Collapse
No announcement yet.

Davis never wanted to be evil

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do everybody think Doomsday eat people? I killed a bird when I was a kid but I did'nt grow up to be a phycopath. I saw killing an animal as being a sign of a phycopath is overrated. I'm not a violent person by the way unless you piss me off. Lana seemed to be more evil then him most of the time.
    Last edited by kp1984; 06-06-2010, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I know I know... Doomsday probably only ripped Chloe limb from limb in that episode and wore her intestines as claw decorations but I though eat sounded cuter...

Did you kill the bird for fun? As in someone's pet parakeet that would sit on you hand? That's the type of bird Davis killed and I think from the looks of it he snapped it's neck.

Anyway as to over rated... according to people who study serial killers it certainly isn't, as every sociopath in history has a little pet cemetery as it were... We aren't talking hunting trips, or accidents where the kid cried afterwards when they sat on their hamster or put the cat in the microwave because they thought it was cold... we are talking about killing things just to kill them... if that is what you did to the bird... well then I'd say we all got lucky that you aren't a serial killer because the killing of animals just to kill them shows a morbid fascination with death and a sociopathic lack of sympathy... of course if it was only the one bird it can be a dismissed moment of a normal persons childhood as kids will sometimes be morbid but if you killed, as I called it before, more then one animal... now I know we only saw Davis kill the one bird but this is a TV show... they showed us that for a good reason, they didn't have to have him kill the bird to prove he had the doomsday problem as they showed us that at the end of the episode when he turned into Doomsday and killed the driver, instead they show us a perfectly neat room, meaning there was no way he turned into the monster, with the dead bird sitting on the windowsill, that was very intentional and they know what children who kill animals grow up into...

Comment

[QUOTE=borednow;6424213]I know I know... Doomsday probably only ripped Chloe limb from limb in that episode and wore her intestines as claw decorations but I though eat sounded cuter...

Did you kill the bird for fun? As in someone's pet parakeet that would sit on you hand? That's the type of bird Davis killed and I think from the looks of it he snapped it's neck.

Anyway as to over rated... according to people who study serial killers it certainly isn't, as every sociopath in history has a little pet cemetery as it were... We aren't talking hunting trips, or accidents where the kid cried afterwards when they sat on their hamster or put the cat in the microwave because they thought it was cold... we are talking about killing things just to kill them... if that is what you did to the bird... well then I'd say we all got lucky that you aren't a serial killer because the killing of animals just to kill them shows a morbid fascination with death and a sociopathic lack of sympathy... of course if it was only the one bird it can be a dismissed moment of a normal persons childhood as kids will sometimes be morbid but if you killed, as I called it before, more then one animal... now I know we only saw Davis kill the one bird but this is a TV show... they showed us that for a good reason, they didn't have to have him kill the bird to prove he had the doomsday problem as they showed us that at the end of the episode when he turned into Doomsday and killed the driver, instead they show us a perfectly neat room, meaning there was no way he turned into the monster, with the dead bird sitting on the windowsill, that was very intentional and they know what children who kill animals grow up into...[/QUOTE
        I was just curious to see if the bird could survive. I was like 6 back then. Strange his mom seemed so nice this season but the last season she was mean. She even stabbed her son. If only she would have stabbed Zod like that.

Comment

^ Yeah that remind me of the scene in Kill Bill with the fish... I would not say that is a sure sign of crazy... more curiosity... when little kids don't know much about death... but as I said the neck snapping of the bird... little different...

Comment

Originally posted by VagrantDream
            I liked most of season 8, but after 'Beast' it gets progressively more ridiculous.
            Okay now I'm REALLY out.
            I think I started cussing the show from Injustice. lol.

Comment

Anyway... killing animals without remorse particularly without reason as a child... big neon sign...

Comment

I was just reading up on these.

A small boy in rural Newfoundland who has been accused of killing local animals requires immediate treatment to steer him away from greater dangers, one of Canada's foremost experts in child protection says.

Authorities say an eight-year-old boy in Stoneville, on Newfoundland's northeast coast, killed a neighbour's dog with a barbecue fork in June and this week bludgeoned another family's pet chickens to death
                Eight year old normal boy. When he grows up I wonder what's gonna happen to him. His problem can be taken care of by a psychiatrist. Hopefully he's gonna grow up to be a healthy and sane adult who could look back on his actions and say "okay that is who I used to be. I'm better now". That child's problem stemmed from a mental source only.

Another story was the Sylvia Likens story where Gertrude Baniszweski tortured the poor girl. And Gertrude's children who were Sylvia's friends and normal normal children tied the girl up and tortured her in their basement. Kids she knew at school and get along with. Sadly Sylvia died. One of Gertrude's children (I wont say who) turned his life around years after.

The thing is - the animal killing boy and the torture addicted children had no Doomsday to contend with. That killing of the bird came from the Doomsday's source and not Davis. How Davis without Doomsday would have reacted to the bird? - I don't believe that he would have killed it. Those kids have a solution. They can be surrounded by loving families, counsellors who can fix them. Davis surpressed Doomsday for a long while and while Davis reacts positively to kindness it's not something that Doomsday cares for. One bird killing action has Davis condemned before we even know about Doomsday (let's say we saw that story before we even knew about the beast). The bird killing wasn't a sign of who Davis was in my view rather it was a foreshadowing of things to come as promoted by Doomsday. We did not see Davis kill the bird and since Doomsday is the one who tries to be in control it makes sense that he would take one small aim at control before going under and making Davis feel that he was normal. Nor did we see Doomsday hurt Chloe and nor will I assume as to what happens offscreenville.

Doomsday was the one who should have been destroyed. The destroyer dies and the man becomes the murderer. If Smallville writer's were so concerned about the duality of Doomsday and Davis why the split? Rhetorical question. Why put all our hopes (well dare I say Chlavis fans hopes) on the split - and then back away. When one of the human characters were affected by black K - it was just a human splitting into two - ying and yang. But that was just a human alone. It worked on Clark Kent because he is just one entity - alien - but still one. Davis is Davis (normal kryptonian side like Clark) with another entity i.e. Doomsday that tries to regain control. So if this split did work like Davis really being splitted from Doomsday it would have been a strange case because it cannot work on both of them. Maybe it would work on Jekyll and Hyde who is just one human with a split personality. But rather Davis as a camouflage who becomes his own reality was being infected by Doomsday. Green kryptonite reacts to different human beings differently, that is why those infected develop different abilities based on genetics, health, state of mind etc. Red Kryptonite has one basic reaction. Black Kryptonite has another basic reaction. So Davis never wanted to be evil because he was not evil. If it was Davis alone, naturally human or naturally alien like Clark growing up, committing crimes based on his own mentalities without any doomsday messing up his life then I would say he was evil. But I cannot.
                Last edited by Zizi; 08-25-2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Wait a darn minute? Why do I even care? If the writers wanted to show us Doomsday as one entity and Davis as another why are we even treating them like one?

Err don't answer that - don't care to know. This is getting ridiculous. I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zizi
                    Being trapped between a rock and a hard place. All the other characters basically had it easy - they had no alter ego to contend with, no real inner demons to contend with except themselves.

To me, Davis was good, just put in an unfortunate situation. Sam Witwer did say that they would drag the character through the mud, I just didn't appreciate the underhanded approach in which it ended.
                    I found the second half of S8 to be the most darkest hour on the show (not bad)...I think I've never been that involved with Smallville story emotionally...Maybe in season 3 when Clark was loose on Metropolis with red kryptonite. "Eternal", "Beast", "Injustice" were all great episodes. I don't like "Doomsday" because they killed Jimmy. Thats about it. As much as I hate Oliver shooting Clark and leaving him possibly to die...the part where Davis kills Jimmy was stupid. I think Jimmy should have written like he couldn't take it no more and had to leave Metropolis to cool off. But when you think about it...even though it sucked there is certain logic to Davis killing Jimmy.

He basically is Clark but didn't get parents like the Kent's to guide him. He had an unhappy, abusive childhood. "I grew up hearing alot of four letter words and love wasn't one them" etc. Basically everyone has turned their backs on him. (starting from Lionel when he learned there was another boy that fell to earth, then he jumped homes like a frog.) Now when he is an adult and is a medic (ambulance driver whatever) and seems like a good guy. When even Chloe turned her back on Davis it just was too much for him I guess. Even though he had just gotten a chance to live a normal life it was already too late. As Clark says that he was wrong and that they are not brothers.

The backlash must have been even bigger when Chloe agreed to leave with Davis and start a new life only to learn it was just to protect others. Sure Davis reacted like a jackass but you really can't blame him.

It's really not that surprising that Clark is who he is because he was raised in "Norman Rockwell's neighbourhood".

Comment

Originally posted by Zizi
                      Wait a darn minute? Why do I even care? If the writers wanted to show us Doomsday as one entity and Davis as another why are we even treating them like one?

Err don't answer that - don't care to know. This is getting ridiculous. I'm out.
                      I was going to say we have been talking about Davis as an individual separate from Doomsday. If you want to blame every thing bad that Davis did on Doomsday, say he only killed people because doomsday made him, that would be the argument that they are the same and thus Davis is of course non-redeemable because he is Doomsday and Doomsday is not redeemable. The argument can of course be made but that's never seemed to be yours. Of course Doomsday's presence was the trigger event that made Davis start killing. He killed because he believed it kept his demon in his control. Correct? Therefor it was Davis who killed. Whether inspired by an actual monster inside or mental monster, it was the man that killed after Infamous. No one here has been arguing that Doomsday's kills before then were Davis' fault. So I fail to understand your complaint at all we are talking about Davis' murders.

As to the above... there is no cure for Antisocial personality disorder. Sorry to the little boy but if he really has it nothing will ever fix him. At best he may be able to fake a normal life and pretend he cares about people, but he never will be able to. He might be able to curve the sadistic side of him but he will never be normal just as Davis could never be normal. The other repentant child was part of a group of killers/torturers, which is a different dichotomy. Individuals will loose their will to a group dynamic if they allow it and that child most likely did, now being separated from the group feels remorse because he/she does not suffer from Antisocial personality disorder, but to boil it down it has nothing to do with the Davis case, as Davis was not dealing with group social dynamics.

As to the bird... Doomsday side wasn't out. Davis was "In control" he didn't grow big spikes and turn black, how do I know? Look at the room. It wasn't a mess, there weren't even feathers everywhere from the bird being ripped to pieces, it was a very clean kill. And if it was influenced by Doomsday... where were the tears? Where was the freaking out? The only time I remember that kid crying was when he was abandoned, which means he is a self pitying sociopath.

As to being out. Bye. I don't think failing to agree with you makes this argument ridiculous but whatever, have a nice life.

Comment

Here's how i sum up davis/doomsday. Wants to be a good guy, but the doomsday side makes it difficult along with his selfish needs as DAVIS, aa bored now aptly put it, makes it impossoble. As for the bird, i think it could have been doomsday and that was triggered by being startled and scared. You would too if you were a kid in a strange place. Davis really would have been a good guy if he didn't have doomsday and selfishly destroyed chloe's wedding, was possesive of her, and made jimmy out to be crazy. No, i don't think it contradicts Davis's character at all when he killed Jimmy. He was angry that he was betrayed. But i never really hoped Davis would be good. Or that he loved Chloe, faked because of braniac or otherwise. After all, Doomsday is supposed to be a heartless killing machine. Not a lovestruck adult. -_- In conclusion, davis/doomsday was cool as doomsday, boring and selfish as davis.

Comment

Boring and selfish sums up how I saw Davis pretty well... and the sad part is I like serial killer stories and characters more times than not because even if they are beyond evil they are really interesting in their sick twisted ways, but Davis failed to on all levels but selfishness.

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
                            Boring and selfish sums up how I saw Davis pretty well... and the sad part is I like serial killer stories and characters more times than not because even if they are beyond evil they are really interesting in their sick twisted ways, but Davis failed to on all levels but selfishness.
                            With Davis' background it's not surprising the man want's something for himself after he's pretty much denied everything starting from his childhood.

Yeah not really a twisted villain, but you gotta admit there's not many good serial killers or serial killers with redeeming qualities like Davis. "Dexter" comes to mind because his targets are also killers (other serial killers). Davis did kill innocent people too. I see him as like a dr. Jekyll mr. Hyde- kinda dude.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                              With Davis' background it's not surprising the man want's something for himself after he's pretty much denied everything starting from his childhood.
                              Is it surprising? No. Does it excuse his selfishness? No.

Yeah not really a twisted villain, but you gotta admit there's not many good serial killers or serial killers with redeeming qualities like Davis. "Dexter" comes to mind because his targets are also killers (other serial killers). Davis did kill innocent people too. I see him as like a dr. Jekyll mr. Hyde- kinda dude.
                              I've seen sympathetic or redeeming qualities serial killers before and done way way WAY better. Plus Davis actually fails to really have redeeming qualities as far as I'm concerned. The only emotion I saw him really display was self pity. He didn't feel bad that his victims had died, he only felt bad that he was the one who had to do it. He's attempt to off himself wasn't that genuine since A) he only tried after he got caught, and B) He had been told repeatedly that whatever killed him makes him stronger... He didn't tell Chloe or Oliver or Clark that his idea might not work... why?

Comment

Agreed, not many serial killers with redeeming qualities like Davis.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎