No announcement yet.

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mars Investigations
    Chuck was just trying to protect his dad. And to be honest, there was probably some lingering resentment mixed in as well - hence the "You taught us how to live our lives without you, this is me doing it" line.
    I’m not sure it was to protect him. I think it was to not disappoint him.
    The problem they have is that they are so rooted in the lies so they can’t see things clearly. If Chuck would see things clearly he would realize that no one knows the Intersect better than Orion and he might be the only one able to help him. Instead he kept on lying like it was a protocol. The old Chuck would have thought outside the box if you understand what I mean.
    When Sarah told Chuck to keep Ellie in the dark in the Pilot she was just following protocol. That’s the way to handle an asset but what neither she nor Casey realize is that this situation is unique. They never handled these kind of things over such long period so they are blind folded and don’t realize what is coming.
    What nearly everyone on the show is about to learn is that, while ignorance may be bliss, it doesn't protect people in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by PNy
      I’m not sure it was to protect him. I think it was to not disappoint him.
      The problem they have is that they are so rooted in the lies so they can’t see things clearly. If Chuck would see things clearly he would realize that no one knows the Intersect better than Orion and he might be the only one able to help him. Instead he kept on lying like it was a protocol. The old Chuck would have thought outside the box if you understand what I mean.
      When Sarah told Chuck to keep Ellie in the dark in the Pilot she was just following protocol. That’s the way to handle an asset but what neither she nor Casey realize is that this situation is unique. They never handled these kind of things over such long period so they are blind folded and don’t realize what is coming.
      What nearly everyone on the show is about to learn is that, while ignorance may be bliss, it doesn't protect people in the long run.
      i can agree to this....
      this is what i think got Ellie into the ring mix. when people are right next to you and you are part of a Black Ops team well things will get kinda crazy because you dont know when to tell the truth or when to tell a lie to protect them or if lying to them or telling the truth will protect them. but with Papa B there shouldnt have been such things. i mean Chuck has to know that his own Pops that created the intersect will eventually be smart enough to figure out that Chuck is still the intersect and workin with the CIA and NSA.

I just hope in the end that this will not be a " you either die a Hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. "
      Last edited by Kal_El=Clark; 05-21-2010, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎