Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kryptonian Artifacts - Art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My version was supposed to represent the lungs, air passageway to the mouth, and the air movement involved.

Comment

• Omega and Radioflyer, thanks to BOTH of you for helping me with this. I am getting one of them as a tattoo and i will post the pic here, please don't be mad if i don't pick one of yours....lol

Radio,

Where did you come up with yours, is it using thel etters...?

Thanks again for (in my opinion) one of the best threads on there....

Comment

• I won't be mad.

As long as you like your choice and give proper credit, that's all that matters.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• So, for the next big question:

When will we see more artifacts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Omega
              My version was supposed to represent the lungs, air passageway to the mouth, and the air movement involved.
              Yeah, I got that when I saw it yesterday. It's works great.

Originally posted by Cal_el_AL
              Omega and Radioflyer, thanks to BOTH of you for helping me with this. I am getting one of them as a tattoo and i will post the pic here, please don't be mad if i don't pick one of yours....lol

Radio,

Where did you come up with yours, is it using thel etters...?

Thanks again for (in my opinion) one of the best threads on there....
              What i do for word symbols is write out the word in both English and Kryptonian in pencil. Then try to arrange it so that all the letter are represented in a minimalist way. It has to blend in well with the ceiling arrangement in Dr Waldon's cell. For a concept or idea like Hope, Peace Freedom I'd go the way Omega went. I think Breathe is something you do without thinking. The hope symbol type is more aesthetically stylized than Dr Waldon's cell ceiling type.

For a word like MISSISSIPPI I'd cut down the size drasticly. Guess how.
              Last edited by Radioflyer; 05-17-2005, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Cool beans...

Comment

• Interesting...

Comment

• I'd only need to work with M,I,S,P.

Comment

• True.

Comment

• So... Mississippi would look good in a Kryptonian word symbol.

Comment

• Don't think the Kryptonians have a Mississippi River, though...

Comment

• Good point.

You can see on the left where I omitted the A by just leaving behind the A's dots. I did this because I didn't want the word symbol to be too busy. Because the word symbols on the ceiling were very minimal.

The main diomond in the ceter is from the Kryptonian R that looks like a kite. I just left off tha tail and kept the dot where it was.
                            Last edited by Radioflyer; 05-17-2005, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• The symbols on the ceiling WERE quite minimal, but they aren't terribly representative of what they mean in English.

Comment

• No they are not Representative at all. They just threw them on like whacked out abstract art. Except the word IS works. it's the S with the dot from the I omitting the stick. They just assigned meaning to them. I'm trying to make them relate more to the meaning. We are only given three or four basic shapes to work with.

Look at the top of CHART 3 The Day is coming. The word IS is on the end.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I'm thinking the positioning of the dots makes all the difference in word symbol designing. I guess Just moving a dot can change the word to another. Notice Day and Night on chart 3? Same basic design but the dots are arranged different. Without the dots we are bound to run out of word symbols if we only have three or four basic shapes to work with.

For the word Daughter I might relocate the dots on the word SON to the right side.

First and Last, first is a circle with a dot and last is without one.
                                Last edited by Radioflyer; 05-17-2005, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎