No announcement yet.

"Clois Scenes"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liana
    I was not exactly expecting them to have a nice journey with no bumps, but the truth is that their relationship was a tease and nothing was delievered at all, and in the end, instead of being together making them closer, made them even more apart. In another words, it would have been better if they had never been together. There was no need for them to be together in the first place, and IMO, in the end, for the sake of their future relationship, it would have been better.
    I completely agree. It HAD to be a tease because Lois falls in love with superman, not clark. But what really KILLS me, is that Lois only cares about the blur and serving the world because she feels selfish otherwise, so she very selfishly breaks up with clark so that she can be selfless. I prefer the normal canon where Lois is already dedicated to helping the world by exposing the truth and loves Superman because she's simply fallen in love with him. Not because of the way he makes her feel about herself. She left Oliver because he was a hero and would have no time for her, now she's leaving Clark because she thinks she isn't hero enough. And why could she help out the blur to save the world but not the green arrow??? I wish the writers would allow Erica Durance to make the decisions about her character because they don't seem to know what to do with Lois Lane.

Comment

Originally posted by Iluvgreen
      Break up?! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm dying inside. They will make up in the next episode.
      I don't think so. It is too late in the game for that. Next episode is the last episode of the season, and there isn't time for it at all.

Comment

Lois is one of those persons that you either love or hate; she's a conundrum who inspires strong emotions.

Me, just like Clark, I love her.

Comment

Originally posted by asha14
          You are complaning about people making this all or nothing is that not what you are doing right now? If someone does not feel good in their own skin why should they bring their loved one down? This was about Lois not Clark, this was Lois realizing if she does not feel good about herself she will not fill good about her relationship. Woman need to stop with this Hollywood garbage version of love. For the first time I felt like what Lois and Clark have was something of substance.
          Very interestingly put.

And I've said before elsewhere that if Lois isn't secure in who she is outside of Clark a relationship between them would never work anyway.

And it's not like Clark was at all hearing what Lois was trying to tell him before the dinner scene. He was dismissing about how she was feeling as her overreacting. Is it wrong for Lois to want to have a purpose in her life outside of Clark and the Blur? Which is exactly what she said she was looking for? And that, in point of fact, some people were complaining about just two weeks ago wrt Lois' character?

If Lois wasn't happy with herself and her place in life, how the heck could she ever make Clark happy? People who are unhappy with themselves and who they are can never hope to make someone else happy.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
            I personally believe that you can find yourself and be in love. It doesn't have to be one or the other. And sorry, but it is not so much that they broke up, but the fact that the whole relationship was nothing but a cheat to keep Clois fans watching. We hardly saw them together after they started dating, they never did anything, and all development we thought we had with Lois was thrown away when she decided that she "needed to find herself".
            Words of wisdom as usual!! Clois was good until Pandora, the rest has just been crap. I feel like it its lazy writing.Your story is not developed and in-depth enough so you use weak excuses to cause a strife in a relationship. Its not cool. Fans have been waiting 4 years for this relationship to happen and then it last for 3 episodes. I feel SO cheated.
            I also think that fuels my dislike for Chloe and Oliver. That relationship had 3 minutes of build up and yet they are just honkey f-in dorey. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Meteror Freak
              I completely agree. It HAD to be a tease because Lois falls in love with superman, not clark. But what really KILLS me, is that Lois only cares about the blur and serving the world because she feels selfish otherwise, so she very selfishly breaks up with clark so that she can be selfless. I prefer the normal canon where Lois is already dedicated to helping the world by exposing the truth and loves Superman because she's simply fallen in love with him. Not because of the way he makes her feel about herself. She left Oliver because he was a hero and would have no time for her, now she's leaving Clark because she thinks she isn't hero enough. And why could she help out the blur to save the world but not the green arrow??? I wish the writers would allow Erica Durance to make the decisions about her character because they don't seem to know what to do with Lois Lane.
              Actually, Lois Lane falls in love with Clark Kent, not Superman. And if Smallville changes that... Oh, well.

Comment

For me, I can't be disappointed. It's all part of the crazy making triangle for two that is Clark and Lois. And if it means next season we get to see more of Clark chasing Lois, well, I'm all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by geminis
                  For me, I can't be disappointed. It's all part of the crazy making triangle for two that is Clark and Lois. And if it means next season we get to see more of Clark chasing Lois, well, I'm all for it.
                  I love the Clois story.. but Clark chasing Lois after she dumped him and then makes out with the un-Clark part of him... I hope they set that up right!

Comment

Originally posted by MsNJS
                    Words of wisdom as usual!! Clois was good until Pandora, the rest has just been crap. I feel like it its lazy writing.Your story is not developed and in-depth enough so you use weak excuses to cause a strife in a relationship. Its not cool. Fans have been waiting 4 years for this relationship to happen and then it last for 3 episodes. I feel SO cheated.
                    I also think that fuels my dislike for Chloe and Oliver. That relationship had 3 minutes of build up and yet they are just honkey f-in dorey. WTF?
                    I don't think Oliver and Chloe have anything to do with Clark and Lois. In fact, I hope you don't mind me saying it, but I don't think we should be talking about them in a Clois thread.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by kristintaps
                    I love the Clois story.. but Clark chasing Lois after she dumped him and then makes out with the un-Clark part of him... I hope they set that up right!
                    I hope he doesn't chase Lois. Seriously, if she really needs to find herself, then Clark has to let her go. I don't like the reason for the break up. IMO, as I said, it made me realize that Lois wasn't as in love with Clark as I thought she was, or that she is not that sure that she is, but it is not Clark's place to go after her when she states that she needs to be alone.
                    Last edited by liana; 05-07-2010, 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by RabidforClois
                      Lois did NOT break up with Clark b/c of the Blur...she broke up with Clark to find her purpose. Happiness cannot be found in another person it has to come from within. She broke up with him because she needs to find out who she is.

In tonight's episode she realized that she did not need the blur to find a purpose in the world. Her purpose is to become a star reporter and by doing that she can be her own hero. That is about her individual self separate from Clark, just as Clark has to find out who he is and strike a balance between his two halves.

This break up will allow for their reunion to be on equal footing. She can enter into a relationship with Clark on solid ground. However, she needs to know Clark's secret to really have a relationship with Clark and I think Clark realizes that as well.

In all honesty, I am find with the break up b/c this is Lois and Clark...they will end up together and the breakup itself was believable and not over petty issues.
                      Thank you, Rini. Beautifully put (even if it was pages ago on this thread...lol). I'm surprisingly not as upset about the break-up as I would have thought. I think you're right that it isn't about not being in love. Lois seemed, in her last scene (sans Clark), to of realized that she can make her mark/difference in the world AND be with Clark.

Comment

If Clark chases Lois after this then I think that would be not only in-character considering how often he went running after Lana, but also it would show that he isn't giving up on her. He said he didn't want a breakup and I don't see him just passively sitting there and letting her walk out of his life, especially not if he has to sit across from her at work every day and work with her. If he's smart he'll keep her exposure to the Blur at a bare minimum (as in life-saving situations only) if he's not going to tell her the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                          If Clark chases Lois after this then I think that would be not only in-character considering how often he went running after Lana, but also it would show that he isn't giving up on her. He said he didn't want a breakup and I don't see him just passively sitting there and letting her walk out of his life, especially not if he has to sit across from her at work every day and work with her. If he's smart he'll keep her exposure to the Blur at a bare minimum (as in life-saving situations only) if he's not going to tell her the truth.
                          I just don't think he should. It is clear that Lois isn't sure that she wants to be with him, and if we are supposed to buy that she needs to find 'her own hero inside', then he have to let her go. That would be love. Trying to go after her when she obviously isn't ready to be with him would be wrong. Besides, I am not even sure that Clark knows what he wants with her.

Comment

i don't understand why lois breaking up with clark in front of his mom is getting so many people upset. in her defense, she DID try very hard to hide it. the BOTH of them did. lois was just being honest. and martha is like a mother to lois. i mean lois has LIVED with the kent family for a long time.

Comment

You know what I did find unlikeable about Clark that lead to the break-up his dismissive attitude about Lois's feelings about losing her purpose and her career. Men do this to women all the time they think they are helping but they are not. Instead of Clark empathizing with Lois he mistakenly acted like her career does not matter. Clark did not mean to do this however it did lead to this break up so to me Clark did play a hand in it.

Comment

I wanted Clark to chase Lois last year, but not anymore. She wants to pull this crap then she has to deal with the consequences. Again tey just should have let things stay how they were in S7 or 8. Why make her have feelings for him then let him have feelings for her id it was just going to end with one of the stupidest reasons for breaking up in tv history. This just seems to build up the argument some people have about Lois, that she loves Superman not Clark.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SignalFire915
                                i don't understand why lois breaking up with clark in front of his mom is getting so many people upset. in her defense, she DID try very hard to hide it. the BOTH of them did. lois was just being honest. and martha is like a mother to lois. i mean lois has LIVED with the kent family for a long time.

It's called having empathy for the other person.
                                Last edited by Dyanara; 05-07-2010, 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎