No announcement yet.

Season 9 Top Ten Episodes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 9 Top Ten Episodes

Well, since I made one of these threads for all the other seasons, and since this particular forum is still rockin' after the finale, I thought it'd be as good a time as any to break out the "Season 9 Top Ten" thread! Pick which ten episodes this season that you liked best! Feel free to either just post a list, or you can get more detailed and tell WHY you chose each one if you want. I can't wait to hear which episodes you choose!

*slaps forehead* Sorry, Rania -- I didn't see that you already made one of this thread! Thanks for getting it up and running! I'll post my choices soon.
    Last edited by SGuthrie27; 05-19-2010, 06:47 PM.

Comment

1) Pandora
      2) Salvation
      3) Checkmate
      4) Crossfire
      5) Metallo
      6) Absolute Justice
      7) Idol
      8) Savior
      9) Charade
      10) Rapid

Comment

If you think about it. There were so many good things about this season it is hard to pack.
        1. Solvation (best finale episode since commencement in season four)
        2. Hostage (felt like old smallville with Martha and Perry)
        3. Sacrifice.
        4. Idol (great Lois Lane episode)
        5. Echo (mainly for Lois and Clark stuff, and because jor-el is a bad as)
        6. Crossfire (for the simple fact of clois first kiss)
        7. Absolute justice together (Dr. fate and Martian Man Hunter, that is all that needs to be said)
        8. Checkmate (we actually see Martian Man Hunter use more of his powers which was awesome)
        9. Pandora (the episode was good all around).
        10.Savior (started the classic Superman persona/relationship with Lois and jor-el is a bad as)

Comment

Let's try this out...

1. Sacrifice
          2. Checkmate
          3. Warrior
          4. Society (AJ 1st part)
          5. Pandora
          6. Escape
          7. Kandor
          8. Salvation
          9. Persuasion
          10. Idol

Worst episodes for me...

1. Charade
          2. Echo
          3. Rabid
          4. Savior
          5. Hostage
          Last edited by Chlarkfan_phantom; 05-20-2010, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Here are my Top Ten Episodes of Season 9!!!

1) Salvation - I LOVE this season finale -- better than the last three that came before it in my mind, and second only to Commencement (well, Vessel ranks pretty high up there, too, for a certain Chlarky moment I'm more than a bit fond of). The showdown between Clark and Zod, the way Clark is just so... Superman-like during the entire episode... the touching Chlark moments, the cool cliffhangers, and even the Chlollie stuff... It was just plain awesome!

2) Crossfire - This episode had a little bit of everything, I thought. All the relationship pieces were extremely well done. The conversations between Chloe and Clark, both during their time at the Daily Planet and later, felt like we were watching a previous season where things were so much happier between them! The Clois parts were actually pretty cute. I liked the introduction of Mia "Speedy" Dearden. The TV show elements were awesome! I just LOVED this episode, which is odd, since it's so Cloisy, and everybody knows I'm not a Cloiser.

3) Hostage - This is very much a sentimental favorite for me. It was wonderful to see both Perry and Martha back on the show -- the whole episode had such a feeling of nostalgia! Chloe and Clark's rift was finally, 100%, completely mended, which was great to see, and Chloe finally came clean about everything she'd been untruthful about. The Red Queen part was surprising, but a neat conclusion to that storyline and the search for the Book of Rao.

4) Absolute Justice, Pt. 1 (Society) - I LOVED the old school Chlark scoobying moments of this episode, and the Justice Society members were oh-so cool! Stargirl was amazingly cool! Dr. Fate, if possible, was even MORE awesome! It was a great mystery of an episode, and set up things beautifully for the remainder of the season!

5) Checkmate - The action sequences in this episode, though many people have a problem with them for being too "Matrix-like," were rockin', in my humble opinion, especially the slow-mo lights-on-and-off Chloe-saving sequence! Martian Manhunter had some great moments, too! Amanda Waller is a great villainess, too. The climax and resolution of the episode made it that much sweeter.

6) Metallo - The introduction of Smallville's version of this classic Superman villain blew me away! There isn't much else I can say about it other than that it was a stellar episode! Chlark's conversation in Watchtower was cool, and it returned Clark to the Daily Planet for his double-life as a reporter and the Blur.

7) Absolute Justice Pt. 2 (Legends) - I really enjoyed the second part, too. The battle parts were great, and Tess and Lois finally got in on the action, although I wished Chloe had some more moments to shine, and I was sad that Dr. Fate died. Still, Martian Manhunter regaining his powers was spectacular!

8) Savior - This episode was a cool season premiere, but my feelings were slightly tainted by the fact that I was still ticked off at Clark for abandoning Chloe directly after Jimmy's death. But Lois' return from the future, her visions of said future, the enigmatic Alia, and the introduction of Zod, Faora, and the other Kandorians, were all very cool elements.

9) Kandor - There were some amazing flashbacks in this episode, and Julian Sands played an excellent Jor-El. I was sad to see him get killed off so quickly, but I understood why they did it. It was just one more tragic step on Clark's journey, and it was great that Chloe got to spend time with Jor-El and tell her all about his son.

10) Pandora - Most of the future vision parts were really cool to see, though I didn't like watching Chloe get killed off by Alia like that... Still, it was a good episode that built things up well for the remainder of the season, and spun things off in a different direction than what was shown in the original future.

Comment

It was very hard to choose it was in my view an excellent season,so i agree with most of the choices the other posters have said.Lets hope season 10 tops it big time!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Salvation
                Idol
                Crossfire
                Rabid
                Charade
                Echo
                Absolute Justice
                Metallo
                Pandora
                Savior

Comment

You can't eat just one and I could not stop at 10.
                  So here are the episodes I loved the most in S9:
                  1. Salvation
                  2. Crossfire
                  3. Idol
                  4. Rabid
                  5. Pandora
                  6. Savior
                  7. Metallo
                  8. Disciple
                  9. Escape
                  10. Conspiracy
                  11. Persuasion
                  12. Kandor
                  13. Charade

The reason Charade is so far down the list is that I just don't buy Lois's reason why the Blur shouldn't reveal his identity to her. If nobody knows that she knows the Blur's identity then she would not be a target.
                  Chloe is not a target b/c she knows Clark's identity let alone his entire secret.

Comment

My 10 Favorites are:

1) Savior, Metallo, Charade, Salvation, Rabid, Idol, Crossfire, Hostage, Persuasion, and Checkmate.

Warrior: I loved Clark/Blur saving Chloe (that was the best part of the story);

Upgrade: I missed the first half hour of it, and saw the last half hour of it. That's why I didn't pick this one. I'll just have to wait until I buy the Dvd Season 9 in September.

Escape: I didn't get to use my Closed-Caption, so I didn't enjoy it much. I didn't even get to tape this episode, either.

Roulette: The only part I enjoyed about this episode was the Clark/Blur and Oliver/Green Arrow part where they were standing on top of the Daily Planet rooftop.

Pandora: I hated the whole story line (Salvation was better). The only best part of this episode was the Lois & Clark kiss.

Comment

1) Savior

2) Salvation

3) Absolute Justice

4) Metallo

5) Kandor

6) Roulette

7) Rabid

8) Upgrade

9) Pandora

10) Hostage

Comment

idk if i can even come up with my top 10

My favorites:

1. Kandor
                        2. Conspiracy
                        3. Pandora
                        4. Salvation
                        5. Checkmate (kinda on the favorites/just OK border)

The ones i thought were just "Ok"

1. Hostage
                        2. Sacrifice
                        3. Upgrade
                        4. Absolute Justice
                        5. Savior (though i really don't remember it)
                        6. Charade
                        7. Disciple
                        8. Crossfire
                        9. Roulette
                        10. Echo
                        11. Metallo

The ones I thought were just like "WTH??????"

1. Escape
                        2. Rabid (zombies?? REALLY???)
                        3. Persuasion
                        4. Warrior
                        5. Idol

there. there's my 2 cents worth

~K

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

The good:

Salvation
                        Sacrifice
                        Conspiracy
                        Pandora
                        Kandor

The in-between "just ok and good":
                        Hostage
                        Checkmate

The "just ok":

Absolute Justice
                        Disciple
                        Persuasion
                        Echo
                        Roulette
                        Metallo
                        Upgrade

The scary/bad/what the crap:

Rabid
                        Warrior
                        Persuasion
                        Idol
                        Escape

~H
                        Last edited by disciples of zod; 06-26-2010, 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

1. Absolute Justice
                          2. Salvation
                          3. Idol
                          4. Checkmate
                          5. Conspiracy
                          6. Crossfire
                          7. Disciple

Some I still have not been able to see like Rabid, Warrior, Metallo, Savior, Echo, Escape and Kandor but I heard the premise for those episodes and chose not to watch but honestly some I had a bad feeling about and watched and still hated like Hostage and Upgrade were terrible so I trust my jusdgement. Others were just meh.

Comment

1)Salvation
                            2)Absolute Justice
                            3)Checkmate
                            4)Hostage
                            5)Kandor
                            6)Savior
                            7)Idol
                            8)Crossfire
                            9)Escape
                            10)Roulette

Comment

Okay here's my list:

Salvation
                              Idol
                              Rabid
                              Pandora
                              Crossfire
                              Metallo
                              2nd. part of A.J.
                              Charade
                              Sacrifice
                              Kandor

Comment

Originally posted by disciples of zod
                                2. Rabid (zombies?? REALLY???)
                                Bwahahahaha!!!!! I'm SO glad to know I wasn't the only one who was thinking that when this episode aired!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎