Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olson you better be getting this

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark now should be 24 years old since his birthday is in May and he was 14 going on 15 when the show started. The age is a non issue though because TPTB are selective at what parts of the mythos they want to adhere to. So that being the case, I'm going to dismiss comments that AA's Jimmy was too old to be Jimmy. Lucy Lane should have been revealed as Henry Lucy Lane & killed off too since Lucy & Jimmy date in the comics. Unless they want to make the Lucy in Smallville a cougar.

Comment

Was he 30 generally as Superman, starting around then, or is it different in different incarnations?

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
      Clark now should be 24 years old since his birthday is in May and he was 14 going on 15 when the show started. The age is a non issue though because TPTB are selective at what parts of the mythos they want to adhere to. So that being the case, I'm going to dismiss comments that AA's Jimmy was too old to be Jimmy. Lucy Lane should have been revealed as Henry Lucy Lane & killed off too since Lucy & Jimmy date in the comics. Unless they want to make the Lucy in Smallville a cougar.
      Yes please! We need more cougars on this show. I mean, it would go with the whole "CW soap opera teen drama" feel that the show tries to adhere to sometimes. Plus, I love the whole idea of an older woman seducing a young intern. We need more of that
      Last edited by La Donna; 05-15-2010, 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

He's generally the same age throughout the golden, silver and modern ages from everything I have & read over the years. I'd say mid 30's. Jimmy is younger than him, like his 20's. But given how they didn't follow so many aspects of the mythos, I never saw that as a problem.

Comment

And thanks for all of you that have a deep knowledge of the comics/mythos. It helps a lot of us out that simply don't have all the facts on the different incarnations of this story. It's also interesting, so thanks for sharing it with us!

Comment

"Sageeth (who was explained & proven as Lex in Talisman, explained as being Clark in Quest & explained as being Davis/Doomsday in Eternal). Even Kandor showed Jor-El being the creator of the stones & orb which contradicted the stones having been on Earth in the 1600s back in season 4 and the orb being buried in the Luthor fireplace since at least World War II when the clock holding the orb's key & its cryptograph were commissioned."

I mentioned this in another thread. I assumed the stoned and orb were sent to earth using time travel. Jor-El held onto the orb long enough to modify it, making it open only if Doomsday was stopped. This would have to be the case since Doomsday wasn't even a thought back when the orb was made. Everyone thinks Lex is dead, so they believe he wasn't the real Sageeth. We all know Lex is alive and he is Sageeth.

Comment

Nice shout out. I laughed, I loved the reference, I thought it was very cool and a very nice little tribute.

Maybe I should have done the math and ruined it for myself. Stupid me.

Comment

There are issues that show him as Superboy though. Back when he was in college dating Lori Lemaris, a girl who was actually a mermaid. They showed him working as a cook while going to college, which he finished in 2 years since he accelerated his studies. Then he went working at the Daily Planet, but before doing so, they showed him as a student of journalism in college, something Smallville failed to do.

I keep saying what a waste it was for them not featuring Clark in college during those wasted seasons. Seasons 5-8 could have been the college years where in seasons 7 & 8 Clark & Lois start interning at the Daily Planet (or they could have put each one at a seperate paper). Seasons 5 & 6 could have had the 2 writing articles for the Central Kansas newspaper had both of them gone there. It would have been wisest for them to delay Lois' introduction to season 5 & make her one of Clark's colleagues/classmates at Central Kansas while getting rid of Lana and giving her role to Lois. They could have still done the Brainiac storyline in season 5, but gotten rid of Lana's role in it, especially the soap opera Lexana parts.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by stovers
                "Sageeth (who was explained & proven as Lex in Talisman, explained as being Clark in Quest & explained as being Davis/Doomsday in Eternal). Even Kandor showed Jor-El being the creator of the stones & orb which contradicted the stones having been on Earth in the 1600s back in season 4 and the orb being buried in the Luthor fireplace since at least World War II when the clock holding the orb's key & its cryptograph were commissioned."

I mentioned this in another thread. I assumed the stoned and orb were sent to earth using time travel. Jor-El held onto the orb long enough to modify it, making it open only if Doomsday was stopped. This would have to be the case since Doomsday wasn't even a thought back when the orb was made. Everyone thinks Lex is dead, so they believe he wasn't the real Sageeth. We all know Lex is alive and he is Sageeth.
                I know, but my point is the writing is horribly bad if time travel has to justify how the stones ended up in the 1600s. No comprehendible logic would suggest sending them at that time period. Why would Jor-El do it? The orb itself had multiple purposes, which didn't make sense either. In Season 7 it was supposed to control the Traveler. In season 8 it was supposed to release the Kandorians. I just give up trying to explain these things. The writers obviously didn't care to think about these things when they added that scene with Jor-El making the stones that served no purpose other than being a retcon.
                Last edited by xrayvision; 05-15-2010, 01:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Wish I was an overpowered Jor-el that could time travel you back in time xray to pitch that to them !

*Yes I just brought up overpowered Jor-el*

A lot of the bull**** is 1-7 though with magical stones and ****, they are just paying the price of being under the same name now, they hardly refer back to that stuff though EVER.
                  Last edited by CerberuX; 05-15-2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                    I thought the intern was Jeff lol. I thought Jimmy was just in the background somewhere we couldn't see.
                    So did I

Comment

What you people thought we actually thought we SAW the real Jimmy? If so I've been taking this thread the wrong way. We totally did not if thats whats going on here O_O

Comment

Yeah that was Jeff.

Comment

College, Schmallege. That's the idea behind Smallville. College is the last thing on their minds as we've seen. I'll always regret that they didn't hint more or show us Clark's fast learning, or that college was something the main characters needed to do. I can't remember all the references, but Chloe was living in a dorm and taking night classes right? And Clark had at least one class at college right? Isn't that where he met Brainiac? Lois got booted out of college for drinking or something, I believe. Did they show her at classes? I thought I remembered when Clark was going to visit the college program at the college, we got a scene of Lois in her pajamas on campus, and that it's the college Lois went to. There may be more, I just don't remember it.

I just feel that since so many things are relegated to offscreenville, why not use it to their advantage and reference them going to school offscreen. I mean, they did it for night classes with Chloe, right? It doesn't seem like it would have been too hard to suggest they were continuing their education even if it wasn't happening on screen most of the time. But then, College is pretty important to me, so maybe it's not a big deal to others. I loved Lois and Clark:TNAOS history where Lois was in the top of her class the entire time, and Clark had College experience, previous journalism experience writing for a Kansas paper, and world traveling experience. I thought that just helped things make sense for the characters. Lois always looked at Clark as though many things were too sophisticated for him, and yet he'd surprise her over and over. She always assumed he was just a farmboy who didn't know how the city worked, and yet he'd pop in with the exact right thing to say or do, and it was awesome to see Lois's shock, surprise, and admiration for him in those moments. While that tone does carry across to Smallville sometimes, I don't think it's as frequent or done as well as Lois and Clark:TNAOS did it.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by CerberuX
                          What you people thought we actually thought we SAW the real Jimmy? If so I've been taking this thread the wrong way. We totally did not if thats whats going on here O_O
                          Yes, I'm pretty sure everyone here has known that the intern shown was Jeff, and that we never got a glimpse of Olsen. We were merely talking about how the last time we saw "Jimmy" he was 10-12 years old, and in 2013 he's an intern at the DP, and whether or not that would make sense with the story.
                          Last edited by La Donna; 05-15-2010, 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by La Donna
                            Yes, I'm pretty sure everyone here as known that the intern shown was Jeff, and that we never got a glimpse of Olsen. We were merely talking about how the last time we saw "Jimmy" he was 10-12 years old, and in 2013 he's an intern at the DP, and whether or not that would make sense with the story.
                            I'm on the same page then good

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                              He's generally the same age throughout the golden, silver and modern ages from everything I have & read over the years. I'd say mid 30's. Jimmy is younger than him, like his 20's. But given how they didn't follow so many aspects of the mythos, I never saw that as a problem.
                              There was a time when DC's official position was that Superman was "eternally 29". Currently he's in the mid 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                                There was a time when DC's official position was that Superman was "eternally 29". Currently he's in the mid 30's.
                                So currently how old is Jimmy and Lois?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎