Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barn Loft scene with Clark and Lois

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that scene looked a lot like Hydro. I believe that is the ep where Clark finds out about the engagement an baby.
    I also can't believe Lois was going through Clark's stuff, didn't Lana do that at one time?

Comment

Originally posted by -Nora-
      Don't agree with this. The motives are completely different. Lana demanded to know Clark's secret because she felt it was her god given right to know. Lois has gone out of her way to show she accepts Clark's secret. She didn't mind the mystery, especially since she'd kept secrets of her own. But things are different now. Clark's secret is jeopardizing their relationship and Clark knows that just as much as she does. He WANTED to tell her, but didn't because he thought he'd never see her again. Lois doesn't demand honesty because she feels she deserves to be in on his secret, she's simply afraid of it wrecking their relationship.

I totally agree with this.

The loft scene is just establishment about what is so different between Lana from Lois.

This is something we've been seeing all season to compare both relationships in regards to CK behaviors & the women involved.

It did reminisce Lana but with very noticeable differences.

The pain between Lois & Clark was felt to be a lot deeper b/c you can see it in Lois eyes she just wants CK to open to her & she didn’t force the issue, she let go.

You can see just how much CK was in deep pain & had to take a second maintain himself to lie to her, b/c you can see just how much he wants to confess & not let her go.

These two love each other a lot more then their counterparts.

Lois wasn’t brokenhearted she said she was shattered
      Clark wasn’t depressed & mopping instead he loses his way & a large vital part of his soul

Nothing like Clana, and at this point who care about Lana b/c it’s very clear to with is words to Lois he’s complete closed this chapter in his life & had no intention in going back to the torture of Lana love when he can live the glory of Lois love

Comment

Originally posted by galatians221
        My wife makes me mute the TV. If I don't she starts screaming "SOOMMEBODDY SAAAAAAVVVEEE MEEEE" which definitely takes me out of the mood.
        That's great. I'm going to start doing that during scenes I hate. LOL!

Comment

since lana is yesterdays news i think all future references to her should have her name spelled backwards.
          lmao!

Comment

Clark gave Lois what had to be some of the worst mix signals I have ever seen.

as to the "Clananess" of it...

we all have to deal with the fact that the word secret has forever been tainted by this show. However Lois only looked through his stuff after someone who she had good reason to believe was her hero told her he was evil. And as far as I can tell she wasn't breaking locks or anything... oh well it's Lois like anyway... she sticks her nose into things when she has reasons too. Also willing to pass up a promotion is a big deal and she asked for Clark to tell her whatever was coming between them... hell she didn't emotionally black-mail him and tell him if you love me you'll tell me or anything like that... heck she didn't even say that if he didn't tell her she was going to run away to Africa... she said an open relationship would be enough of a reason for her to stay. And then he told her to leave and there was no "I don't know how I could have ever cared about you!" or anything... heck and she only asked for the come out of the closet thing after "The Blur" told her he was bad and Charade had given her reason to believe he might not a fan of The Blur's... with the stuff she found well... I'd want a little bit of an explanation too...

Comment

Lois was not wrong for asking clark to come clean with her. They are in a relationship that is now kinda turned sideways. She wants ALL of him, and she wants the secrets gone because it was bringing down there relationship. Clana feel or not (IMO not) she had the right to ask him to tell her the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by tbird4u
                They are in a relationship that is now kinda turned sideways.
                Well at that time, they were broken up.

Comment

Originally posted by tbird4u
                  Lois was not wrong for asking clark to come clean with her. They are in a relationship that is now kinda turned sideways. She wants ALL of him, and she wants the secrets gone because it was bringing down there relationship. Clana feel or not (IMO not) she had the right to ask him to tell her the truth.
                  I'm sorry but this as well as 50% of the other posts is the same thing that Lana wanted, honesty because it was getting in the way of their relationship and friendship.
                  Now as for Lois snooping through his stuff I do not know how anyone could defend that. Lois has known Clark for 5yrs and she should know immediately that he is not evil or has not one sinister bone in his body.

Comment

If that didn't bring back horrible memories of Clana in the barn with Lana telling CK no more secrets and Clark professing undying love and then telling her to hit the road. Makes me sick. Nothing good ever happens in the barn. Lois walking down the steps just the same as Lana. Some things never change.
                    I didn't see it that way.
                    Don't get me wrong from S5 to S7, I seconded your motto of Burn down the Barn.
                    I was so tired of Clark sitting in the barn while everyone elso moved on with their lives.
                    Chloe was interning at the DP, Lois was an reporter for the Inquisiter, Lex was turning totally evil, Martha was a senator and even Lana had started Isis.
                    While Clark in his own words to MM, sat on the farm trying to hold on to a life that no longer existed.

But this loft scene with Lois was completely different from the Clana loft scenes and did a lot to erase those horrible memories.

This was Superman/Clark who was about to sacrifice his life to save the world by going away with the Kandorians trying to tell Lois how he felt about her, trying to say good bye and trying to hurt her as little as possible. Clark had just told Ollie that telling Lois he was the Blur now and then saying he has going away forever would just hurt her more for no reason.

He did not know what the Zod/Blur had told Lois about him or that she had just found the journal. Lois thought that she had just found proof that Clark was bad. She could not believe it so she asked Clark to tell her the truth about everything.

Clark was telling her how he felt about her when she interrupted him telling him that she had a job offer and was leaving Metropolis.
                    But she also said that even thought her career was very important to her, she would give it up for him. But she needed there to be total honesty between them and inside she needed to know that Clark was not doing wrong.

Both TW and ED acted their buns off but kudoos to Tom. He showed such emotions with his eyes and face when Lois said she had a job offer.
                    He was hurt that she was leaving but realized that this was a way to say goodbye without having to hurt her with the truth.
                    So he lied but could not help himself from saying "I will always be watching over you" something that he know he had told her as the Blur.

And Lois did react to the words. Something clicked inside her but not enough to keep her from taking the BoR to Zod.

And one last note, Clark could not help himself from Kissing Lois one last time even though he had to know that she would reconized him as the Blur from his touch.
                    Last edited by supercatmom; 05-17-2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I thought about that to but Clark actually looked sad after it unlike the Clana scene

Comment

Lana never crossed my mind at all. I was wrapped up in how what Lois and Clark were saying was related to all the other conversations they've had, and what saying these words meant to them. It goes much deeper as the triangle demands.

Comment

Originally posted by kristintaps
                          Lana never crossed my mind at all. I was wrapped up in how what Lois and Clark were saying was related to all the other conversations they've had, and what saying these words meant to them. It goes much deeper as the triangle demands.
                          Agree. Never once thought about Lana. She's irrelevant to the show and story now, so could care less. I don't even get the comparison anyway because hypothetically, any relationship Clark gets into with anyone is going to tread on the secret at some point, blah blah blah... so in a sense, I guess anyone he dated can be compared to Lana. That's a little silly to me.

I thought the scene was handled very well in fact.

But oh well, I will just agree to disagree.

Comment

The scene reminded me of when Clark kidnapped Lana in Crimson and Lana says, how many times I have stood in this loft waiting......
                            Clark isn't exactly forthcoming with Lois anymore than with Lana. That alone makes a Clois loft scene similar to a Clana scene. The BIGGEST similarity is that both women left knowing that ONCE again Clark has not been open or honest even after declaring it. Lucky for Lana that kryptonite is keeping her from having to deal with his crap. I should hope that in five years and the fact that Lois shares everything with him, including the color of her underwear, that he could be forthcoming with someone he wants to share his life with.Hhis little memory trip into the future and knowing that Lois is such a huge part of his life should allow him to grow a pair and man-up with some honesty.
                            As for Clana, run Lana run, I see torches yet again over the trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly by guy
                              The scene reminded me of when Clark kidnapped Lana in Crimson and Lana says, how many times I have stood in this loft waiting......
                              Clark isn't exactly forthcoming with Lois anymore than with Lana. That alone makes a Clois loft scene similar to a Clana scene. The BIGGEST similarity is that both women left knowing that ONCE again Clark has not been open or honest even after declaring it. Lucky for Lana that kryptonite is keeping her from having to deal with his crap. I should hope that in five years and the fact that Lois shares everything with him, including the color of her underwear, that he could be forthcoming with someone he wants to share his life with.Hhis little memory trip into the future and knowing that Lois is such a huge part of his life should allow him to grow a pair and man-up with some honesty.
                              As for Clana, run Lana run, I see torches yet again over the trees.
                              I just hope Clark tells Lois soon so she doesn't have to be knocked unconscious every episode. How many concussions can one head take? She'd be banned from playing hockey by now.

Comment

Originally posted by kristintaps
                                The whole thing made no sense. Lois would surely find out from Chloe that Clark will never return and why. Clark wanting to spare Lois the truth was ridiculous IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎