No announcement yet.

What will happen to Tyler?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Karza
    Honestly, I hate him. He acts like he's 14 or something and he has no idea what's going on around him. If that were my son I'd smack him upside the head so hard that his skull splits open. And I can do exactly that- I've been practicing.
    You aren't alone so much word to all of this!

How will he take it if he finds out that not only his mom but his reptilian romantic interest are both 5C? Will he even find out at all? Will Erica allow Lisa and the 5C to use him in their cause? Will she send her own unwitting son into the field herself?
    I think he has to find out eventually. Otherwise he'll probably wind up on a V anti-5C strike team unwittingly hunting down his own mother. Not a good turn for the relationships in his life. Some time ago I read an interview where Logan Huffman compared Ty to Luke freakin Skywalker!! That almost killed me, like how is this greasy punk going to morph into a hero like a Jedi? I say keep an open mind, but they've got a LOOOONG way to go before I'm convinced he has potential

Will we see a story contrasting Anna and the way she involves Lisa in her machinations as opposed to how Erica hides the truth from her son to protect him?
    Both are the same crappy parenting IMO

And speaking of truth, who's his real father? Is he also an alien? It's sort of cornball and gimmicky writing, but I'm sure that has something to do with what makes him so important for Anna's plans.
    Since Anna is surely well aware of what his value is, does that mean she has a secret history with Erica that only she knows about? The V's set up this invasion years in advance, perhaps they hid within Tyler the key to eliminating their weaknesses

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
      Both are the same crappy parenting IMO
      LMFAO!!!
      Just wait til you're a parent!

I think that during the decades (possibly much longer) that they've been here the Vs have been infusing the human populace with genetic material to make us compatible with them somehow. So, Ty's father's exact identity may not even be important (meaning you don't have to pay yet another actor for a recurring character role).

Comment

Anna seems very racist when it comes to interbreeding, i just don't see her having anything to do with crossbreeding, she called the unborn baby a mongrel. If Tyler is a hybrid or crossbreed and she is aware of it why go through such extremes to get the baby when they can study a full grown specimen. Didn't Ryan say that they were all told that the two species can't procreate which is why his baby is special. having tyler be some synthesis of the two makes Ryan, Val and their baby obsolete and pisses on Vals death. Maybe Tyler is just tastier to Vs and that is why she is so interesting him, she wants the secret sauce that makes him seem so delicious. I could see her having genetic experiments done on humans to make them hardier stock like we do with our livestock. What I think Anna sees in Tyler is his youth acts a blinder to keep him from questioning the Vs motives, he could be a poster boy to get other angst ridden teens to rebel against their parents and join up. One thing about this show bothers me, Tyler forged his mothers sig so he could join, why didn't his FBI mother not just tell the Vs he is underage and that she did not give him premission to join, surely that would have kept him off the ships. Anna would not have risked letting him continue to come around at the risk of causing some kind of bad press for her people which she is strictly against. Yeah but I agree Tyler is a douche. Lisa is fully aware of whatever Anna has planned for him and even with all her new emotions she is still failed to even hint something was up when she was alone with Erica, Anna is very cunning and Lisa having emotions may be part of some elaborate hoax by both of them, because empathy (which is what Anna does not want the most) is far from what Lisa showed when she 'laughed" at her mothers pain.

Comment

Lisa is fully aware of whatever Anna has planned for him
          I dont think shes 'fully' aware. Remember the scene where Lisa asked Anna, "And then what?" referring to what would become of Tyler once he had served his purpose? Anna simply turned away and didnt answer.

Lisa for sure knows that Anna has something planned for him (and humans in general), and that it certainly isnt good - but I dont think its fair to say shes 100% aware of it and the extent.

Comment

^ I agree, She also was un-aware of what the soldiers would do until she asked Joshua. So I think that Anna keeps Lisa out of the loop with certain things because she trust her daughter to an extent.
            Last edited by Super_Kara_2007; 05-25-2010, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrian
              I dont think shes 'fully' aware. Remember the scene where Lisa asked Anna, "And then what?" referring to what would become of Tyler once he had served his purpose? Anna simply turned away and didnt answer.

Lisa for sure knows that Anna has something planned for him (and humans in general), and that it certainly isnt good - but I dont think its fair to say shes 100% aware of it and the extent.
              This would suggest she knows what his purpose is and that she is concerned about what will happen to him when he has served it, and whether she knows or not (i think she knows full well which is why she broke up with him) she knows her mother and whatever it is, it's not good. She is her daughter and if they are being modeled after a hive she is the future Queen and would be one of her confidants and is being tutored in Queendom, they came there to invade there would be no reason for Anna to hold anything back from Lisa as she didn't know about the girls empathy until they got to Earth. Lisa was personally assigned to him and was all to happy to comply before her emotions developed. Remember Lisa,not Anna, is responsible for a lot if not all the tension in Tylers family and she was happy to do it, until she felt what humans call guilt after she did it.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Super_Kara_2007
              ^ I agree, She also was un-aware of what the soldiers would do until she asked Joshua. So I think that Anna keeps Lisa out of the loop with certain things because she trust her daughter to an extent.
              I find it hard to believe she doesn't know why soldiers are being created, that seemed to more of a confirmation of something she already knows it's different for her now because she feels for the humans and it's like she is finally admitting to herself that her mother is wrong. what V doesn't know what the soldiers are bred for? Ryan has been awol for years and he knew right away. the V are under the rule of a Queendom, i doubt the princess is as naive and kept in the dark as one in a Kingdom would be.
              Last edited by LordDark; 05-25-2010, 07:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think Tyler will join up with the Visitors and do some terrible stuff in their name, but he's eventually going to have an epithany and redeem himself. What I would find interesting would be for the writers to kill him off later in the series. Maybe even very shortly before Erica and Anna have their big and final confrontation in the series finale. It would make for some very good character motivation on Erica's end.

Plus, we’ve seen 4 visitors/human relationships on the show, one has to work out and Tyler/Lisa is the most likely.
                IMO, if we're ever going to see a visitor/human relationship work out, it's gonna be the one where the human party knows they're getting it on with a lizard in disguise by the time they have sex together for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow08
                  I think Tyler will join up with the Visitors and do some terrible stuff in their name, but he's eventually going to have an epithany and redeem himself. What I would find interesting would be for the writers to kill him off later in the series. Maybe even very shortly before Erica and Anna have their big and final confrontation in the series finale.
                  Well, I'll tell you this much right now. Logan Huffman? is that his name? He sort of already grew out of his "cute teenage boy" looks pretty quickly. If he wants a career he's gonna have to step it up and do something with that caricature he's been saddled down with. "Oh, the Vs are so cool. Oh, Lisa is so hot!" That's pretty much the scope of this character so far. As far as the story goes, he's pretty much the equivalent of the damsel in distress.

Honestly, getting killed might be the best thing for him. Every actor wants a really good death scene. And if it's well-written it might just help his career.

In the original series I seem to recall a young guy joining with the Vs and later getting killed. So, that's probably Tyler's fate anyway. But maybe he'll become an even more popular character with his death. Anybody remember Laura Palmer?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎