Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never Say Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't actually cried over a fic in months, and I think it's just near death or death goodbyes that get me. Why do people have to wait until there's nothing left to lose? Why? I think you explained Clark's distance and the Fortress' intervention brilliantly. And I forgive Jor-El only because in the end he confessed, and I've always believed that he never doubted Chloe's devotion or intentions, that he respects her. Even fears her hold over Clark. Besides, AI are imperfect due to their creators programming. Jor-EL the man wasn't perfect. He trusted Zod.

Anyway, emotionally raw and hoping Clark comes around fast enough to save Chloe from hypothermia.

The fact that it was a one-way trip slipped my mind too. Just proved how desperate she was to save him and it ripped me to pieces to know that Chloe would willingly give up her life for him. Her confession was deep, honest and almost too late.

Comment

Tears and tears and then more tears!!! I was almost crying so hard I didn't get that last line! I love the reason you gave for Clark's sudden switch to Lois. And that the bond those two share is just too strong for even an all-powerful AI god-like thingy to exploit or sever. Beautiful, from Jor-El to Chloe's final good-bye speech to Clark's voice! I could write pages upon pages of praise for this part, that is how good it was. The finale didn't even make me cry because I too busy being pissed, but this. . . AWESOME!!! Oh, and I was jumping up and down in my chair when I read "Chloe."

Comment

Perfection! Chloe pouring her heart out to Clark but this time he says her name. Hopefully this isn't an hallucination.
        Love Jor-El being the cause of Clark pulling away from Chloe and running towards Lois.
        Can't wait for more.

Comment

Words fail to convey
          What my heart longs to say
          Sadness is strong
          Yet ultimately fleeting
          When darkness has fallen
          A light still shines
          The love I have for you
          May flicker and fade
          But in the end
          It burns brightly
          To show me the way

Your update just inspired me to write this. I'm told poetry is my thing, but I'd love to know what you think. Anyway, I just loved this chapter, and I can't wait to see Chloe's reaction when she realizes that Clark is alive.

Comment

I just found this and had to read it as fast as I could. Great storytelling!

Comment

So it was all Jor-El's fault.
              Once again Chloe pours her heart out to him and he's unconscious, but he said her name. YAY!
              Love this and can't wait for the next part

Comment

...she still had nightmares of Clark sucked away along side Doomsday. Clark’s choice to use the Book of Rao had been the equivalent of her nightmare coming to life.
                Great call-back.

And I agree, I think this is exactly what Chloe would do in this situation. For better or worse it always has been about Clark for her.

Comment

So Jor El that little sucker turned Clark onto Lois eh.....Ah well I love that explanation and I do want to kick his AI tush. Chloe had my wittle heart breaking but I am soooooooooo very happy that he woke up. Now you hurry back and update this. You can't just leave us there man. And I so hope that Clark heard all of what Chloe said this time.

Comment

Just did get an e-mail notification that this thread had been updated, well better late than never!

Never thought of having Jor-El alter Clark's brain functions after the battle with Doomsday, but it makes sense - and it fits in well with the story in that we were never given an explanation of exactly what happened to Clark after the battle.

“Jor-El says you didn’t choose to walk away. That he did something, something to make it happen. He also said the bond we share was getting past his interference. I’m not going to play ‘the what if’ game, there’s too little time but I’m glad to know that maybe you still kept faith in your humanity, but if not, know that no matter what I said, I always did.”
                    Okay, seriously, you had me ready to tear up here....I'm a guy, guys aren't supposed to cry...how embarrassing!

Seriously though, you have Chloe's voice down pat!! Great work and nice call back to the scene between Clark and Chloe in "Fever".

BTW, I loved the foreshadowing when Jor-El said there was nothing in "his" power that could be done to save Clark. Now the sun (and perhaps the configuration of the fortress amplifying the sun's rays) are restoring Clark, awesome!

Comment

Incredible and so beautiful. Nothing adequately describes Chlark.

Comment

Love this!!!! Please post soon!

Comment

Beautiful!!!

Comment

just your friendly neighborhood bump!

Miss this one. You guys stopped updating and forced me to work on my stuff... No likey!

*crosses pinkies for update*

Comment

I'm just here to give you a friendly little bump. And to say that, if you want, I'm willing to beg for an update. Here's a small sample. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update soon!

Comment

Aww Poor Chloe and Clark

Was it Clark that said her name? or Jor-E;?

BTW, Love this story!!!

PPMS

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎