Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falling Skies (TNT)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little over a week until the premiere!

Comment

• 1 week to go

Comment

• Today is Noah Wyle's birthday so that's kind of cool as well (him having his birthday so close to the premiere of the new season).

I thought we were getting a 2-hour premiere but it's listed in my DVR as two one-hour shows playing back to back. I guess that's pretty much the same thing....

Comment

• ya same with my DVR. 2 one hour episodes. but ya same as a 2 hour episode lol.

Comment

• I was watching this steady in the first season and some of the second but then I kinda lost interest towards the end of the second season. I'm not sure if the characters were just not interesting enough or what. However, I see its on Netflix so I guess maybe I'll catch up on previous episodes once they're available.

Comment

• http://www.ksitetv.com/falling-skies...season-3/22879

also, the showrunner previews season 3 over on TV Line: http://tvline.com/2013/06/07/falling...son-3-preview/

Comment

• season premiere tonight

Comment

• It was a good season premiere but, I found some things very cliche....such as Alexis being more "advanced" and creepy than the average newborn (I expert her to be fully grown by the end of the season; its been done to death in other sci-fi series'), a trader among them/so the person close to finding them out gets murdered *yawn*, and the Volms having alternative motives than being "freedom fighters", no duh!!! that's going to end badly....especially with that new weapon that nobody knows what its supposed to do.
                  Last edited by darkphoenix21; 06-09-2013, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Wow... That was a pretty intense premiere! SO many things that happened, and actually, I was pretty pleasantly surprised at the way they were able to explain a lot of the changes that had occurred during the "seven month gap" between the finale of the last season and the premiere of this one.

[SPOILER]I'm curious to see just how much control Karen has over Hal... it was really creepy when they revealed that they were actually meeting in reality, and not just in his dreams. *shudders* And she's the new Overlord? Yikes! I like Ben and that new girl -- seems like they're pretty close, as both were former harness kids. The Volms' technology appears to have provided them a lot of help in their fight against the... I have no clue how to spell the name of the aliens that we already know are bad, LOL. Maybe I'll just keep calling them the fishheads for now. Anyway, there could very well be more to these Volms than meets the eye, and they may not be providing assistance for altogether altruistic reasons as they claim, so I don't blame some of the characters for being cautious around them. I'm having trouble figuring out what they're going to do with the baby Alexis plotline. As you said, darkphoenix21, it has been done in other series -- I wonder if this one will be any different? Seems like there's a high potential of it ending in disaster. I'm just wondering HOW she turned out to be as "unique" as she is. Was it caused by something that Karen did when they were all captured by the old Overlord at the end of Season 2, I wonder? And what do you think that Pope and his Berserkers are planning? Nothing good, I'd imagine... or maybe something that'll save everyone in the end. We'll just have to wait and see...[/SPOILER]

All in all, I thought it was a pretty good two-hour episode, and I'll be looking forward to seeing where they take things from here.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                      It was a good season premiere but, I found some things very cliche....such as Alexis being more "advanced" and creepy than the average newborn (I expert her to be fully grown by the end of the season; its been done to death in other sci-fi series'), a trader among them/so the person close to finding them out gets murdered *yawn*, and the Volms having alternative motives than being "freedom fighters", no duh!!! that's going to end badly....especially with that new weapon that nobody knows what its supposed to do.
                      I think the baby is scarier then the aliens haha

Comment

• oh and about the baby i guess we know that 2 season ago when he was kidnapped by the aliens and let him go that they did more then just "bug" him. im also wondering if Hal and alien girl are going to have an alien baby of their own. Next season will be a bunch of creepy little babies they have to kil haha

Didnt that like hermit dude play Wilson on House?

and in the opening titles there was a guy named Doug Jones. or something. Doesnt he play that alien looking dude in Hell Boy and that creepy eyeball creature in Pans Labyrinth?
                        Last edited by superhippie2000; 06-10-2013, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• So the two hour premiere. I thought the first hour was a lot better than the second one, frankly. "On Thin Ice", that is.

Usually before FS returns there's a marathon of episodes from before to catch a person up. If there was one this year I didn't spot it so i didn't remember some details. I remembered the 'broad strokes', as it were, but not some of the smaller stuff. For instance, I was surprised to see Ben fighting with the others. I thought he'd gone off to be with the Skitters, etc. *shrugs* It was, in fact, strange to see everyone fighting together (Ben, Tom, Weaver, Matt, and even Pope?). Weaver's daughter back as well. Just surprising.

Smiled at the return of Matt Frewer (always a pleasure to see him) as the General dude.

The reveal of Hal in the wheelchair, I had known from spoilers but it was a bit confusing since last we saw of him he was fine (except the eye bug, of course).

The alien tech to remove harnessess. When Anne was using that machine I had a bad feeling. They don't even let pregnant women around MRI's and such. And they're letting her near this machine that they have no idea what it might do to her?

Karen as the new Overlord. I'm not that surprised.

The birth of the 1st Mason girl (I'm unclear, have Anne and Tom gotten married or are they just a couple?) and her name is Alexis? And the kid...

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                          (I expert her to be fully grown by the end of the season its been done to death in other sci-fi series')
                          I had this very thought. Flashed back to the original "V" series and also to "The 4400", both of which had "magic kids", as it were. I have a feeling that Alexis is going to go through some sort of accelerated growth spurt (be a teenager before you know it, maybe?). It's just such a bad and played out sci-fi cliche that I've, frankly, never cared for. It's the most disappointing storyline I've ever encountered on this show.

And then on to "Collateral Damage".

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                          Didnt that like hermit dude play Wilson on House?
                          He was indeed! Robert Sean Leonard (I had read spoilers he was going to be putting in a guest appearance but had forgotten so when his name came up in the credits I was a bit surprised but very excited) looked so different!

Did anyone else noticed that James Marshall directed? Mini Smallville reunion then, between Marshall and Beeman (who produces).

Matt's become quite the little delinquint, hasn't he? Blowing up that house. It as nice to see Tom realize he's been neglecting his family but then he is President now.

The raid/attack was a bit boring, I felt. It was important but after some time it grew a bit tedious (I was reasonably sure they would succeed, though I hadn't expected the trick of using Weaver's team as bait). I'm on Weaver's side though. Why aren't the Volm joining in such raids, risking their lives as well?

The whole Hal storyline (he's walking, who didn't see that coming?), also is not that interesting to me. I'm tired of the Mason boys becoming 'bad' or being used by the Espheni.

So yeah, I really liked the first hour but was meh on the second.

and in the opening titles there was a guy named Doug Jones.
                          I'm told that that is the same guy from Hellboy and other media.

Comment

• Ya it was weird seeing Wilson. He looked really different but he looked the same in his eyes and his voice.

Ya i looked it up and Doug Jones played different alien type dudes in Hell Boy (and i saw they are making a 3rd) and the creatures in Pans Labyrinth. He also played the Silver Surfer in FF2.

Ya Matts become a little trouble maker but hes always been one who liked disobeying his father and seeking adventure. I dont think hes a bad kid he just wants to prove himself. Especially since at first his older brother was like the hero and his other brother became the translater for the alien resitance and is the connection between the alien and the humans and then we have Matt who is just a kid and doesnt do anything special except for kind of being bait. And he does kind of have a point with going to school. even when the world goes back to normal its not like an old education will matter. especially histoy books cause 100 years from now the alien war will be in history books not abraham lincoln or the civil war.

Comment

• What was the deal with that evil baby stuff with Alexis, I thought this was sci-fi, not horror. lol Next thing you know they'll have her hurling herself at people, ripping their throats open with her teeth.

John Locke's reaction before getting murdered was kinda silly. He just goes "So it's you?" almost in a casual way, like a reaction of pure curiosity or like his interest was simply piqued, rather than the fear he should have been experiencing given a gaping hole was just about to be blasted through his chest. Seriously Smokey made that scene a little comical. It would have been funnier if he begged and pleaded for his life, and even offered to assassinate the President if only the spy would spare his life. lol

Nice little Independence Day (the movie) speech given by the President. Tom's getting good at those. lol

At least now the resistance against the aliens makes more sense, because now they have other aliens with experience against the invaders and advanced technology helping them. Before it made absolutely no sense that they weren't quickly and easily wiped out, given that these same invaders apparently took out the entire planet's military forces with barely any trouble when they first arrived. Making it seem as if these humans were being spared on purpose, and that the invaders were just toying with them. (Which I believe eventually the aliens admitted to, or something along those lines? Can't remember, I think they did.)

And I'm glad these new aliens are more humanoid in appearance. The skitters are just way too damned ugly to look at, seriously get 'em off my screen. lol Also, the little brat boy with that new hair of his...get him off my screen too. lol

Overall I'd say this season is a step in the right direction so far, better than what we've been given prior. The current set-up with Charleston being at the center, Tom being President, etc, and the new alien allies who came to us from a galaxy far, far away (the Star Wars galaxy no doubt), is actually surprisingly refreshing.
                              Last edited by Xanderman; 06-13-2013, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by superhippie2000
                                Matts become a little trouble maker but hes always been one who liked disobeying his father and seeking adventure.
                                I agree. But it's just strange to me that he's become this little 'soldier' since it was Matt that seemed to want to be the most 'normal' back in the day. Also, Tom seemed to want to keep him away from the fighting for so long. I guess the inevitable tide of war and fighting changes everything?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎