No announcement yet.

Queen Lisa

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen Lisa

As soon as Lisa decided to join the resistance there was an interesting exchange between her and Marcus. Marcus called her "My Queen".

So if I'm getting my bug science right, isn't it that when a new Queen bug is born, she will leave and a small number of bugs will follow her to a new hive/nest, where they will start a new colony???

So when Lisa joined the resistance did that make her a Queen of all the resistance fighting V's?? And as queen would she be able to send those mental messages out to all her followers like Anna does - or are they unable to get those sorts of communications now that they are more 'human'?

Also. I loved Lisa's smirk at the end when Anna was freaking out. To me that was the best scene of the episode.

The biggest surprise for that scene for me was he said "My queen" instead of kissing her. It very much looked like they were going to kiss.

Comment

I don't read much into it : all the 5th Column members of the ship were skinned or about to be skinned, Joshua was heading to a suicidal mission and certainly knew about it. She showed him respect by acknowledging his courage, so was he by placing her as the queen (kicking out Anna one presumed last time).

No other V's know about Lisa's final choice and Joshua was the only 5C she knew. I don't see how the others 5th Column can see her as a queen: they don't share a collective mind, Samuel didn't trust her to begin with. Not to forget one of the 5th Column politic points is the end of the Bliss: they rejected Anna's, they won't fall to Lisa's cause she seems nicer.

The Bliss looks like a chemical/pheromonal/telepathic activity: Anna touched Ryan, she's naked in a special room to amplificated the effect on all the Visitors. As far as I can see, Anna don't chose who to send the Bliss or not unless specific contact (Ryan), so neither can Lisa. Furthermore, we don't know if Lisa already possess this ability: does it come with age, when she start birthing, does it work only with your children ? Because a random guy (sorry Joshua) see her as a queen ?

Comment

Originally posted by closetclana
        As soon as Lisa decided to join the resistance there was an interesting exchange between her and Marcus. Marcus called her "My Queen".

So if I'm getting my bug science right, isn't it that when a new Queen bug is born, she will leave and a small number of bugs will follow her to a new hive/nest, where they will start a new colony???

So when Lisa joined the resistance did that make her a Queen of all the resistance fighting V's?? And as queen would she be able to send those mental messages out to all her followers like Anna does - or are they unable to get those sorts of communications now that they are more 'human'?

Also. I loved Lisa's smirk at the end when Anna was freaking out. To me that was the best scene of the episode.
        It was Joshua that called her "My Queen."

Comment

^ I thought I was reading that wrong.

Comment

I have been wondering how does there hierarchy work? Anna is queen is it like a bug situation? Did she give birth to all the V's or just those soldiers? What makes Lisa special?

Comment

Originally posted by MsNJS
              I have been wondering how does there hierarchy work? Anna is queen is it like a bug situation? Did she give birth to all the V's or just those soldiers? What makes Lisa special?
              I have been wondering the same thing. Morena Baccarin gave an interview [V Series Behind The Scenes Interview], and someone asked if Anna was a mother of many or just one. Her answer made me assume that she wasn't too sure herself as she said:

"I'm just going to leave it at Anna is the mother of her people. You will definitely see in upcoming episodes that there is more to Anna's family then just Lisa, but maybe they are not all her children."

So whatever that could possibly mean, I don't know. Maybe Anna choose Lisa to be her daughter/successor to be Queen, or Lisa's birth or whatever was different from, let's say the soldiers or other V's. Who knows.

Comment

Yeah they really need to do some explaining. As I have said the main thing that pissed me off about V was the very slow pace for no reason. There was no depth developed just slow. We don;t know more in ep 13 than ep 2

Comment

I disagree with the above post. The last few episodes have a great pace. Things are happening, characters are being put in precarious situations, motives are being revealed and some allegiences being challenged or evolving.

The characters (especially Lisa, Marcus, Joshua) now have developed great depth. We certainly know more in Episode 12 than Episode 2. Perhaps you're referring to the middle of the series more, but I find those comments not accurate for the last part of the series.

I certainly DONT want to know everything yet. The pace of the reveals in general I feel is appropriate for this first season, I don't see it as slow. I dont want Anna to give a speech that answers all questions and reveals every secret we're wondering about every aspect of the V's and their motives. That's unnecessary.

We're getting tidbits, we're getting glimpses, slowly we're getting a better idea. I certainly have a much clearer notion now of what "I think" the visitors are up to, It would be quite anti-climatic to just have an explanation-of-everything given to us in one episode.

That would ruin the peel-the-layers-back elements of surprise. If you honestly think we don't know anymore after watching the finale than after the second episode, I dont think you've been paying very careful attention to the myriad of subtle hints being thrown the audiences way, many of which are left to the audience to interpret and piece-together. As an example...

Anna is queen is it like a bug situation
                  Did you notice the design on the exterior walls of Annas private executive chambers, where Erica/Anna/Tyler/Lisa meet before dining?

They are very symbolic, and it's not an accident the set designers made them look the way they do.

It you re-watch the scene where Erica and Anna meet - look at the walls in the background. You'll notice immediately that they look like.... honeycombs in a beehive.

What do Bee's, V's and Anna have in common? Why did the set designers make the Queen V's chamber walls look like a Beehive? The astute viewer will notice things like this, and can to answer questions like "Is it a bug situation?" without needing a direct explanation. The hints are definetely there though.

It's those very subtle hints which I really like about V. Just like how Chad Decker's name, comes from Deck - as in a Deck of cards. He's playing cards with his allegience.

There's another great thread on these forums about reptile/snake symbolism. It's fun to find the clues.
                  Last edited by Tyrian; 05-22-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

So... the Vs are insectoids and not reptilian?

Comment

You missed the point. The point is that often sets are used to create imagery which the astute viewer is left to interpret. The visitors arent bees, but they certainly do have similar qualities to some insects (in terms of Queen B in this case). You could also interpret the same panels as scales, as someone else poined out.

Comment

But you also can't discount the possibility that the honeycomb shape is nothing more than an aesthetic preference on the part of the set designer for its "futuristic" appearance. It may be nothing more than the best way the artist could conceive of to say, "This is the queen's quarters".

I like this show just fine, but so far I don't see anyone putting into it the kind of thought you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by lemoncrumble
                          I don't read much into it : all the 5th Column members of the ship were skinned or about to be skinned, Joshua was heading to a suicidal mission and certainly knew about it. She showed him respect by acknowledging his courage, so was he by placing her as the queen (kicking out Anna one presumed last time).
                          Hmmm Well didn't Anna say she wanted to study the 5C to get inside info on the enemy and find out how to convert them back? It seems there are very important (to Anna) Vs that are 5C. Also, to me that little gesture Lisa made to Joshua (touching his chin) looked sort of like the beginnings of her own bliss. Not sure though, it was really interesting to note.

No other V's know about Lisa's final choice and Joshua was the only 5C she knew. I don't see how the others 5th Column can see her as a queen: they don't share a collective mind, Samuel didn't trust her to begin with. Not to forget one of the 5th Column politic points is the end of the Bliss: they rejected Anna's, they won't fall to Lisa's cause she seems nicer.
                          I don't think they need to fall for Lisa's Bliss at all. I think what's happening is, as with any normal political disrupt in history, the people are looking for a newer, more accommodating leader. Anna is this emotionless (or seemingly) queen that follows an animalistic/Amoral set of principles in a time when many Vs are adopting morals which would make Lisa a better candidate as leader. What sealed the deal was when she asserted herself into the 5C's plan and helped make everything work. It showed just how powerful she is, in fact, I think that whole night could not have happened without her help.

The Bliss looks like a chemical/pheromonal/telepathic activity: Anna touched Ryan, she's naked in a special room to amplificated the effect on all the Visitors. As far as I can see, Anna don't chose who to send the Bliss or not unless specific contact (Ryan), so neither can Lisa. Furthermore, we don't know if Lisa already possess this ability: does it come with age, when she start birthing, does it work only with your children ? Because a random guy (sorry Joshua) see her as a queen ?
                          I agree 100%. Either that or some sort of wave effect that has to do with sound. I mean, she typically walks into a pool of water and speaks into that chamber which makes her voice seem to resonate especially since water tends to amplify sound effects. It's really interesting to note how honey bees, and other colonizing bees and animals, tend to recognize their queens because of pheromones. Who's to say they don't feel pleasure at the pheromone of their queen?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Karza
                            So... the Vs are insectoids and not reptilian?
                            I think part of the issue is that we are comparing the V behavior to what we understand to be insect-like or reptilian-like. In the series, the V are from another planet, and not being from earth, there is no reason why reptiles couldn't behave like insects. With all of the comparisons such as "why are these lizards acting like insects.....," when is the last time any of us ran across a talking reptile or insect??? Point is, we're comparing the V to what we know......being from another planet, there is no telling how they developed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrian
                              I disagree with the above post. The last few episodes have a great pace. Things are happening, characters are being put in precarious situations, motives are being revealed and some allegiences being challenged or evolving.

The characters (especially Lisa, Marcus, Joshua) now have developed great depth. We certainly know more in Episode 12 than Episode 2. Perhaps you're referring to the middle of the series more, but I find those comments not accurate for the last part of the series.

I certainly DONT want to know everything yet. The pace of the reveals in general I feel is appropriate for this first season, I don't see it as slow. I dont want Anna to give a speech that answers all questions and reveals every secret we're wondering about every aspect of the V's and their motives. That's unnecessary.

We're getting tidbits, we're getting glimpses, slowly we're getting a better idea. I certainly have a much clearer notion now of what "I think" the visitors are up to, It would be quite anti-climatic to just have an explanation-of-everything given to us in one episode.

That would ruin the peel-the-layers-back elements of surprise. If you honestly think we don't know anymore after watching the finale than after the second episode, I dont think you've been paying very careful attention to the myriad of subtle hints being thrown the audiences way, many of which are left to the audience to interpret and piece-together. As an example...

Did you notice the design on the exterior walls of Annas private executive chambers, where Erica/Anna/Tyler/Lisa meet before dining?

They are very symbolic, and it's not an accident the set designers made them look the way they do.

It you re-watch the scene where Erica and Anna meet - look at the walls in the background. You'll notice immediately that they look like.... honeycombs in a beehive.

What do Bee's, V's and Anna have in common? Why did the set designers make the Queen V's chamber walls look like a Beehive? The astute viewer will notice things like this, and can to answer questions like "Is it a bug situation?" without needing a direct explanation. The hints are definetely there though.

It's those very subtle hints which I really like about V. Just like how Chad Decker's name, comes from Deck - as in a Deck of cards. He's playing cards with his allegience.

There's another great thread on these forums about reptile/snake symbolism. It's fun to find the clues.
                              I have been paying attention. Can you honestly say that they have fully progressed the story? We don;t have to know everything but we don;t know much having reach the end of the season. Not more than we were told with previews and initially speculated.

The heirarchy of Anna being the queen, the other Vs lacking a personality and simply following the leader, the set design, the fact that Anna birthed the soildiers, etc. all have an insect/bee like connection. However they are, I am guessing since we haven;t seen one, reptilian.

Also as I asked, they haven;t explained and niether have you: What makes Lisa special? Why is she singled out as the daughter and the heir? Did Anna give birth to all of the V's like a Queen B does? They are hinting at insect like qualities, which is so very cliched when it comes to aliens, however they are reptilian. Reptiles generally don;t colonize, so it is confusing.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎