No announcement yet.

Clarks led a different life than us

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarks led a different life than us

Oliver mentioned at the end of this that Clarks led a different life to them, no offense/bashing intended, but how has Clarks life been better if thats what he's implying? Or is he implying the lack of darkness in it?

If so, Chloe hasn't exactly had a dark life, her mother leaving her and her husband/fiance dying, other than that it's been pretty normal for her, oh and being Brainiac for a while.

Oliver is kind of different I suppoe, he's like a miniversion of Bruce, orphan growing up alone because his parents died.

Where as Clarks had a lot of darker things happen to him, e.g. his parents losing their baby, metropolis red k incident, his father dying, time reversal to save lana, lana leaving him, again, by video, etc.

So if someone could clear this up, thanks.

I don't know if it can be cleared up. I think that it's obvious that Clark has led a different life than Oliver, but different than Chloe? Eh...

Let's see how these work:

-No Strong Family Support or Healthy Moral Guidance: Gabe was around, but then he disappeared, and even when he was around, there was no indication that he and Chloe were very close. It seems as if she's raised herself.

-Abandonment Issues:
    Clark never seemed to feel abandoned, while Chloe's mother left, father left wherever he went, husband died (so technically he left)...

-Killing Someone: While possessed, mind you, but still done. I think this is what Oliver was mostly referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Cieraangel
      I don't know if it can be cleared up. I think that it's obvious that Clark has led a different life than Oliver, but different than Chloe? Eh...

Let's see how these work:

-No Strong Family Support or Healthy Moral Guidance: Gabe was around, but then he disappeared, and even when he was around, there was no indication that he and Chloe were very close. It seems as if she's raised herself.

-Abandonment Issues:
      Clark never seemed to feel abandoned, while Chloe's mother left, father left wherever he went, husband died (so technically he left)...

-Killing Someone: While possessed, mind you, but still done. I think this is what Oliver was mostly referring to.
      I agree with most of this concerning Chloe, though I'm sure Clark felt abandoned when he Exiled himself to Metropolis (he would think that his parents wouldn't want him because of the "baby accident").

I personally think that they refer to the fact that Clark has led a life with constant powers and responsibilities where they did not.
      And they never had that kind of "burden", I think that's what they mean by a different life.
      Last edited by wendelboe; 06-07-2010, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Well, Chloe's life has plenty of darkness and tragedy in it. Chloe's life hasn't really led a normal life at all. Any semblence of a normal life left her w/ Jimmy.

Chloe and Oliver bond over having to deal with things in a way Clark can't or won't and that's fine. They are human with flaws and where Clark has flaws too he has a higher moral ground then they do.

And as for burden even though they don't have Clarks responsibilites w/his powers they still live this complicated life due to Clark. He complicates both of their lives unintentionally. Ollies parents died because they were trying to protec the "Traveler" aka Clark. And all of the MF's and her mothers meteor infection and her metero infection was connected w/ Clark arriving in the meteor shower. They both really have suffered huge losses.

And I also think Ollie was referring to their code of conduct is just different then Clarks. They have led very different lives then Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by chlo-el
          All of the MF's and her mothers meteor infection and her metero infection was connected w/ Clark arriving in the meteor shower. They both really have suffered huge losses.
          Krypton would have exploded AND the meteor shower would happen no matter if Clark arrived on earth or not, can we agree on that part ? - Clark blamed himself because of that for a LOOONGG time, no need to connect Clark with the meteor shower now.
          And as for burden even though they don't have Clarks responsibilites w/his powers they still live this complicated life due to Clark. He complicates both of their lives unintentionally.
          While I'm sure that Clark's secret-keepers life has been more complicated since they learned about Clark, I'm equally sure that Clark's life has become more complicated because of that too. Heck both Clark and Chloe's life's would have been easier if they weren't so close.
          Well, Chloe's life has plenty of darkness and tragedy in it. Chloe's life hasn't really led a normal life at all. Any semblence of a normal life left her w/ Jimmy.
          Both Clark and Chloe have loved and lost - in that aspect they are not so different, so we can basically rule tragedy out of the equation.

Chloe and Oliver bond over having to deal with things in a way Clark can't or won't and that's fine. They are human with flaws and where Clark has flaws too he has a higher moral ground then they do.

And I also think Ollie was referring to their code of conduct is just different then Clarks. They have led very different lives then Clark.
          But this part of your post I can agree on.

Comment

Clarks life has been very great compared to Chloe and Oliver
            But its what Clarks heritage and destiny is what makes his life different from Chloe and Oliver

CK has never really been able to meet Jor El and Lara
            Lara was marly a replica, and he spent a few hours with her
            When he met Jor El, he died

At least there was a time where Oliver and Chloe knew their parents
            Here is where Chloe is different from the others

She sort-of had closure with her mother, Oliver and CK never had the chance
            I'm not too sure about her father

From everything he has been told, CK has such a burden on his shoulders. How he is going to be this "Idol" and savior of Earth, he must think what if I mess up or anything like that

Comment

Just rewatched the episode and this line still angers me.

Clark is a "race orphan", one of the loneliest creatures in the universe (at that point of time he only knows of one other survivor [Kara] and has no idea where she is). Clark lost Alicia through murder at age 18. His actions caused his father's death at age 19. His first big love can never get near him again - he basically lost her at age 22. He already died twice.

All the things Chloe has suffered through Clark has too. Or he was at least there with here (and as we know: He feels no pain greater than to see others in agony).

So what gives Chloe the right to be so condescending?

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎