Kryptonian Artifacts - Art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooooo... shiny...

Ahem.

Nice caps and nice artwork, guys! Amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by the panther
      Ooooo... shiny...
      I forgot, cats have a thing for shiny objects!

Here's the orthographic image of the Air stone!

Last edited by Omega; 02-27-2005, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Cool!! Nice job, Omega.

Comment

• nice work man

Comment

• :Beams:

Thank you!

I'm still curious as to the powers that the Air stone has.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omega
              I forgot, cats have a thing for shiny objects!

Here's the orthographic image of the Air stone!

http://img173.exs.cx/img173/2955/airstoneviews4za.jpg
              Whoa great job Omega, I was wondring if I could make an orthographic image of all three crystals combine?

Comment

• I'll see what I can do...

Comment

• Raidioflyer, do you have more pics of kryptonian symbols, i looked at the top of the symbols and it says vol. 1 i was just wondering if you had the rest if there were more.
                  Thanks KR

Comment

• Oh, by the way KR, in 'symbols volume 1':

The symbol for 'fire' needs to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

The symbol for 'water' needs to be mirrored left to right.

The symnol for 'crusade' soes not have a small diamond at the top.

It has a large triangle with a outwardly curved side facing down, and the line connected to it crossing over into the triangle.

If that's at all confusing, let me know.

Comment

• Maybe you are right but the symbol for crusade was the las one added to the chart and I was pretty sure it was right because I was watching the scene in crusade when I rough sketched it. There is no indication as to what angle it is meant to be read. Even the symbol for hope was presented in an angle on the barn and on the key. So we can assume the angles the symbols are often presented is not so important or the way Kryptonian calligraphy teachers would dictate them.But I'll go look again later to be sure.

The symbol for fire is an F or P in the kryptonian alphabet when flipped left or right. Besides altering the angle is not a feature available on the application I'm using. Sorry. but the best I can do is flip it over left or right. The water symbol while shown in a certain angle is still the symbol for water either way I'm sure. But it can be flipped over easy.

Volume two is still a work in progress. So far I don't have enough to finish the page. The Kryptonians seem to use symbols as a sort of shorthand to communicate complex ideas and established concepts. So there can be many krytonian symbols out there.

To make up a symbol I try to fallow a sort of system in arranging a symbol. For example if I wanted to make a symbol for SMALL VILLE I would focus on the letters SMVL and try to arrange the kryptonian letters as aesthetically as possible. I think the more simple the final symbol is the better. Of course the rule is only a guideline. I'm partial to the symbol for destiny because of it's simplicity and it looks cool.

Comment

• Fire is the letter 'p'.

And I wasn't trying to imply that you were wrong, just that I think it's something else.

I'll see if I can post a picture of the symbol for 'crusade'.

Comment

• ya the symbols are at angles when they are shown. I agree with Radioflyer on the angle subject i think its like our italic markings. I am going to note on cusade though it is

`
                          ` `
                          ` ` `
                          ` ``` `
                          `
                          `
                          `
                          ` `
                          `
                          `
                          `
                          `
                          `

excuse the artwork i just did it quick. Also the first symbol in father is the kryptonian 'f'. And whats the freedom symbol some of the symbols have smudges on them and i cant tell what they are.
                          Cya KR

dangit it cut my drawing in half.

srry about how it looks maybe you guys can se what the other half is if not let me know.

Comment

• Help

Dose anybody feel like turing this in to a working avatar i tryed unsuccessfuly it just wont load any body want to take a shot at it?

any takers
                            Last edited by Cal-El0; 02-28-2005, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Umm, I can try, but you're probably going to lose most of the detail on the markings when I shrink it down to 60x60 pixels.

Is it worth it to you?

Comment

• I've been lurking in this thread long ago, and never posted for some weird reason, at least I don't remember posting...anyway, when I saw that amazing spining key Cal-El made, I knew I have to try making an avy!!! and I think I did it!! I kinda feel like using it , Here it is!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎