This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bizarro345
    Loved the effects:
    *The Kandorian flying was all real nice(though they can't slip that Bizarro fortress flight by me lol, I'll forgive them)
    *The Book of Rao sucking everyone away was great looking and the lighting added a real nice look to the showdown with Clark and Zod.
    *Clark punching Zod and saving Lois in the streets in slo-mo also stood out.
    *The Kandorians trashing the planet was also real nice.
    Agree with all of this

Comment

Very good overall. This season set the bar hiigher in terms of effects quality.

Comment

Best use of VFXs? The fact they digitally added an "n" to "Swann" after our complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by LordOnox

They did a great job on Tess' face too.
          It's funny to because its Jell-O based. Shows what they can do with such a small budget :P

Comment

the effects were good...

just a little nit pick. in the scene where clark opens the gift from his mom, and we focus on his eye. shouldn't the reflection of the \S/ logo be reversed? (or maybe this was a gift from Bizarro...lol)

Comment

Originally posted by jym-el
              the effects were good...

just a little nit pick. in the scene where clark opens the gift from his mom, and we focus on his eye. shouldn't the reflection of the \S/ logo be reversed? (or maybe this was a gift from Bizarro...lol)
              I agree with your comment about the "S". It should have been mirrored.

After reading many of the comments about this Episode, what surprised me the most is that you are the 1st person to even mention the suit. Isn't the "Suit" what we have all been waiting 9 years to see and when they finally show it (sort of), no one notices it.

After waiting all 9 Seasons, all I could say when I saw it was "Finally" and I'm glad it was Martha that sent it to him; though, I would have prefered to see an episode that explains if she made it (like in the original comics, and how) or if she was saving it from his old ship.

Comment

Yeah I noticed the eye thing with the promo, but I just figured its best to show the yellow + red \S/ for the first time the right way round.. Plus there are some "not so bright" people in the world who probably wouldn't have got it if it was the correct mirror reflection!

Either that or a little "whoopsie" ! Better yet show the actual suit! Though I must admit seeing it in his eye, like we actually see him see his destiny.. see this beautiful iconic suit was a nice touch!

I was majorly disappointed last episode that Martha didn't infact mention making the suit or Clark didn't ask her I thought it was PERFECT timing, alas she didn't... So to see this put the biggest smile on my face, I actually cracked the right side of my mouth during the Superman/Suit scene, it hurts!
                Last edited by CerberuX; 05-15-2010, 05:32 AM.

Comment

I loved most of the effect really well done....but the only thing that i thought was over done was the slo-mo fight seen...especially with the sounds.... they've been doing slo-mo through out the whole season...i think it's their new effect.

Comment

I swear, if they had just mirrored the S backwards in Clark's eye, it would have made even a more ICONIC moment, because we would be seeing a concept of Superman's "S" in special way, not in a perfect way, but in a glimpse.

Remember, back when Clark used the S crystal? They tried not to get a shot focused on the "S" so they would cut it out on film. If you remember the camera rotating around Clark aiming the crystal at Baren (Bow Wow) in "Fallout" and you see the S in an unclear way because there is the beam coming out, and just as it was about to turn off and as soon as we would get a clear view of the S, the shot cuts away to Clark's face.

I think it made this show more iconic when they wouldn't focus on the art of the "S."

Comment

I loved most of the effect really well done....but the only thing that i thought was over done was the slo-mo fight seen...especially with the sounds.... they've been doing slo-mo through out the whole season...i think it's their new effect.
                      I can see where you are coming from, but I have to say I disagree. I think they are using the slow-mo in a great way to demonstrate not only a great effect, but the power and magnitude of the fight. If it's cost effective for them, I think it's great. It's better than seeing a single punch thrown and then the fights over.

I think another reason it was maybe around a lot this season is they were maybe trying to perfect it before the finale? I noticed in one of the episodes with Tess fighting they used it quite a bit. Might of been a fine tune, and I think they did a great job.

Comment

That plane save over the Daily Planet was may favorite effect - I was literally up on my feet cheering when I saw the red and blue blur rush by through the sky! And now, having seen screencaps of that particular scene, I think they nailed it - I mean, it took a frame-by-frame viewing to reveal that they HAD put the full detailed suit in - there was absolutely no doubt that we just saw Superman.

Comment

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT EFFING PUNCH FOR A LOOOONNNGGG TIME!!! haha

Comment

THAT PUNCH WAS EPIC!. I WAS LIKE CLARK DOESN'T EVEN NEED SUPER STRENGTH WHEN HE CAN PUNCH LIKE THAT and they did do a **** load of slo-mo i admit. Tho it was at good bits so didnt bother me so much. Oh and everyone if u get the frame by frame get a good look under the plane you see superman under there

And they did some real nice fight scenes using alot of specialeffects. THATS ALL THE FANS WANT!!

Comment

Effects in the rain always seem to be good from the fight in Salvation to that one in the early seasons (2 i think) where Clark ran after a small child called Emily, where the rain drops seemed to stop as both ran at superspeed in a slow motion type of shot.

Comment

Anyone notice this? XD Lil cosmetic mistake

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎