No announcement yet.

The Ajira 6

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ajira 6

So throughout season 4 and part of season 5 we had the Oceanic 6 which we all know consisted of: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Sun, and Aaron.

So now, at the end of the series...as the plane flies over Jack and his eyes close, we now have the same amount of survivors, but on a different plane. Now coming home on Ajira flight 316 we have the new Ajira 6: Kate(only 1 to be in both sets), Sawyer, Claire, Miles, Frank, and Richard.

It's pretty cool how it pretty much came full circle, but I never would've come up with those 6 to be the ones to fly off the island.

Ya... I never would have guessed those to be the ones flying away.

I had Kate, Sawyer and Claire in my mind... and I used to think Sun and Jin and Hurley were going to get away... but ya. This was an odd bunch.

Comment

I wouldn't have guessed Sawyer to ever make it off the island. With almost every other Lost character having died on the Island, I almost wanted Claire to be the only original one to make it out alive to return to Aaron. I kind of thought they all belonged on the Island.

Comment

Kate, Sawyer, Claire, Frank and Richard makes sense, but Miles doesn't. I never really pictured him as a main-type of character, or remotely important. I suppose Miles was this version of Hurley, as he communicates with the dead as well.

Richard made a lot of sense because it was time for him to start living.

Frank because, well, the pilot had to live and fly them away, lol.

Kate and Claire will most likely come to be great friends and take care of Aaron and possibly both look after Sun and Jin's child.

Sawyer, during the last two seasons, seemed like he deserved to be out of the island, and after jumping off the helicopter, finally got that chance.

Also, the three main men in 'Lost' were Jack, Sawyer and Hurley, imo. Jack died, Hurley protects the island and Sawyer left the island. All three had a great ending to their character.

Comment

I agree that Miles was an odd choice. Half way through the finale I'm thinking, why is this guy still here? It seems he lived by flying under the radar. He was too insignificant for smokey or anyone else to deal with.

Comment

^ Ya, I also figured that he would get killed off for that reason though. What was the point in keeping him alive?

Comment

I have to say that I wasn't a very big fan of the Ajira 6 storyline. I just didn't see the point of it. For starters, it seemed like a way for the writers to throw 6 people that they didn't know what to do with on a plane and ship them out without coming up with any kind of conclusion. It's almost as if the writers decided to give up on their endings because of the sideways. Secondly, were these characters really going to find happiness in the real world? Let's leave Miles, Frank and Richard out of this, since they aren't really main characters since the beginning of the series and they didn't appear in the church at the end. Kate just lost Jack and I think it was pretty clear that he was the one for her. So her whole mission was to reunite Claire with Aaron and after that, I just don't see anything left for her in the real world. Maybe she dies at that point. I guess Claire raising Aaron would bring her happiness, but she doesn't have Charlie and the island did screw her up pretty badly, so it's unclear whether or not she would have ended up back to normal. Then there's Sawyer, who IMO, really got shafted. He lost Juliet on the island and I really have no idea what he would do off the island after all of this. Maybe try to find Clementine and be a part of her life? If only the writers actually cared enough to reveal that to us in the episode. I think that I would like to believe that the Ajira plane blew up after Jack died and all of the characters were sent to the sideways after that. It just seems like their lives would be too depressing in the real world. Even when I look at Desmond, would he really want to return to Penny in the island timeline after experiencing the sideways? I'd say that the chances of him committing suicide are greater than him leaving the island.

Comment

Some people just got sick of the island . . . others didn't.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎