No announcement yet.

The Red Sky

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Red Sky

Was it a warning, signal or is something in the clouds itself that can cause harm to humans.

Originally posted by SUPERMAN NORTH
    Was it a warning, signal or is something in the clouds itself that can cause harm to humans.
    I'm thinking the Red Sky is what the V's have on their home planet. I think the red sky was a sign to the humans that the V's are no longer Visitors, but now full-pledged residents, planning on taking over Earth.

Comment

i had a strange "red weed" vibe from it like from war of the worlds like its gonna change the landscape

Comment

Yeah, I thought about this too. What ever it is it's definitely a punishment. But it could be a double edged sword on Anna. Marcus did warn her not to do it. Perhaps it will destroy farming and cause famine. that would turn humans against her for sure.

anyway...

Comment

I now know why the skies were turned Red to hide the cloaked V ships all over the planet Earth here is the proof. Looks like more than 29 ships. Here is a screen grab I took.

Last edited by SUPERMAN NORTH; 05-19-2010, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Superman North, they have already hidden their ship from the human radars by pirating them (see precedent episode), they don't need a reed sky to hide them.

My hypothesis:
            - remember that their plans was to use medical centers and media as ways to gain human trust and hooked them with R6.
            - They experiment on human and they may have not yet found out what they were looking for.
            - Anna gave humanity blue energy to have them even more dependent and to turn it off when she'll decide. Obviously, humans haven't changed all their centrals for it yet.
            - Remember again that the soldier she lost weren't part of the initial plan and were for destroying the 5th Column.
            I think the red sky was supposed to occur when the soft part of the plan was over: human hooked, experiments done.
            By using it now, it appears at least to me that Anna doesn't want to 'sweet talk' humans anymore and wants to get rid of them using raw and restless power.
            I suppose Red Sky is a biological weapon, as in the original series, but humans are the target this time.
            Last edited by lemoncrumble; 05-19-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Or to herald the new wave of ships that are entering Earths atmosphere Those ships would cause havoc like in ID4 creating a major fire storm

Comment

Whatever it is, it's freakin' creepy

Comment

I think the red sky is just to take away Clark's powers.

No... wait...

Wrong show.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren_17
                    I'm thinking the Red Sky is what the V's have on their home planet. I think the red sky was a sign to the humans that the V's are no longer Visitors, but now full-pledged residents, planning on taking over Earth.
                    Speaking of home planets...The Visitors haven't stated the name of their
                    homeworld in this version of V. I'm wondering if it's still Sirius? I'm
                    actually surprised Chad hasn't asked Anna on national television?
                    You'd think he'd realize that the people of Earth would like to know
                    that much about their Visitors?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Karza
                      I think the red sky is just to take away Clark's powers.

No... wait...

Wrong show.

LOL.

Red Sky doesn't take away Clark's power though. It's the red sun. Which is good, because Super girl can help out :P

Comment

I'm leaning towards the idea of a lizard version of 'terra-forming' the planet.
                        Maybe those who aren't wearing human suits (if there are any) need a friendlier environment.
                        I wonder if all the ships contain any 'Scaleys', or if they are all 'Skins'.

Comment

Originally posted by Glove
                          Speaking of home planets...The Visitors haven't stated the name of their
                          homeworld in this version of V. I'm wondering if it's still Sirius? I'm
                          actually surprised Chad hasn't asked Anna on national television?
                          You'd think he'd realize that the people of Earth would like to know
                          that much about their Visitors?
                          That's one example of several things that puzzle me. There is no reason the show should have omitted questions like this. Because you know if that ever actually happened, most people would immediately want to know where they came from.
                          One other thing that bothered me is when Hobbes axed that soldier in the chest and it didn't die, the FIRST thing I woulda done once they got in the van to get away, if I was Hobbes, is to make Ryan tell me how to kill V soldiers. If he didn't know I'd be gettin on the horn to Joshua; since he's their medical officer I'm sure he would know exactly how.
                          It just doesn't add up that the soldier withstood that ax attack, yet earlier Erica (a human female) made rather quick work of both her former partner, and the V from the warehouse that came to her house to kill her (both male Vs).

Comment

I'm sure it has already been theorized in countless other topics and threads, but I think the red sky 'project' that was supposed to be implemented at some point in the future (though accelerated by Anna's vengeance due to her new-found 'human emotion') will be a catastrophic environmental event that will cause the blocking of the sun's rays (much like it is theorized with a massive asteroid collision). Of course, we all know that plants cannot photosynthesize if such an event occurred, which would cause worldwide economic collapse and famine.

Out of fear for survival, the humans will collectively look to the V's and their advanced technology for answers and help. Anna will use her publicity wheel to explain that some sort of gas in the earth's atmosphere has become lethal due to man-made pollution on our planet, and is not easily reversable... She will explain that they have discovered the solution to the problem (which will no doubt involve blue energy), but it will not be easy. She only has 29 ships and limited resources. She will ask world leaders for their 'permission' to send for reinforcements from her own planet to help save Earth from disaster. Of course, we as the audience know here armada of ships is already here, cloaked, and at bay.

The result: A mothership for every large and mid-sized city on the planet to gain more control over humans. Whatever the Live Aboard program is doing, I feel that it it has to do with extraction of human emotion to turn them into mindless drones controlled by the V's (in much the same way as she controls her own kind with 'The Bliss'), while they slowly begin to repopulate our planet as the dominant species.

Comment

Originally posted by la Resistance
                              One other thing that bothered me is when Hobbes axed that soldier in the chest and it didn't die, the FIRST thing I woulda done once they got in the van to get away, if I was Hobbes, is to make Ryan tell me how to kill V soldiers. If he didn't know I'd be gettin on the horn to Joshua; since he's their medical officer I'm sure he would know exactly how.
                              It just doesn't add up that the soldier withstood that ax attack, yet earlier Erica (a human female) made rather quick work of both her former partner, and the V from the warehouse that came to her house to kill her (both male Vs).
                              I think those were worker V's and that's why they were possible to kill. The soldier V's seem to have a slightly different genetical make up, which gives them super strength and makes them invulnerable.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎