Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falling Skies (TNT)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

^^the rallying speech Tom SHOULD have given. Everybody would've cheered -- everybody except John Locke that is, who would say: "No, people, no! Don't you see he stole that from a really bad movie??" And the crowd would boo and hiss at Locke and tell him to shut up.

Anyway just saw the newest episode, and I finally just realized what's always bugged me about Captain Weaver -- the actor reminds me of a homeless old hobo. lol Seriously the way he talks, acts, everything about him screams "hungry old man looking for spare change" more than it does leader of a rebellion.

When the 2nd Mass was asked to disarm themselves/hand over their firearms, I really thought we were in for a scene straight out of The Outlaw Josey Wales or something. That is, after they're all defenseless, they all have to pledge allegiance to the New United States of America, and just as they're saying the oath, a man hidden in the shadows reveals a huge Gatling gun out of nowhere and guns them all down.

And finally, when they were rounding up the 2nd Mass later in the episode, for a second I thought they were going to reveal the "true" source of all the delicious food they were serving in the cafeteria -- people. Either that or Tom could discover with horror a different truth, and tell everyone in the cafeteria, "Soylent Green is made out of skitterrrrrrrs....it's Skitters!!!" Everybody would think he said skittles though and keep eating.

Originally posted by closetclana
    We need to get back to shooting skitters.
    Or eating them...they're probably delicious. Red Eye would beg the 2nd Mass to stop eating his people, just before they throw him on the grill next to Ben. "Not my son....not my Ben...." Tom would cry....."Not without butter I mean!" he'd add. (I just reminded myself of a Futurama episode.)
    Last edited by Xanderman; 08-13-2012, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• So The Price of Greatness. It was good but a wee bit predictable.

Liked that they brought Weaver's daughter back (felt like we might be setting something up with Diego and all).

And hey, Tom's former boss/mentor/whatever is now basically President. And even if I hadn't already seen the previews I would have known from almost the moment he opened his mouth that he was not a good guy.

Matt Frewer! Always a pleasure to see him. And having him play a general? Very cool (though it took me a minute to recognize him at Frewer. I still expect him to look like Edison Carter from Max Headroom-and whoa, just dated myself I know!).

Separating the 2nd Mass, and collecting their guns. You just knew that wasn't a good idea. And of course evil!President dude was going to use Tom to keep his power!

The stuff with Anne was interesting. Her being basically 'demoted' and treated that way (ah, sexism is alive and well in Charleston) was a fascinating take on the survivors.

Maggie. Her whole subplot was great. Her stealing the gun and trying to stop Pope and his gang (though I found it a bit hard to believe that Tector went from full on outlaw to straight apple nearly overnight) and then the whole stuff with Hal. Maggie's story is one of the best on the show.

Tom's speech and the quote from the book, then the 2nd mass all taken into custody. Who else saw that coming? *raises hand*

Loved Red Eye sending the harnessed kid (and how Tom thought it was Ben) and the reveal that Tom's secrets are still secret (I forget, sometimes, that not everyone knows about Ben, etc.).

Captured again (seconds after breaking Maggie out!) and wooing Pope (who I honestly thought would turn on Tom. He's got a weird sense of loyalty, our Pope). Half expected our 'gourmet' to comment on the food as well.

And the General finally gets a backbone and stages a coup (frankly I'm surprised people didn't want Tom to take over as the head of the government. They already said some see him as a religious figure--which is why the kid talking smack to Matt surprised me--so not a huge leap to leading the group).

And one more episode to go! This season started off a little slow but now it's whipping by so quickly!

Comment

• Some of the reviews I've read have the show starting strong and then that it lost something somewhere along the way. But now they're saying that show has become a lot better. Hmmm. I actually felt that way too. I stuck with it even when there was nothing really going on and it looks like when the show finally gets interesting it's already coming to an end for the season.

Comment

• I stuck with it the first season even when sometimes, it was just so so but this season is better for me. I'm glad that they are still going to fight the aliens instead of sitting on their hands. Now, that would have really been boring. Next episode looks good and sorry it is almost over already.

Comment

• Season Finale Tonight

Comment

• Cool finale tonight, but everything happened to fast. It's like they crammed 2 or 3 episodes into one. Still... I like the story lines they have set up for next season. [SPOILER]Are the new aliens skitters without being harnessed?[/SPOILER]
              Last edited by closetclana; 08-19-2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Surprise, surprise Hal has been turned evil when all through the series it almost seemed like it would Ben. It was predictable since he went unconscious after that kiss; it couldn't have been that good

I loved the ending new aliens have arrived and we have to wait and see if they're friends or foes. Let the speculation begin.... It's almost too obvious that they're new allies, since they didn't land guns blazing. I almost hope they go human/skitter hybrid with these things. Though, now I think there are too many alien species on the series...mechs, skitters, overlords and now these things.

Anyway, It took them 2 seasons but, they finally got the series going in a good direction. This time around, I can't wait until the new season. It's getting better with every new episode (give or take the occasional miss).
                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 08-19-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Good finale, ally or enemy?
                  Last edited by MarvelL; 08-20-2012, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• Great finale. I want more too bad we have to wait a year

Im guessing the Fish Heads were going to shoot that thing into space to blow up the mothership that was holding those alien cyborg looking dudes. Wonder whats up with them. Cant wait to find out.

Comment

• Think this answers Tom's question of why the weapon would be pointing up into the sky since it made no sense to him since the Air Force had been negated. Appears that the overlords were preparing for an extraterrestrial onslaught of their own and that the weapon was intended for the guys who dropped in on the closing scene.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                        Surprise, surprise Hal has been turned evil when all through the series it almost seemed like it would Ben. It was predictable since he went unconscious after that kiss; it couldn't have been that good
                        Please elaborate. What do you mean by turned "evil"? Didn't we see that bug thing before? Wasn't that was Red-Eye had put into Tom in order to use as a tracking/intelligence-gathering device? In fact I'm beginning to wonder if that's how Red-Eye got his...red eye. Perhaps he was implanted with the device but once he broke free of the Overlords' control he learned how to use it for himself. It would seem as though mutated Karen implanted it into Hal via that Kiss. So yeah...just trying to think this out...I don't think Hal is "evil" in the sense that he's going to start killing humans and stuff.

Also...I really had no idea that this was the season finale. Unlike Smallville...there isn't really a spoiler site out there for Falling Skies. This show (and television in general) is SO MUCH BETTER when you're in the blind. Amazing finale! A+

Comment

• ^^^ it was just a figure a speech. He will betray them no doubt. The way the scene played; him waking up alone, the smirk he gave in the mirror, and the way he didn't try to stop the parasite or at least flinch at the site of it. Karen did something to him, maybe she transfered what made her turn on them beyond just being harnessed.
                          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 08-20-2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• So finally go to see A More perfect Union, the finale. I've got mixed feelings, to say the least.

Liked the return of Ben and how he brought the rebel skitters with him. The reception was so spot on. But that whole superweapon thing...? Did anyone else think of Jedi? (As in, they're building a terrible superweapon and now the leader is going there and hey, here's our chance? I was almost hearing Mon Momtha's "we've learned that the Emperor himself..." line in my head.)

The General and Weaver, talking him into using the 2nd Mass.

When Anne threw up was totally thinking "she's pregnant, isn't she?" And sure enough...

The reveal that the General orders the hit on Skitters--because they killed his son? and Ben's reaction. Along with Ben's decision to stay with the Skitters (I wondered how Tom would take that when Hal told him).

The raid and poor Dai is killed (loved him, wanted him to have more screen time/dialogue. There's been a lack of Dai lately with Tector more in the forefront. Now he's gone. ) and Karen again. Anne's panic (for herself or for her unborn child? Or both) and Tom finding out about her being pregnant was beautifully played. And have the aliens not figured out by now that the way to get to Tom is through his family? It's the one surefire button to push with him.

The rebel skitters to the rescue and Tom taking out the Overlord but poor Red Eye. Anyone else wonder what Red Eye said to Ben? (I'm guessing somewhere along the lines of 'you belong with your family, go back to the humans', judging by Ben saying he was going to stay later.)

It was fairly obvious that Karen had done something to Hal. When he woke up I half excepted him to mutate or something. Then the crawly in his eye (but his expression seemed to indicate more than just being 'bugged'?).

The 'storm' and the ships. And new aliens. I'm not sure how to feel about this. I feel we still have so much to learn and explore with what we have already (the aliens, the humans, etc.). To introduce yet more new characters...I'm not sure about that.

But I will say that I can't believe the season is over already! Feels like it just started! And now another year before new eps.

Comment

• a spoiler (casting) for season 3 has already appeared! actually 2 casting spoilers

Even more excited and wishing we didn't have to wait a full year!
                              Last edited by Welling_is_pretty; 08-27-2012, 11:46 AM. Reason: added bold to emphasis spoiler

Comment

• When does season 3 start roughly?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎