Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Salvation?"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freakin' Epic! I would've never thought in a million years that the Clark Kent from the other seasons would ever turn into the Clark Kent we saw in S9!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by PrincessKent
    WOW WOW WOW bloody freakin' brilliant! EPIC! ICONIC! 10/10 Great way to finish off this great season! Season 9 has rocked.

NOW THAT WAS CLARK KENT aka Superman. Props to the writers for how they wrote Clark, they nailed it. He was a leader, took charge; he knew what he wanted, he was confident, he used his own brain, stuck to his decisions, made his own choice without being persuaded and he put humanity before himself! That was Superman! His methods, ideals, and choices were validated. Thank you!

And thank freakin' god Lois knows that he's the Blur... I'm interested in seeing the dynamic between the two now that she knows he's the Blur.

This finale was all about Clark, thank you! thank you! thank you! BEST SEASON FINALE EVER waited 9 long years to see this Clark Kent!

I'm speechless... also Tom Welling did an exceptional job; he truly had the Clark Kent aka Superman persona down pat, well done!

Oh before I forget; the reveal to Lois with the kiss was magnificent, that scene was amazing! Best reveal of all time, I just loved it! And the loft scene between Clark and Lois was beautiful and so heart warming, seeing Clark convey his feelings and Lois reciprocating back really made me happy for Clark, the guy who puts everyone before him self deserves to be happy! Erica and Tom killed that scene! Great job!

Also a sidenote: Only thing I didn't really feel anything for was the Oliver and Chloe scenes; I felt they were out of place had no bearing to Clark's story what so ever but I'll let it pass...

Exactly how I feel!
    I also love, love, love the new Clark Kent!
    Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 05-08-2011, 05:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBMH
      10! The story was great and there were so many awesome moments. The opening was pure Superman awesomeness. Clark's superspeed punch was a great effects sequence (it's great to know that we've moved away from the days of him popping up and just throwing someone across the room) the kandorians arrival on the roof and their departure were both well done. Clark vs. Zod was pretty much movie quality. I surprisingly enjoyed it even more than a super fight. It was dramatic and visually stunning. Just a fantastic episode. The writers and director who did this need to stick around.
      lol I loved that too! Clark was always throwing them across the room, but not this time! He punched Zod so hard he landed on to the set of "When Mars Attacks 2. "
      Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 03-22-2011, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Salvation marks the return of Greg Beeman, who helped create the show along with AlMiles since the beginning. We see the first appearance of Superman in this episode when Clark has dreams of being him in 2013. The fight between Clark and Zod blows away the entire 8th season of whatever battles Clark had with Doomsday. Most importantly, Salvation was Clark-centric and only because of Beeman, who stated that the original script was Zod-centric and that it was not enough Clark in there. Beeman understands the show and Clark better than today's producers and writers. Without Salvation, the 9th season would've been incomplete.

Comment

• Where's the epic fight?

Great episode but just one complaint...why such a short fight? Once again we get a single punch from Clark and then he gets his ass whooped! This could and should've been an epic battle (as the Doomsday 'battle' also should have been).

Still a very good episode.
          Last edited by Angel Interceptor; 01-23-2011, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• I just finished re-watching Season 9 on dvd and watched Salvation last night. Just reminds me how much i love this episode and season in general.

Comment

• Besides the Iconic FINALE. This is IMO the best Finale Smallville has ever put on! Love the look, the scope, The final battle! Its a Superman movie in itself! Love this episode!

Comment

• It was a great finalle, Lois finally know, the fight was great as well and the performance of actors was amazing, especially Callum was perfect (in whole season)
                But there is one thing which surprised me.. Since there was Martian for the first time, he was talking to Clark about his big and great destiny on Earth and then in Salvation he agreed with Clarks decision to leave the planet Earth and go to make another Krypron with other kandorians .. that was strange...

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎