No announcement yet.

Was Bobby briefly in hell?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Bobby briefly in hell?

Given that Bobby made a deal with Crowley & got killed by Lucifer in this episode before being brought back, do you think he went to hell temporarily?

I don't think he did because Cas was able to bring him back without entering & laying siege to hell like he did with Dean. And that makes me wonder, is his deal with Crowley already satisfied? Or is the deal still on & Crowley did something to prevent Bobby from going to hell? We didn't hear any hellhounds or anything. I wonder the same thing about Dean and his multiple deaths in Mystery Spot since he made the deal to save Sam before that. We know that the Trickster was Gabriel & had the power to resurrect Dean & pull his soul out of hell many times if he wanted to.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

I doubt it. Bobby's deal was to keep Crowley alive and kicking until Dean received all of the rings. Bobby still has his soul, and Crowley will probably show up next season for sure as an evil demon once more.

I want Dean to secretly hunt though behind Lisa's back and "cut off the loose ends" such as Meg and Crowley.

Comment

I was hoping they do a demon redemption plot with Meg & Crowley to show the reason that God didn't interfere was not only to let Dean's free will idea happen but to show that the sacrifices of the Winchesters resulted in a change that made demons think twice about their loyalty to the devil.

Comment

I think he ended up in Hell. However since God was involved, I think he could have broken the Crowley deal.

Comment

Y'know, I was wondering about this too.

I really am not sure what I think about this. Maybe Crowley "held on" to Bobby's soul, or maybe God stopped him from plummeting to hell? I really don't know.

Comment

Perhaps the "This is the last time Dean would see Bobby for a long time" means that Bobby was already out of his deal. Because if their next meeting takes place some years in the future (I'm expecting a time jump before the start of next season) then it means that Bobby would have lived past 1 year, if that was the terms of his deal. Then again, in Crossroad Blues, most deals were 10 year deals, not 1 year deals like Dean's. So I guess we'll have to wait & see.

Comment

well they did say bobby would be hunting a ragaru next week.

as for crowley i think he didnt have to take bobbys soul he just had to own it till everything was done with. since bobby died maybe he was in hell but god braught him back fast. well cas braught him back with the power from god. but im thinking cas didnt have to go into hell to get bobby as he did for dean so maybe bobby was just a ghost for those few seconds.

also would anyone go to hell anymore? the souls in hell were pretty much for lucifer and all the demons and what not. since lucifer got out and all these demons got out would hell even exsist anymore? could it just be a waste land?

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                well they did say bobby would be hunting a ragaru next week.

as for crowley i think he didnt have to take bobbys soul he just had to own it till everything was done with. since bobby died maybe he was in hell but god braught him back fast. well cas braught him back with the power from god. but im thinking cas didnt have to go into hell to get bobby as he did for dean so maybe bobby was just a ghost for those few seconds.

also would anyone go to hell anymore? the souls in hell were pretty much for lucifer and all the demons and what not. since lucifer got out and all these demons got out would hell even exsist anymore? could it just be a waste land?
                Well, if Lucifer is trapped in the same cage he was in before, then I think they would still go there for selling their souls, murdering people, and doing everything else that lands someone in hell in Kripke's world. I'm sure there are tons of demons down there waiting to torture new "members" and transform them into demons.

And I bet the Apocalypse will start again someday in the Supernatural universe. My hope is that it's sooner than later. Just imagine how much quicker Sam's soul would turn into a demon if he is being punished by both Michael & Lucifer, the 2 strongest archangels in the Supernatural universe. It would be 1000's of times worse than Alistair's torture of Dean and would turn Sam into a demon so much faster.

The smartest move going forward is to have Michael & Lucifer turn Sam into a demon & give him his own meatsuit back & send him back to Earth. Given all the urban legends of Stull Cemetery being a gate to hell, it's possible that there's a gate that Sam will escape hell from & will show up as a human with a demonic soul & execute a new master plan to release Michael & Lucifer as allies to destroy the world in the ultimate Apocalypse. That would be the best way of ending this show & building up on the continuity of the first 5 seasons. They could do 2 more seasons with this plot, which I think would be perfect.

It would also make Sam the new master of hell because all the big name demons like Lilith, Azazel & Alistair are dead and Crowley doesn't want Lucifer released again.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                  They could do 2 more seasons with this plot, which I think would be perfect.

i highly doubt there will do another season after six
                  since jared and jensen are only contracted for six
                  and JARED has already stated if they do another season after six
                  HE WONT BE RETURNING :[
                  and everyone knows SUPERNATURAL just ain't SUPERNATURAL without him

Comment

I doubt it, unless they want to make Crowley next year's baddie. But if they don't, then I think the deal's finished. They "defeated" the Devil, so Crowley kept his end of the bargain.

Comment

It is confusing to think of, because they have been inconsistent on just what the time frame is between dying and your soul leaving your body to go to heaven/hell/walk around as a spirit.

Comment

I worked it out, and if Dean spent 40 years in hell for the 4 months that passed "topside" then that is a ratio of 120-1. Meaning that if Bobby was dead for 1 minute that's 120 minutes (or 2 hours) in Hell, 1 hour is 120 hours (or 5 full days) and so on. By my reckoning, it was between 2 minutes and 2 hours between Bobby getting killed and Super Cas showing up and reviving him. We don't know exactly how long it was because of the act break and the fact that Dean could well have sat there for hours, in shock and grief, before that, but the light didn't change, so it couldn't have been more than a couple of hours. So that makes it 4 hours to 10 days in hell for Bobby. Lets hope he wasn't talked into putting anyone else on the rack during that time or this whole merry-go-round could start again. Does Bobby have a brother?

Oh and IMO Bobby definitely went to hell during that time. That was the whole point of Crowley's deal. He wanted to ensure that the boys would keep him alive as much as they would want to keep Bobby alive as if Crowley died before he could rescind the deal then Bobby would go downstairs. He hadn't done that yet, so Bobby went down. (I was hoping for confirmation that Crowley would keep up his end of the deal and return the soul once Lucy was taken care of, but I guess if those terms were written into the contract up front then it may well have happened automatically.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎