Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Kwon's forgot two things...

1) their own language
    2) their own kid

First, seriously, why the HECK were they speaking a SECOND LANGUAGE to each other during their FINAL MOMENTS ON EARTH? Lol it's utterly ridiculous. I mean do they really love the Queen of England THAT much? lol They had a brief exchange in Korean, sure (almost like a "shout out" to their own people and heritage and their own dignity. lol), but otherwise they kept it mostly English in true "sell-out" fashion. ha so funny.

Second, maybe I'm not remembering the scene properly, but did the subject of their CHILD come up at all in their final moments? I mean you'd think Jin would save himself, if not for his own sake, you know, maybe for his own daughter's sake? You know, so the poor kid doesn't grow up completely parentless? I mean WE all know there are a couple of "replacement Kwons" that can be brought over from the AU to look after their kid for them, but THEY DON'T! lol

The language bugged me. Why were they speaking in English? It made no sense and actually took me out of the scene.

I think Jin's only reason for thinking about leaving during that scene was his daughter. Otherwise, I think he would never even have looked towards the door. I can't say for sure why he chose to not go back, but his daughter is being raised by her grandmother now, so she won't end up destitute. He does know she is safe at the very least. It was a tough decision and I have no idea how he made it. There was no time for rational thought and his gut told him he waited three years to find Sun and he wasn't willing to lose her again.

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
      I think Jin's only reason for thinking about leaving during that scene was his daughter. Otherwise, I think he would never even have looked towards the door. I can't say for sure why he chose to not go back, but his daughter is being raised by her grandmother now, so she won't end up destitute. He does know she is safe at the very least. It was a tough decision and I have no idea how he made it. There was no time for rational thought and his gut told him he waited three years to find Sun and he wasn't willing to lose her again.
      It would have been nice if the subject of their own child came up in some explicit way in the scene though, to make it clear it (or she) was on their minds. But the way the scene played out, to me anyway, it was all about their "supreme love" for each other and nothing else. No one else factored into it or even existed. At the very least they could have had one of them pull out a photograph of their little girl, and hold it between each other in their final moments. Instead, it was all about their (selfish) love for each other... lol

Little Girl: Grammy? Why did daddy choose to die with mommy? Is it because he wuvved her more than me?
      Grandmother: Yes, dear.
      Little Girl:

Last edited by Xanderman; 05-08-2010, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎