Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Jonathan Kent be Darkseid?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ That was the crappiest season finale ever. I would of wanted 2 episodes with Clark VS Doomsday or made the fight longer.

Comment

i don't think so!

Comment

I would guess Metron, based on my limited understanding of the New Gods. In more than one storyline Metron has contacted superheroes to warn them about Darkseid. Jonathan does issue a warning to Clark. Just sayin'.....

Comment

Johnathan will not be darksied. My bet on darksied is Clancy Brown the kurgan himself =) also he was the voice of Lex Luthor in the JLA/Superman animated series.

Comment

I hope not, considering it will ruin CK's image of his father after seeing him as a villain TWICE.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by metropolisfan
            I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if JK is really Darkseid. After all, this is the Smallville world where stone cold killers like Doomsday, Metallo and Zod all started off with soft, gooey centers.
            John was pretty hellbent on revenge before he became Metallo, I mean look at the underground room with all the pictures of the Blur, that's a bit creepy.

And Zod was Major, not General, before he decided to destroy Krypton.
            Last edited by LilMo; 08-13-2010, 01:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Out of the little clip we've seen it looks like Jonathan and more like a dream-ish, out-of-this-world-ish setting. Of course THAT might be him and then later someone else potrays as him, but I hope not. I wanna see the real man, not another cover up. Last thing we see of him ever on the show is a badguy would suck

Comment

Originally posted by LordOnox
                From the recent interview with John Schneider, we learn that Jonathan will be coming back for at least 3 episodes but no more than 12, and might have scenes with other characters besides Clark.

They have stated that we will be seeing Darkseid in a different form than we are use to seeing, and then there is this new tweet:
                @DamianLovesTV: #Smallville goody: When I asked Brian Peterson about casting Darkseid, he said "by answering that, I would give things away." Discuss

So I am starting to think that maybe the Jonathan Kent that will appear this season is actually Darkseid. He could be taking on the form of Jonathan, or just creating an illusion; with the goal to gain the upper hand on Clark, mentally.

Personally, I would prefer if they did not go this way with Darkseid; but if done right, it could be a very good twist. It is obvious that Jonathan will be playing a much bigger role this season than originally thought. So this is one possible way that the story could be going.
                I really hope they don't do this as the dialogue between Father & Son in the first episode is very moving and direct, this would ruin this moment for me, if you know what i mean!!!

Comment

I was just thinking this same thing, and then I go in and see there's already a thread on it.

I think that's one of the only reasons why "3 with an option for 12" would make sense for Jonathan... if he's actually the human form of Darkseid. And didn't the producers say they weren't giving away who's playing Darkseid?

Comment

I was wondering if he could be Darkseid in spirit or different form. Personally I hope not but maybe, plus Jonathan was warning him of something evil right? I dont think darkseid should warn Clark of himself LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kneel4justice
                      I was wondering if he could be Darkseid in spirit or different form. Personally I hope not but maybe, plus Jonathan was warning him of something evil right? I dont think darkseid should warn Clark of himself LOL
                      Exactly I hope darkseid doesn't warn clark he's coming and brainiac should really be the only one to take the form of people that we know are dead. darkseid should have his own form nothing like weve seen before with no trace of humanity since he is pure evil.

Comment

If Jonathan is Darkseid I am already calling the fan name "Dukeseid!"

Comment

I really really want Jonathan to be the real deal, it would be such a happy moment for Clark and the fans..... at least me! Since the writers have JS I think they should use him as the real Character.

Comment

I pray that he is not Darkseid... I think it is marginally disrespectful to the importance of Jonathan Kent's character. I'd much rather Jonathan be a guiding force from beyond the grave, whether in a near death experience or in a more continuous guardian angel role through his dreams. I keep seeing theories that say thing like, "Jonathan Kent was never actually a good guy on the show and from the very beginning of the show, he was actually Darkseid in disguise." I am sorry, but those type of theories make me want to throw my TV through my plate-glass window!

HOWEVER, if Johnathan does return on a more semi-regular basis this season, perhaps it will be a little of both... If the show takes a more mystical approach to the New God mythology (and focus less on technological aspect), perhaps Darkseid will be more representative of "the devil" than a higher alien intelligence. If this is the track they take in their depiction, then perhaps Jonathan is visiting Clark and warning him from beyond the grave (in the beginning anyway). Then later in the season Darkseid could become aware of Jonathan's otherworldly guidance and will infiltrate Clark's dreams (Darkseid would just look like Pa Kent)...

If they do this, I hope that it isn't a regular thing... It would be much scarier if during most of the season, Jonathan really is reaching out to Clark like a guardian angel and then during one dream, Jonathan is acting strangely (perhaps pushing for Clark to tell him the location of some mystical object that Darkseid needs or whatever). Then as Pa Kent becomes more and more demanding and angry, he face would suddenly change into Darkseid's... The appearance of Darkseid's face would last only a split second and Clark would then wake up in a cold sweat.

What do you think? Is this a little too Lord Voldemort in final three Harry Potter books? As long as Darkseid isn't searching for horcruxes to make him "live" again, I think it would be fine
                            Last edited by She-ra; 08-15-2010, 07:33 PM.

Comment

For all we know, he could be Orion warning Clark of his father Darkseid's coming to Earth.

Comment

I could see this being Lionel more than Jonathan, just think that way we would get the magnificent bast**d back!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎