Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Church of Purgatory (or is it Hypocrisy?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McFly
    After letting all of it sink in now for a few months... It really made NO sense in the end.. As i speculated above, that Ben stayed behind to unite his ppl CAN'T be... If the losties [as Christian tells us] created "this place" how the hell does Ben and others that didn't "create" this place stay?? Widmore, Hawking, Farady, Charolett (sp?), Nadia, Alex and her mom, Rodger Linus, Chang & Miles and Ethan.. Shouldn't "this place" just go bloop when the losties who "CREATED this place" leave?? How do non 815ers get to stay?? It makes no sense...
    The way I understood it, the losties had created the church (with all the religious symbols because they all had a different religion), not the sideways.

And to an above post... I've said a few times here that we guessed the show in the first season, and they threw anything in to throw us off... Then created a contrived fairy tale land and called it the Flash Sideways... UGHH ruined the whole dam show... Try rewatching season 6... It's horrible in retrospect to the show we grew to love for the last 6 years...

The show was nothing more than a nicely wrapped box of socks on xmas morning..
    Why? I mean, why is the show ruined because in the 6th season, the flashes didn't take place in the past, like during the first seasons, or in the immediate future, like in the later seasons? Are "Ashes to Ashes" or "Life on Mars" ruined, now that we know that the characters had been dead all along and were living in the purgatory/afterlife? For me, no. When the characters died, whether on Lost, Life on Mars or Ashes to Ashes, they were given a chance to work out their problems, a last chance to learn about the mistakes they had made when they had been alive, and then to move on when it's done, either to hell, heaven, reincarnation, it's up to you. Personally, I believe that the Losties's voyage isn't over. Their lives on Earth had been the first one, and they are going to be reincarnated. That's why they waited for each other in the church, they were part of the same group souls and they waited for the ones who had been the most important ones in their lives, so that they could move on together. And well, Mother said that the Light was Life, Death and Rebirth. Enough for me.

I'm not religious but honestly, I don't understand that instinctive negative reaction that some have when there's spirituality thrown into a sci-fi show (BSG, which had always heavily relied on religion, by the way) or in a fantastic show like Lost. Is techno-babble better than spirituality? I accept techno-babble in Doctor Who, it's fun but honestly, I'm glad that a show as mysterious as Lost ended up with an ending which is both clear for me and mysterious.

Would you have felt better if you had been told that the island was in fact an alien spaceship which had crashed on Earth 5 billions years ago and had damaged the core of the earth, living the remaining survivors from the crash to create an electromagnetic field to prevent the island from exploding and destroying the Earth? That's something that you could find in EVERY damn sci-fi show, so predictable, I have Star Trek or Sea Quest flashbacks here.

Or would you have felt better if you had been told that the Dharma Initiative had been doing all kind of experiments on the island, with the electro-magnetism, resulting in some people developping powers, in seeing ghosts, or in time travel? Very Island of the Doctor Moreau.

I know, I know, some scream "Jacob's ladder" but let's be honest, is there a single new idea out there? The two examples I mentioned were already used in other tv shows.

You know, the answers given about the light were just the tip of the iceberg and allow room for interpretation. For me, the Light is the gateway to the afterlife (hell, heaven, reincarnation, purgatory, limbo, all kinds of dimensions). But I read a great theory about the Light being in fact Time. And that's what's great about the ending. There are answers but vague enough that we can each come up with our own ending. Did this ruin the show? I think it gave it eternity. The fact that there's not a definite answer but answers that lead to discussions and arguments could very well mean that people will still be discussing Lost in 20 years. Which is better than having a definite and concrete answer, closing door for discussion, leading the fans to leave the fandom or the show because there's nothing left to talk about.
    Last edited by mag; 07-21-2010, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Ah, Lost, the silliest of shows...how I missed discussing your rampant absurdities....especially after your final, most absurd, most shark-jumping season....here we go again. heh

Originally posted by mag
      Huh, no, rewatch Sundown. Sayid said that what he wanted had died in his arms, he didn’t say “Nadia”, or “my wife”.. Shannon had died in his arms. You can think that he was talking about Nadia because she was his more recent deceased love (although, hmmm, Elsa was close to being a very dear one, to Sayid and she was post-Nadia) and because the flash sideways at the same time was about her, but remember, this is Lost, it’s NEVER OBVIOUS. When something is too evident, that’s when you have to say : “ouah, stop there for a minute, what are the writers trying to hide?”
      The details of Lost are fading from me so I'm going to have to take your word on certain specifics, but wasn't there at least one instance where it was strongly implied or explicitly made clear that it was Nadia who he was talking about? Because I never got the impression of anything otherwise... But you could be right. (You'd think at least the possibility of it being Shannon would have dawned on me at least once though...but I dont recall ever thinking that. hmm)

It's revealing that Michael, who has betrayed the group, isn't in the church in the end but a whisper on the island. He failed his test both before the island and on the island. I think he is a whispering ghost because he can't forgive himself what he has done. He isn't being punished by a divine being but by himself. Will he ever be ready to move on? I don't know.
      So because Michael has a "conscience", and is punishing himself, he doesn't get to move on or ever let go. But since all the other many murderers (ie. hypocrites) are fine with their life's actions or have made peace with them, they are rewarded with eternal bliss and paradise (eventually). Sounds fair to me. But seriously, yeah, we can say that Michael wasn't there because he betrayed the group -- BUT didn't he DIE trying to help them/do something right on the boat?? Doesn't that count for anything?? lol Apparently not.

Oh, I must have missed that, between Sayid kissing Shannon as soon as he remembered (no « where’s Nadia ? at that time), or when they were cooing over Aaron before exchanging a tender look above the baby’s head, and before isolating themselves in the church to look into each other’s eyes.
      LOOK CLOSER He's one unhappy camper.

After letting all of it sink in now for a few months... It really made NO sense in the end.. As i speculated above, that Ben stayed behind to unite his ppl CAN'T be... If the losties [as Christian tells us] created "this place" how the hell does Ben and others that didn't "create" this place stay?? Widmore, Hawking, Farady, Charolett (sp?), Nadia, Alex and her mom, Rodger Linus, Chang & Miles and Ethan.. Shouldn't "this place" just go bloop when the losties who "CREATED this place" leave?? How do non 815ers get to stay?? It makes no sense...
      It's no perfect picture of sense and sensibility, that's for sure. Seeing as Jack's son wasn't real, but a figment of Jack's demented imagination ( j/k), I suppose the assumption is that everybody that wasn't a "co-creator" of Purgaverse, wasn't real either, but rather soulless, evil clones (put there by a faceless God, to "tease" no test the losties). (ie. the "real" people were all in heaven or hell or their own pointless Godless purgatory, lol). Speaking more seriously, I think Ben (among others) were also cocreators of Purgaverse, which is why it won't go poof when Cryin' Jack Shepherd and the rest of the If I'm Lyin' I'm Dyin' losties get sucked away into the "white vacuum of forever" (having been "ingested" by some manner of soul-eating, immortal being, one would assume. lol j/k). Basically, Ben (and some others) weren't ready to "let go" yet, which of course is silly seeing as you'd think everyone who was involved with creating it, including the Cruel White Light, who banished Michael from its holy lightness for all time but let Murdering Ben, Murdering John, Murdering Sawyer, Murdering Kate, and a whole bunch of other murderers get off scot free with a chance to cleanse themselves in purgatory, would have made a universe where "everything and everyone would come together" at the same time perfectly, by placing everything and everyone in a perfect position for such a thing to occur. Instead, Ben stays behind like a punk. Even though he also had his "real life flashback". (Which Jack only finally had after he was "ready to let go". But if Ben wasnt ready, why did the flashbacks hit him? Oh I know. Because saying goodbye to John outside the church, etc, was part of his own personal journey/process towards his own eventualy "readiness". Some convenient excuse like that right. bleh)

Originally posted by mag
      Why? I mean, why is the show ruined because in the 6th season, the flashes didn't take place in the past, like during the first seasons, or in the immediate future, like in the later seasons? Are "Ashes to Ashes" or "Life on Mars" ruined, now that we know that the characters had been dead all along and were living in the purgatory/afterlife? For me, no.
      Don't want to put words in his mouth but I think he means that the sideways being purgatory was very cheap on their part, because if they were going to go the purgatory angle, then surely they already had more than enough already in place with the Island itself to do that (what Lost did was basically make a purgatory on top of a purgatory, overkill for the purposes of misdirection/being clever/surprising). Basically we both feel that the Lost makers changed things later on after viewers were already on to their "game". I mean all that drug stuff with Charlie, Sawyer's parent's killer showing up on the island, a million other stuff. Already seemed like purgatory. Then they said that's not what they were doing, but in the end basically did just that (with a cheap sideways alternate-universe-created-by-time-travel-SEEMING mislead).

Originally posted by mag
      Would you have felt better if you had been told that the island was in fact an alien spaceship which had crashed on Earth 5 billions years ago and had damaged the core of the earth, living the remaining survivors from the crash to create an electromagnetic field to prevent the island from exploding and destroying the Earth?
      YES.

Or would you have felt better if you had been told that the Dharma Initiative had been doing all kind of experiments on the island, with the electro-magnetism, resulting in some people developping powers, in seeing ghosts, or in time travel? Very Island of the Doctor Moreau.
      Yes to that too. lol

Which is better than having a definite and concrete answer, closing door for discussion, leading the fans to leave the fandom or the show because there's nothing left to talk about.
      And instead now there's nothing left to talk about EXCEPT how much they royally screwed up Lost. j/k But seriously, I'm not a fan of the Sideways as Deadsville route. As I've said, if they were going to go some sort of afterlife route, they already had one set up in spades from the start. And most certainly there was no need to tack on that magical light/pillar blocking hell/smoke monster/Jacob nonsensical ultimately meaningless stuff. Because of all these ridiculous things, I prefer to believe that nothing on the show was real or actually happened, but was rather all in Jack's dying mind, or was a purgatory for him and him alone, from the start --> http://www.kryptonsite.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=144106 That I can live with. (I mean if it was good enough for Donnie Darko, it's most certainly good enough for Lost-in-Absurdity. heh)
      Last edited by Xanderman; 07-22-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
        Don't want to put words in his mouth but I think he means that the sideways being purgatory was very cheap on their part, because if they were going to go the purgatory angle, then surely they already had more than enough already in place with the Island itself to do that (what Lost did was basically make a purgatory on top of a purgatory, overkill for the purposes of misdirection/being clever/surprising). Basically we both feel that the Lost makers changed things later on after viewers were already on to their "game". I mean all that drug stuff with Charlie, Sawyer's parent's killer showing up on the island, a million other stuff. Already seemed like purgatory. Then they said that's not what they were doing, but in the end basically did just that (with a cheap sideways alternate-universe-created-by-time-travel-SEEMING mislead).
        I am McFly, and i approve this message...

Season 6 was IMO bad, because at the end of the day they spent half if not more time on a world [FS] that NOTHING mattered in, not even time. That took us away from what we wanted more of the island, at least it did for me. But for ppl who loved it god bless ya i cant change ur opinion nor will u mine...

Comment

I mean, at certain lost sites that grade the episodes, and put them from best to worst... They're littered with season 6 eps in the negative column.. Plus after 6 years we get a guest actor to show us that Holy world saving Quiznos oven in the middle of the island, then explain it to two other guest (child) actors [at that point I was waiting for Mary Poppins to fly in via umbrella].. Or the 7 dwarfs to whistle on by.. But i digress..

These eps weren't worthy of the final season.. For reasons [to me] of stalling or TOO much time spent in a fairy tale land FS.. When some of us fans would have preferred more time on the Temple, DI and countless other mysteries.. Food drops, pregnancy issues.. Why and how did MIB/Christian get to the Kuhana to tell Mike "You can go now Michael", by outrigger?? Gotta stop or my head will spin thinking of all this again... And again it's all just an opinion... And what about that outrigger shootout???

"What Kate Does"
          "Recon"
          "The Package"
          "The Last Recruit" (was decent at best)
          "Across The Sea"

Comment

I would have been happy with the show if it wasn't for the "alt".

Complete waste of screen time. I've tried to like it, but to devote so much of season 6 to it?

Zod.
            Last edited by Kneel Before Zod.; 07-26-2010, 06:28 AM.

Comment

The details of Lost are fading from me so I'm going to have to take your word on certain specifics, but wasn't there at least one instance where it was strongly implied or explicitly made clear that it was Nadia who he was talking about?
              No. Sayid said that "the only thing that I wanted died in my arms". Shannon litterally died in his arms (so did Elsa), Nadia died face down on the street with Sayid's arm besides her while he is listening to her final words. I'm not sure but he might have taken her in his arms AFTER she died, though. I'll have to verify that. But technically, Shannon and Elsa died in his arms. Not Nadia.

Originally posted by Kneel Before Zod.
              I would have been happy with the show if it wasn't for the "alt".

Complete waste of screen time. I've tried to like it, but to devote so much of season 6 to it?

Zod.
              For me, the sideways world was THAT important because it was the intermediary place for the Losties, to have a last chance to work out their problems, before they got to be reincarnated. Mother said that the Light was life, death and rebirth. In the end, they are all in the church, they had created this place to find each other before the Light invades the Church. My interpretation is that their journey hadn't ended with their deaths, and the sideways world wasn't just the last stop before heaven. It was more a place to learn, an epilogue of their own lives before starting again.

And that was why it was important.

LOOK CLOSER He's one unhappy camper.
              Considering that Andrews has always been pro-Sayid-Shannon, was more than pissed off when Shannon was killed and has said in an interview that if Sayid could, he would bring back Shannon, I doubt that he played it as being an unhappy camper.

And what about that outrigger shootout???
              Is that important in the grand scheme of things ? And it's possible that there was some stuff which was important to some viewers while it wasn't to the writers. Shrug, I'm used to it. In some shows, I like some background characters and D subplots and I know that I won't get what I want because it's important for me but not for the show or the writers.

Comment

Originally posted by mag
                For me, the sideways world was THAT important because it was the intermediary place for the Losties, to have a last chance to work out their problems, before they got to be reincarnated. Mother said that the Light was life, death and rebirth. In the end, they are all in the church, they had created this place to find each other before the Light invades the Church. My interpretation is that their journey hadn't ended with their deaths, and the sideways world wasn't just the last stop before heaven. It was more a place to learn, an epilogue of their own lives before starting again.

And that was why it was important.

That's the first time I've heard it phrased like that. It actually sounds pretty convincing and quashes some of these questions below. I kind of like it, but I still don't get why the Losties had to be together, surely the people who have lived longer and fuller lives will meet more people in their life time? And the fact that Aaron is still a baby, why hasn't he lived? Didn't Kate live a full life? . And also if it is reincarnation why isn't there an epilogue of previous lives? Why is their an epilogue at all?

These are some of the questions I had on Purgatory (some are stupid I admit):

1. How are peoples vision or lives of purgatory co-existing?
                2. How can you die in purgatory?
                3. Why is Jack in purgatory? He died in peace?
                4. Why is purgatory like real life with Earth?
                5. Why is purgatory set in the 21st century?
                6. If jack died in peace and is still in purgatory then why isn’t everyone that’s ever lived on earth and died, in purgatory?
                7. Why is Bernard and Rose in purgatory? (How are they sinners or attached to Earthy lives)
                8. If purgatory is for people who are in peace (rose, Bernard and Jack) then why aren’t all the people in the world that have ever lived in purgatory?
                9. How does Eloise Hawking know what purgatory is?
                10. Why would purgatory wipe out your memory?
                11. How would meeting old people in purgatory give you your memory back?
                12. Why would people who lived for a long time after most of the Losties such as Hurley and Ben want to “choose” to hook up with, and only with, the Losties which they knew for around 3 or 4 years? Compared to others which they may have know for much longer.
                13. Why would you “let go” with people which you’ve only known for around 3 or 4 years? And not your parents or other loved ones?
                14. Are any of the other people in purgatory real?
                15. How can Jack invent his son?
                16. If one person can invent something then it is possible that what has been invented e.g. a Dinosaur can intervene with what someone else creates
                17. Is there freewill in purgatory?
                18. How is it fair that Ben is given a better life in purgatory and a bad life in real life because conditions leading him to staying on the island in the previous life were in fact determined by other factors?
                19. Why is purgatory just like real life?
                20. Why are people living again from babies to grownups?
                21. How then do people have free will if they can’t die in purgatory?
                22. If people are not being born in purgatory then if their memories are being implanted how can they have freewill?
                23. What is purgatory?
                24. Purgatory is traditionally in-between heaven and hell but why is it exactly like real life?
                25. How can babies be expected to “let go”
                26. How do you let go?
                27. Why would you chose some over others in purgatory, for instance, Sayid choosing Shannon over Nadia
                28. Are all others in purgatory not real?
                29. Why are people like Sayid given immoral lives and people like Ben given relatively moral lives?
                30. Can you die in purgatory?
                31. If so where do you go? Do you go to heaven or hell?
                32. If you can’t die in purgatory do you life there forever?
                33. If purgatory is like real life then how do people let go of their lives? How can all people let go?
                34. The Losties died their bodies rotted away, how were they recreated?
                35. If the Losties were re-created how can they be said to be the same people?

+

36. Also do you mean proper reincarnation? (Like into animals and insects?) That would be weird.
                37. How does Ben avoid reincarnation? Doesn’t that defeat the point of reincarnation? For instance, if you can avoid going into a lower level life what’s the point of reincarnation?

Unless you’re talking about another version of reincarnatiom 36 and 37 won't apply.

Zod.
                Last edited by Kneel Before Zod.; 07-26-2010, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Season 6 was IMO bad, because at the end of the day they spent half if not more time on a world [FS] that NOTHING mattered in, not even time. That took us away from what we wanted more of the island, at least it did for me.
                  I wouldn't call the season bad myself, just the weakest for the series. The first three seasons were Lost at its best for me, then it went gradually downhill from there. 4 being a step down from 3, 5 being a step down from 4, and then finally wrapping things up with the ginormous fart they called Season 6. j/k The ultimate direction they ended up taking the series was far from the best, that's for sure. I would have much preferred a more scientific or sci-fi route, than the mystical/magical/fairytale land ending we got. What a bunch of hippies...

Originally posted by mag
                  I really don't think they're going to "live" again in the sense they did before (in their "real" lives). There was a sense of finality about what each person's "life" was, such as John telling Jack he doesn't have a son. I think the implication was they were moving on to an afterlife like Heaven, and weren't about to be reincarnated to live again on Earth or whatever. They were in a church, next to the door Christian opened were statues of angels, and Christian's name is well, Christian. Seems pretty clear that it's Heaven that awaits them. Although I'm a little unsure why the murderers among them, like John who threw a knife into the back of an unsuspecting woman and in doing so murdered her, aren't burning in Hell right now for their sins. Or why they aren't all 'ghost whisperers' on the island alongside Michael--oh that's right, because Michael has a guilty conscience over killing people to rescue his son, but the rest felt completely justified with their life's actions so they get paradise. Makes sense. heh j/k

Originally posted by mag
                  Considering that Andrews has always been pro-Sayid-Shannon, was more than pissed off when Shannon was killed and has said in an interview that if Sayid could, he would bring back Shannon, I doubt that he played it as being an unhappy camper.
                  That may be, but I'm not talking about how he may have intended to play it, I'm talking about how he did. He truly looked ready to punch God in the face.

Zod I think you mighta scared mag away with the size of your post/37 questions... But seriously some of your questions were already discussed in this thread, if you read through it, and some were answered in the final episode itself....anyway I'll give it a go:

Originally posted by Kneel Before Zod.
                  I still don't get why the Losties had to be together, surely the people who have lived longer and fuller lives will meet more people in their life time?
                  The time spent on the island with these people was for all of them the most important times in their lives, apparently. As absurd as that may sound for those that went on to live full lives, possibly having even married and had children with other people.

And the fact that Aaron is still a baby, why hasn't he lived?
                  Aaron apparently lived a completely uneventful life. His best days were the time he spent as a mindless baby. It was pure downhill from there.

Didn't Kate live a full life?
                  She did, but was apparently pining away for the "great love of her life", Jack, the whole time. Just like Rose from Titanic (played by 'Kate' Winslet) pined away for her own Jack.

And also if it is reincarnation why isn't there an epilogue of previous lives?
                  I don't think there's any reincarnation happening myself. I think everyone gets one life, and this one life is what matters most.

These are some of the questions I had on Purgatory (some are stupid I admit)
                  No no no, your questions aren't stupid. LOST is stupid. Just wanted to make that clear before going on. heh j/k

1. How are peoples vision or lives of purgatory co-existing?
                  They created it together, collectively, with a little help or guidance from a higher being (God) presumably, so they could find each other again. Their souls were basically asleep, waiting to reawaken again when they were all ready to move on.

30. Can you die in purgatory?
                  You can, but it's not a good idea. j/k

2. How can you die in purgatory?
                  Nothing that happens in purgatory "matters" in the grand scheme of things -- it's a universe that exists outside of time.

31. If so where do you go? Do you go to heaven or hell?
                  Presumably nobody actually dies in purgatory, at least not the "real" souls. None of the Losties could be killed, for example, as Desmond showed us (like by running over the murderer John Locke).

32. If you can’t die in purgatory do you life there forever?
                  They can probably stay there for as long as they want, but I guess once a person reaches a point of acceptance with their lives/deaths, they experience an uncontrollable urge to move on to the great beyond.

3. Why is Jack in purgatory? He died in peace?
                  Jack didn't die in peace, Jack died in terrible pain, next to a starving dog who was getting ready to eat his remains. j/k Jack apparently had unresolved issues, such as a buried need to have a son he could treat the way he wished his own father treated him, etc.

4. Why is purgatory like real life with Earth?
                  5. Why is purgatory set in the 21st century?
                  19. Why is purgatory just like real life? <--hey you asked this twice
                  Apparently part of their collective longing or need, was to know or experience what their lives might have been like had they not crashed on that godforsaken island.

6. If jack died in peace and is still in purgatory then why isn’t everyone that’s ever lived on earth and died, in purgatory?
                  8. If purgatory is for people who are in peace (rose, Bernard and Jack) then why aren’t all the people in the world that have ever lived in purgatory?
                  This is their own personal (or rather, "group") purgatory. Everyone else in this fantasy universe are soulless zombies. The implication is that everybody that needs their souls purged/cleansed would get something similar. Even Michael likely got his own purgatory, we just didn't see it. (Unless God hates him of course. )

7. Why is Bernard and Rose in purgatory? (How are they sinners or attached to Earthy lives)
                  They just wanted to move on with the rest, I suppose. This was the primary driving force in the creation of Fantasy Land, I guess. For all these people to reconnect again before moving on to the afterlife/heaven. It's stupid, I know. Oh lord do I ever know...

9. How does Eloise Hawking know what purgatory is?
                  She probably had her own awakening but isn't ready to move on yet. She was trying to keep her own son from remembering or awakening if I remember right. These people need more time, just like that weirdo Ben. lol

10. Why would purgatory wipe out your memory?
                  Connected to their need to experience life minus the island. And to experience self-delusions/fantasies like Jack did where he had a son.

11. How would meeting old people in purgatory give you your memory back?
                  Since the universe was created so they could all find each other and move on together, once they found each other, and they had also come to terms with their lives/deaths etc, there was no further need for their self-imposed soul-naps.

12. Why would people who lived for a long time after most of the Losties such as Hurley and Ben want to “choose” to hook up with, and only with, the Losties which they knew for around 3 or 4 years? Compared to others which they may have know for much longer.
                  Because both Ben and Hurley (especially Hurley) are both complete losers, that's why. But no, seriously, it's all quite flawed indeed.

13. Why would you “let go” with people which you’ve only known for around 3 or 4 years? And not your parents or other loved ones?
                  Because this was for all of them apparently the most important/significant/meaningful time in their lives. So while they love their parents, etc, their parents weren't part of this special time.

14. Are any of the other people in purgatory real?
                  Nope, hollow shells. Jack's son in particular was a meaningless void of nothingness.

15. How can Jack invent his son?
                  If you can believe that Jack and friends can create an entire universe together, or that a magical pillar or stone or whatever that was on an island in the middle of nowhere was blocking the release of Hell on Earth, then you can believe that Jack invented a son. The only question is, where were the Smurfs in all this...let's just hope that that awful Gargamel didn't finally make a delicious stew out of them...

16. If one person can invent something then it is possible that what has been invented e.g. a Dinosaur can intervene with what someone else creates
                  I think it's a compatible melding/merging of their longings/wishes, as guided or made possible by a higher power.

17. Is there freewill in purgatory?
                  There is, but nothing one does with their free will in this place really matters. Their actions in their "lives" is what matters most. Sideways is a place for them to come to terms with those lives.

18. How is it fair that Ben is given a better life in purgatory and a bad life in real life because conditions leading him to staying on the island in the previous life were in fact determined by other factors?
                  How is it fair that Ben gets to change his ways in life after doing so much evil and join the other Losties in purgatory, but Michael is cast out because he died on a boat before he had a chance to fully redeem himself in life? There's nothing fair about any of this b.s. my friend.

25. How can babies be expected to “let go”
                  Babies are very forgiving people. Nah, it's all absurd. Perhaps the babies are just zombie creations of the losties, like Jack's loser son. lol

26. How do you let go?
                  Traditionally, by releasing whatever your hands are holding on to. j/k They let go after having a good cry, like that crybaby Jack did. lol And by accepting the life that each lived for what it was.

27. Why would you chose some over others in purgatory, for instance, Sayid choosing Shannon over Nadia
                  It's always been Sayid's fantasy to have a hot white girlfriend is my best guess. j/k

28. Are all others in purgatory not real?
                  Bingo.

29. Why are people like Sayid given immoral lives and people like Ben given relatively moral lives?
                  Sayid's purgatory was connected to coming to terms with he and Nadia not being right for each other, or whatever. This was accomplished through the particular fantasy life he lived. Ben on the other hand needed to reconnect with the daughter he helped murder. This was most readily accomplished by being a nerdy creepy teacher at her school apparently. It all makes perfect sense when you think about it....

So anyway, I hope I've laid to rest some of your questions and concerns, Zod... But if instead you find yourself now more confused than ever, I won't blame you. j/k But seriously, hopefully my more "serious" answers above were of some help.

And now, for a scene from Superman II (slightly altered, by me):

Little Boy in Texas with a British accent: Please, sir, please let my daddy down!
                  Ursa: He's a General!!!
                  Little Boy in Texas with a British accent: Please, Mr. General, please let my daddy down!
                  Ursa: Call him sir!!!

Last edited by Xanderman; 08-01-2010, 09:17 PM.

Comment

"The End" would have been a great Lost movie.. I just don't feel it was the right end for the series, nor will I sit here and preach on how i think it should have ended. Everyone is entitled to their take/opinion.. Jack taking over, killing MIB, passin the torch to Hurley, then the church... It was like its own separate movie, apart from the show we knew up till "The Incident.."
                    Last edited by McFly; 08-02-2010, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎