Boxes of names

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxes of names

So what do you think?

I thought it was all of the names of the Ring, but why was Orion's name there and Mrs B. Is it the names of "all" the spies?

Hmm... dunno for sure. I think it's probably information on all the agents, organizations, enemies, and everything spy-related that Orion had gathered over the years. I noticed that there were a couple of others, like Cygnus, that are based on constellations... I wonder if that's a connection.

Comment

my impression that some of those codelike names are other groups like the ring. which means that there are more groups out there that need to be stopped. or they're just code names for spies.

Comment

Originally posted by hellnback
        my impression that some of those codelike names are other groups like the ring. which means that there are more groups out there that need to be stopped. or they're just code names for spies.
        Agreed, first we had FULCRUM, then The Ring (which Fulcrum was a part of said the dude in the intersect 2.0 room at the end of season 2). I find it easy to believe that Fulcrum was not the start, and that Orion has been at this at least since he left his kids, if not longer. Fulcrum wasn't the first step in unwravelling the mystery, it was like the 10th or 15th and those boxes were "closed cases" and each represented a step closer to finding Mama B.

BTW the other names were:
        • Identity: Orion
        • Identity: Hydra
        • Corvus: Phase two
        • The Aries Papers
        • (Captured) The Triangulum
        • The Fornax Group
        • Operation: Cygnus
        • Mary Elizabeth Bartowski: Missing

Comment

ok so here's what i think...
          • Identity: Orion ... just a file containing all the info on orion.
          • Identity: Hydra .... who is hydra? someone that worked with orion? another self spy? file might contain all the info on this spy or possible group of spies.
          • Corvus: Phase two ... a project that might have failed once but was started up again. or a spy group that was defeated and has surfaced again? maybe it was a version of the intersect.
          • The Aries Papers ... i can't help but feel these hold valuable info. but on what? a project? a weapon? names of spies? something else?
          • (Captured) The Triangulum ... probably another group like the ring that has been defeated, that's why it says "captured".
          • The Fornax Group .... another ring like group
          • Operation: Cygnus .... a weapon? a spy? another version of the intersect?
          • Mary Elizabeth Bartowski: Missing ..... we know where this one is heading.....right into the next season.

Comment

For what it's worth, here is what Wiki has to say about the various codenames, as it may give us some insight into the characters or organisations behind those names:
            • Orion - The Hunter from Greek mythology (in fact he appeared in Homer's The Oddysey. Weren't you in that story too Helen?
            • Hydra - Another figure from Greek mythos, this time a 9 headed monster who was killed by Hercules (also a female character, weren't those Greeks nice to their women? No wonder they invented lesbianism)
            • Corvus - This could mean the genus of the Crow and Raven family of birds, or it could refer to a Roman who apparently began as a farmer and lived to be 100, during which time he had just about every important job in Rome, including Dictator (like Caeser) not once but twice. This guy having more exciting things happen to him and because of him than Forrest Gump could be the meaning behind the "Phase 2" bit.
            • Aries - Ares (spelt differently) was the Greek God of War, and given how hit and miss spelling is when translating ancient names and the other Greek connections I find this acceptable.
            • The Triangulum - This is a constellation. I could not find any other reference.
            • Fornax Group - Fornax is another constellation.
            • Cygnus - Cygnus was the son of Ares and is also the genus for Swans.

I didn't realise until I started to look them all up, but every single one of the above names is given to a constellation of stars. So despite how much I would love to assume that Cygnus operation was a result of the Aries papers (given that Cycnus was the son of Ares) I think we will have to assume that Papa B was a fan of astronomy and gave all the names based on this.

I was hoping to be able to support a theory that he gave himself the name Orion because he was hunting (or searching) for his wife - Hydra. Who he gave the name of a 9 headed monster because she had betrayed him, or was a double/triple agent, switching sides.

Comment

^ Interesting!

I don't know that the writers intended us to look into it so deeply. I imagine a bunch of people sitting around a table throwing out names they thought sounded cool. But maybe.

Comment

Yeah, I realized that they were all constellations, too, but I'm not sure what the significance is, or if Orion is the one who gave them those names in the first place... Still, I really liked this scene, because it set up so many possibilities and directions the plot could go in as Season 4 gets closer...

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎