Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
    I wonder if John would kill himself by walking out in sunlight or something.
    IDK, Logan didn't, and he was on the council. I guess you're perspective changes when you are the one in the hot seat.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by rej@ne
    I, myself, gave it a 10 coz I (like you do) think this show is addicting with all itīs twists and turns, aside being well produced, written and played.
    I agree with all your points.

But I have to desagree with one of your points: I donīt think Steffan still loves Katharine! And Iīm not sure he still keeps her photo in hus room. What I think is that Katharine reminds him of his sad story (he blames himself to what had happened to her 145 years ago when she was taken down by the founders) and I think he blames himself of the evil way Damon is now, considering the fact he was the one who turned Damon , at least in the show thatīs how it happened.
    I'm sure he blames himself, and it never showed if Steffan threw away her photo, so by default, he still keeps her picture in his room. If Steffan did blame himself for what happened to Katherine, that still doesn't explain why he keeps her picture, because arguably, Damon is head over heels in love with her, and he didn't. Steffan even admitted that he had to get to know Elena because of her uncanny resemblance to Katherine. In his own words, "I had to know her". Damon knew about Elena, judging from the series premiere, and he didn't go out of his way to make her acquaintance.

He loves Elena!
    I don't doubt that.

Besides the show is abt a triangle - Steffan/Elena/Damon - and thereīs no room for anyone else, at least not right now and definately not Katharine!
    That's the thing about twists and turns, the writers' have the fantastic aptitude to make anything seem logical, and happen.
    Last edited by shanemak; 09-16-2010, 10:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
      IDK, Logan didn't, and he was on the council. I guess you're perspective changes when you are the one in the hot seat.
      True. I'd love to see a showdown between Damon and a vampiric John.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
        True. I'd love to see a showdown between Damon and a vampiric John.
        Yea that would be awesome. Wouldn't it be ironic if Jeremy is protected from John with the very same ring that John gave him?

Comment

Yea that would be awesome. Wouldn't it be ironic if Jeremy is protected from John with the very same ring that John gave him?
          That would be a clever twist. Cap it off with Alaric disposing of John with his wooden stake knuckle dusters and you've got a hell of a storyline brewing

Comment

That's the thing about twists and turns, the writers' have the fantastic aptitude to make anything seem logical, and happen.
            And now is my turn to agree with all you have replied above. Excelent points.
            Iīm going crazy here waiting for the new ep which Iīll only be able to watch in few hours given the fact I live in Brazil so, please, keep me updated ok?

Comment

10. Excellent start to the second season.

Big shock at the end, wasn't expecting that! Looking forward to catching up and then watching the rest of the season.

Comment

"She'll try to break us, and how we respond to that will define us."

Wow, what a way to start a season. So much kinda happened at the end, it's a lot to get your mind around. So glad Jeremy is not a vampire. And I kinda wish Caroline wouldn't turn but it looks like it's a little late for that. I'm ready for them to say the word "werewolf". They're kinda just toying with the idea of Tyler being even though we all know that's what it is. It's not like we can't figure that one out. It's look like this season is going to be a LOT darker than last season which isn't always a bad thing. I love how Damon is written. You want to love him and hate him and mostly feel sorry for him all at the same time which makes for one very interesting character.

I give this episode 10 out of 10. Very good.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎