Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olson you better be getting this

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't like it either. For me AA was SV's true Jimmy. Having that kid show up would be a painful reminder of what they did to AA's Jimmy.

Maybe you guys can believe that the fake one will join DP some years later.

Comment

• Originally posted by actaeon
      It was a nice little shout-out.

I don't want every little kink in the timeline explained. I don't want the producers nixing every fun little bit the writers come up with on the grounds that it doesn't quite fit. This was a cute little call-out to classic Jimmy Olsen, and I thought it was a hoot.

I'm not going to over-analyze a bit that took up less than 3 seconds of dialogue time.

I'm not going to cudgel my brains over how the newsroom knew that the out-of-control biplane was "headed straight for the Daily Planet". I don't need them to explain that the rudder was stuck, or that the engine quit, or that the pilot had had a stroke because he ate too many bacon cheeseburgers.

I'm not going to worry over why Lois was wearing glasses. Is she nearsighted? Are they reading glasses? How many diopters are the lenses? When did she first discover she needed them? Are they covered under the DP's eye care insurance? I really don't want these burning questions addressed.

I don't care that the Supes logo reflected in Clark's eye was not reversed, mirror image, as it "ought" to have been.

I regard all this as trivial, and not worth notice. Anyone who wants to worry about this stuff, and have it ruin the show for them, please feel free. Me, I'll sit back and watch a fun fantasy TV show about a guy named Clark Kent from the planet Krypton.

Great post...and I liked the gag about the pilot eating too many cheeseburgers or if Lois glases are covered by DP's insurance! lol

I take the same relaxed view towards SV ...its a well done sci fi/fantasy TV show that I happen to enjoy watching...and I dont sweat the small stuff...long as I dont see something that strikes me... as being too far fetched or cheezy...Im fine!

The only time I was ever upset or gobsmacked ...about something that happened on SV..was when they killed AA's Jimmy O..and tried to explain his death away ... with the idiotic excuse...that he wasnt the REAL Jimmy Olsen....then trotted out that thing.....about AA being too close in age to TW......that to me...was insulting...and a slap in the face.. to AA & to all the people who enjoyed AA's portrayal of Jimmy.

lol Jimmy's been gone over a year now..and Im still po'd about it!!

Anyhoo...Im the type...that doesnt need or even want...evert single plot point...spelt out to me...I like trying to figure things out myself....and coming on here...and reading peoples comments..to see if they jive with mine..or have a totally differant viewpoint.

I just assume..the writers have a pretty good idea..where there going...and my job as a viewer is to sit back & watch the show.

If I dont get or completely understand something thats going on in the show.....thats my problem....but I dont worry about it......I just hope they throw in some cool Clois stuff in most of the episodes....and Im happy.

As for that awesome opening of Salvation...I wouldnt bet my life or even Shelby's life on it....but I dont think it was a dream..it was a vision of Clark's future...was it put there...by Jor'el or Dr Fate ...maybe ..maybe not....I have no clue......I just thought....it was really cool & and a lot of fun to watch...whatever the heck it was.
      Last edited by Big O; 06-01-2010, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exedore
        I wouldn't like it either. For me AA was SV's true Jimmy. Having that kid show up would be a painful reminder of what they did to AA's Jimmy.

Maybe you guys can believe that the fake one will join DP some years later.
        Would you be ok with it if it was AA playing new Jimmy? They could always try to make him look real young and say hes the spitting image of his brother. He could maybe pass for a teenager, Tom did.

Comment

• I loved the shout out and it needed to be there in my opinion!!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I cannot wait to see if they will indeed show us Jimmy at the end of the series...
          Last edited by hhhandsteph; 06-01-2010, 02:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• They already showed us Jimmy.

Comment

• Originally posted by amberdawn
              They already showed us Jimmy.
              Ditto. I miss him.

Comment

• Couldn't agree more, I miss Aaron Ashmore's Jimmy Olsen.

Comment

• Originally posted by hhhandsteph
                  I loved the shout out and it needed to be there in my opinion!!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I cannot wait to see if they will indeed show us Jimmy at the end of the series...

It was a very nice touch to throw in Jimmys name....and Im a guessing..this being the final season..at somepoint...we will probably see Jimmy Olson joining the DP.

If they do that.... then...we might see Jimmy interacting often with CK & Lois...depending of course....on fans reactions...and how we take to the new & improved Jimmy O!

Id love to see Jimmy tagging along with CK & Lois as they cover a story...but..if they do decide to re-introduce Jimmy Olsen's character back into the show ...I know lll have mixed feelings about the character.....cos ..Ill always be comparing the NEW Jimmy..to AA's Jimmy...and since I enjoyed AA's Jimmy.

Im afraid..I would see the NEW Jimmy...as second rate and a phony..at best...and at worst... just a constant reminder..at how much I miss AA's Jimmy...and that Im watching a TV show....where the writers...can change a well liked characters name & history on the show.....just like that.

I just hope if.. they do bring back Jimmy...hes not some 15 year old snot nosed kid....and Justin Beiber.... look a like!

Comment

• Yeah, I wouldn't like it either. Aaron Ashmore was SV's true Jimmy. I really miss him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dyanara
                      I thought he was 10 in Doomsday? So they hired a 14yr old might been a freshman.
                      They never gave his age in "Doomsday". IMDB lists Ryan Harder as the actor in "Doomsday". However, IMDB has no date of birth for him (of course, because they had a 24-year-old Tom Welling play a 14-year-old Clark Kent, we can't base anything on the age of the actor). If he works at the Daily Planet in 2013, then he's probably around 18 (making him about 14 in "Doomsday").

Comment

• Of course, future material heavily ignored this vision of the future.

Lois and Clark are still working in the basement. Yet, Lois was promoted upstairs in "Booster" (2011), with Clark following her in "Continuity" (2012).

The Metropolis skyline shows LuthorCorp (identified as such) and Watchtower. LuthorCorp was renamed "LexCorp", after Lex's return in 2011. Watchtower was destroyed in 2012, as seen in "Continuity".

Jeff Hage is still an intern, who runs errands for Lois. However, season 11 shows him having become a reporter by 2011.

Lois wears a wedding ring. Yet, "Finale, Part 2" shows them not having gotten married yet in 2018.

In "Finale, Part 2", the dialogue implies that Jimmy Olsen's recently started working at the Daily Planet in 2018.

Flashes of the future should probably be taken with a grain... a massive grain of salt. After all, in "Homecoming", Lois mentions Clark keeping things on the farm in 2017. Five minutes later, the show did a plotline where they decided to sell it (with no scene of them changing their minds).
                        Last edited by jon-el87; 08-12-2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• I like that Lois calls him "Olsen", rather than "Jimmy", in both this episode and in the finale. In fact, the only time that he's identified as "Jimmy Olsen" is in a byline in "Homecoming" (something made by the props department, not the writers; Heck, in "Salvation" Lois reads a newspaper with an article about the recent deaths of Jason Teague and his mom... in 2013). So, apart from the byline in "Homecoming" (which could be a goof by the props department; like how they called Kara "Supergirl" in the wanted poster in "Icarus", when she was the "Maiden of Might"), there is no proof that (despite him being named James Bartholomew Olsen) that this character goes by "Jimmy Olsen". His middle name's "Bartholomew", maybe he goes by "Bart Olsen" (just like how his older brother went by his middle name).

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎