No announcement yet.

Davis never wanted to be evil

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis never wanted to be evil

Davis never really seem to really be evil, only the beast seemed to be evil. Only reason he killed because he knew the beast would kill random people. I think he should have frist tried maybe killing a lamb to see if that surpress the beast. He tired everything he could to be good. When he was separted from the beast you think he would finally live a life as a normol person but instead he killed which made no sense whatsoever. I think most people on this site agree with me.

Being trapped between a rock and a hard place. All the other characters basically had it easy - they had no alter ego to contend with, no real inner demons to contend with except themselves.

To me, Davis was good, just put in an unfortunate situation. Sam Witwer did say that they would drag the character through the mud, I just didn't appreciate the underhanded approach in which it ended.

Comment

Davis killed a bird as a child... not his inner monster... Davis...

Comment

Originally posted by borednow
        Davis killed a bird as a child... not his inner monster... Davis...
        Oh yeah I saw that again a couple weeks ago. I did'nt notice it the frist time around.

Comment

It's the biggest boldest sign that says: "Future Serial Killer Here."

Sure he might have played nice with some people... but John Wayne Gacy used to throw huge block parties and dress up like a clown to entertain the kids... didn't make him not a killer and rapest... just meant he liked being nice to kids for whatever reason...

Comment

John Wayne Gracy?

Again if he's having blackouts as a kid I don't know if you can throw down balme-it-on-psycho card. Poor kid looked horrified half the ep.

I saw a horrendous lightswitch at the end at fd, but it in no way changed for me the horrific 'good-guy-in the-worst-possible-situation' storyline that I saw through eternal.

I'm out.

Comment

John Wayne Gacy was a serial killer, Davis Bloom was a serial killer the comparison is apt.

He didn't seem to be having any black outs as a "child" I use the term loosely here as he just formed from a puddle of goo...

It was a pretty horrendous situation I'd say but he made choices that were not the "good-guy" choice all through his story. He choose to kill Linda Lake. He choose to go out on the streets and kill people who were "sinners," He choose to ruin the marriage of a woman he supposedly loved, you can't tell me he didn't go out of his way to keep confronting Jimmy. He choose to reject the promise of a phantom zone where he would never hurt anyone again in favour of stealing away Chloe's life, because it was working for a while, without even asking her opinion on it... sorry but these aren't the actions of a guilt ridden good guy, these are the actions of a selfish "man" who was pissed off that he couldn't be normal and have the things that he wanted...
              Last edited by borednow; 06-04-2010, 05:39 PM.

Comment

It would have been so much easier(and better) if Doomsday just fell out of the sky or Tess somehow unearthed him. Imagine all the hassle of is Davis good or bad we as a viewer could avoid.

Comment

John Wayne Gacy was a serial killer, Davis Bloom was a serial killer the comparison is apt.

He didn't seem to be having any black outs as a "child" I use the term loosely here as he just formed from a puddle of goo...

It was a pretty horrendous situation I'd say but he made choices that were not the "good-guy" choice all through his story. He choose to kill Linda Lake. He choose to go out on the streets and kill people who were "sinners," He choose to ruin the marriage of a woman he supposedly loved, you can't tell me he didn't go out of his way to keep confronting Jimmy. He choose to reject the promise of a phantom zone where he would never hurt anyone again in favour of stealing away Chloe's life, because it was working for a while, without even asking her opinion on it... sorry but these aren't the actions of a guilt ridden good guy, these are the actions of a selfish "man" who was pissed off that he couldn't be normal and have the things that he wanted...
                  A sadistic rapist-murderer =/= alien killer camouflage that turns to vigilante killing (that he wants to die for having committed). IMHO, Beast is where canon starts getting stupid. Chloe practically manipulates by leading him to believe she loves him, and their reactions don't fit either of them. They were very open with eachother in Prey and AByss and Smallville didn't keep it consistent. I rewatched some of s4 and Scare and it's something like what they did to Jason Teague.

On a better show I think his storyline could have been handled well. (Something a la George R.R. Martin.)

I won't talk about Jimmy. I have my issues with him but you won't see me posting on his board. but I don't think 'staying away from Jimmy's girl' as if she were a possession would have made their relationship any stronger. Just an opinion.

I don't know why I am even debating smallville. I'm not watching it, and don't much care for what happens now. I liked most of season 8, but after 'Beast' it gets progressively more ridiculous.
                  Okay now I'm REALLY out.

Comment

When did I say stay away from Jimmy's girl? I said he went out of his way to break up a marriage when he knew he was blacking out and killing people and that was all he had to offer that person was a murderer or an out of control killer. I would think anyone of any conscious would leave anyone they cared about at all alone. I know if I was blacking out and killing people my first thought certainly wouldn't be about how to get the guy of my dreams for myself... if I had met said guy I would want him as far away from my out of control homicidal self as possible.

Feel what you want about Jimmy and his relationship with Chloe but we should at lest all recognize that blacking out and ripping her limb from limb was never a serious fear in the relationship which for Davis it should have been the number one thought on his mind any second he spent with her. But he never thought about it which marked him as selfish.

Comment

Davis might not have wanted to be evil originally, but by the time 'Beast' came around he really didn't seem to have a problem with killing people anymore. The fact that he went and kidnapped both Jimmy and Oliver adds to that. In his attempt to fight the beast he became the very thing he tried to avoid; a murderer. It was dramatic irony. By the time Doomsday took place Davis really didn't have anything left to lose, which is why I think he decided to just go ahead and kill Jimmy right then and there.

Comment

When did I say stay away from Jimmy's girl? I said he went out of his way to break up a marriage when he knew he was blacking out and killing people and that was all he had to offer that person was a murderer or an out of control killer. I would think anyone of any conscious would leave anyone they cared about at all alone. I know if I was blacking out and killing people my first thought certainly wouldn't be about how to get the guy of my dreams for myself... if I had met said guy I would want him as far away from my out of control homicidal self as possible.

Feel what you want about Jimmy and his relationship with Chloe but we should at lest all recognize that blacking out and ripping her limb from limb was never a serious fear in the relationship which for Davis it should have been the number one thought on his mind any second he spent with her. But he never thought about it which marked him as selfish.
                        Infamous*cough*

Comment

I never looked at it this way, but you're right. Davis was pretty selfish, even with his human side.

Comment

The writers F'ed up big time. They just wanted to get rid of Jimmy some way IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by VagrantDream
                              Infamous*cough*
                              You mean the episode where Doomsday actually ate Chloe?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎