No announcement yet.

"Clois Scenes"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liana
    I personally believe that you can find yourself and be in love. It doesn't have to be one or the other. And sorry, but it is not so much that they broke up, but the fact that the whole relationship was nothing but a cheat to keep Clois fans watching. We hardly saw them together after they started dating, they never did anything, and all development we thought we had with Lois was thrown away when she decided that she "needed to find herself".
    Don't be sorry, it's your opinion

I see where you are coming from. But I didn't mean to imply that she wasn't in love with Clark. She is. A break up doesn't mean that you stop loving that person. Of course you can find yourself while being in love; however that other person has to meet you halfway at least and Clark has A LOT going on in his own rights. They both have a lot on their plates and to add love in the mix and unemployment, and a loss of purpose...then yeah I can see the break up.

I see how people feel cheated. We didn't get that many moments between them. I agree with you on that. I wanted more and I think b/c we got a S10 they needed to stretch it unfortunately.

I mean, if Lois knows that she is "in love with Clark", and that "he is it", why is she risking it all by breaking up with him? If she is breaking up with him, it means that she doesn't know that "he is it" after all. So, all we had on her side was just "cheat". And if, what Erica said is true, and we are on for the triangle next season, that means no reveal, no 'I love yous'. Nothing but a big fat tease. If they were going to break up, at least the producers could have done it without proclaiming that everything we saw in Lois was nothing at all.

I would rather they never got together than see this. Seriously. It was completely O.O.C. according to everything we saw in Lois since last season.
    Clark can still be "THE ONE" even if they break up. Love and being in love doesn't trump outside forces at play in their respective personal/ individual lives. Would have I preferred them to work through this together? Absolutely, but at this point there are other things that have to be resolved before their Love can really grow. Lois needs to find who she is and how Clark left things, she knows that he is still there.

I respectively disagree. This was not out of Character for Lois. Lois is a fly by the seat of her pants kind of gal, and has a definite case of 'foot in mouth' moments. She may have jumped the gun slightly on this one, but deep down she will find her way back to him and in the mean time Clark has to reveal his true identity to her.

I am sorry you feel cheated. I feel a little of that...but I guess I am a sucker for "they will get together in the end".
    Last edited by RabidforClois; 05-07-2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
      And that may be too, I just don't find it a very likeable quality.
      I love Lois, but really, why do they need to always write her like that?

Comment

Originally posted by asha14
        I think it was on of the best things the show has done this year. Woman need to but themselves first. Lois was not feeling good in her own skin, Lois she not ever need to look to Clark or anyone for validation. I am sorry no one is that fabulous that you can find fulfillment in them with out having it in yourself first. And why does it have to be all or nothing to say just because Lois broke up with Clark she does not love him?
        Excellent! Very much WORD to this.

Comment

My only issue, and its rather a big one, was Lois doing that at the dining room table, in front of Martha and Perry. If she was feeling that way, I can sympathize, but doing that to Clark in front of other people just felt...unnecessary to me. How would she feel if Clark did something like that sitting opposite from the General? She'd flip.
          Actually, you want the truth of it? No Lois wouldn't flip is someone did that in front of the General - because she herself would do it in front of the general first. In fact, I kinda think she would have been even more blunt if it was only the General there. It was her respect for Martha that made her unable to lie about what was going on (regarding them being fired) and I honestly think she did what she did with as much respect possible given her timing (which, admittedly, was bad) because it was Martha.

But yeah, this is Lois. She would have done this in front of the General too.

Comment

I'm not angry at all about the break up. I understand it. And it wasn't all angsty like clana. It was perfect. HOWEVER there are other things I'm very upset about.

Comment

Originally posted by RabidforClois
              Don't be sorry, it's your opinion

I see where you are coming from. But I didn't mean to imply that she wasn't in love with Clark. She is. A break up doesn't mean that you stop loving that person. Of course you can find yourself while being in love; however that other person has to meet you halfway at least and Clark has A LOT going on in his own rights. They both have a lot on their plates and to add love in the mix and unemployment, and a loss of purpose...then yeah I can see the break up.

I see how people feel cheated. We didn't get that many moments between them. I agree with you on that. I wanted more and I think b/c we got a S10 they needed to stretch it unfortunately.

Clark can still be "THE ONE" even if they break up. Love and being in love doesn't trump outside forces at play in their respective personal/ individual lives. Would have I preferred them to work through this together? Absolutely, but at this point there are other things that have to be resolved before their Love can really grow.

I respectively disagree. This was not out of Character for Lois. Lois is a fly by the seat of her pants kind of gal, and has a definite case of 'foot in mouth' moments. She may have jumped the gun slightly on this one, but deep down she will find her way back to him and in the mean time Clark has to reveal his true identity to her.

I am sorry you feel cheated. I feel a little of that...but I guess I am a sucker for "they will get together in the end".
              I was not exactly expecting them to have a nice journey with no bumps, but the truth is that their relationship was a tease and nothing was delievered at all, and in the end, instead of being together making them closer, made them even more apart. In another words, it would have been better if they had never been together. There was no need for them to be together in the first place, and IMO, in the end, for the sake of their future relationship, it would have been better.

Comment

I really hope the finale changes a lot of our minds... I hate so much sadness...

Comment

He should've been, but I thought his reasons not to felt very real and understandable. And considering the big whopper his Mom was keeping from him...

And that may be too, I just don't find it a very likeable quality.
                  Eh, all of the characters on this show have unlikeable qualities it makes them come off as real people. For instance I have disliked Chloe for much of the season, however the two minute scene with Clark reminded me why I liked her in the first place now I am half way back to being team Chloe. If Lois was consistently doing this trust me I would want Clark very far away from her. I guess I don't have a problem with the scene because I got what I wanted out of it a break-up.

Comment

I love Lois, but really, why do they need to always write her like that?
                    I wrote an entire thread in the Lois Lane forum about the bad writing with her and all I got was being accussed of being a basher.

Comment

I was not exactly expecting them to have a nice journey with no bumps, but the truth is that their relationship was a tease and nothing was delivered at all, and in the end, instead of being together making them closer, made them even more apart. In another words, it would have been better if they had never been together. There was no need for them to be together in the first place, and IMO, in the end, for the sake of their future relationship, it would have been better.
                      I understand that it could be seen as a tease of sorts and I respect that.

For me I saw it as a precursor to what they will become. The relationship couldn't really be based on lies and secrets and by them getting together now, that exposed that to the both of them. They have a way to go and I don't doubt for a second that this break up is more like being benched just after the second inning. They will get called up to bad again. ...oh man I just used a sports metaphor...wow, sorry...I was tweeting with Erica and I can't stop grinning

Comment

I guess my problem, as I said, was not the break up. It was the fact that the relationship actually never happened on my screen. It really didn't. We never saw them in a "real date". We never saw their first date. We never saw those "text messages" Lois alluded to in Charade. We almost never saw them kissing. In fact, I think they kissed more before they got together than after.

They rushed putting them together, taking away from us the courtship phase of romance, so that they would be together. It almost looked like "let's get over with it and put them together soon". Then, because in TV Land you can never show a couple together, we had the "let's take things slow almost glacial", and the stupid triangle coming of nowhere. So, yeah, I do feel like being lied to. I feel like I was promised something that I never really got. And that is what makes me feel livid. And it makes even worse that they just nullified every feeling Lois seemed to feel towards Clark with this whole "needing to find herself".
                        Last edited by liana; 05-07-2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

If she broke up with him and risks losing him, because she can, then that means that she is not "that sure" that she loves him after all. In that sense, yes, it goes against everything they wrote about her the entire season, because you just don't do that when you are sure that this is the chance of your life, be it in love, or in work. If you blink, you can miss the train of your life, and Lois doesn't need to break up with Clark to "find herself". You can do that and date. It was not like they were going to marry tomorrow, and they were taking things slow. As far as I know, they were not planning a wedding. I mean, what is the problem of dating?
                          You are complaning about people making this all or nothing is that not what you are doing right now? If someone does not feel good in their own skin why should they bring their loved one down? This was about Lois not Clark, this was Lois realizing if she does not feel good about herself she will not fill good about her relationship. Woman need to stop with this Hollywood garbage version of love. For the first time I felt like what Lois and Clark have was something of substance.

Comment

Break up?! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm dying inside. They will make up in the next episode.

Comment

I guess my problem, as I said, was not the break up. It was the fact that the relationship actually never happened on my screen. It really didn't. We never saw them in a "real date". We never saw their first date. We never saw that "text messages" Lois alluded to in Charade. We almost never saw them kissing. In fact, I think they kissed more before they got together than after.

They rushed putting them together, taking away from us the courtship phase of romance, so that they would be together. It almost looked like "let's get over with it and put them together soon". Then, because in TV Land you can never show a couple together, we had the "let's take things slow almost glacial", and the stupid triangle coming of nowhere. So, yeah, I do feel like being lied to. I feel like I was promised something that I never really got. And that is what makes me feel livid. And it makes even worse that they just nullified every feeling Lois seemed to feel towards Clark with this whole "needing to find herself".
                              Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by kg1507
                                I really hope the finale changes a lot of our minds... I hate so much sadness...
                                I am not sad. I am angry, and I feel cheated. I guess it is even worse than sad. It is not like I doubt that they will get together in the end or anything like that. No, I don't. I just feel like lied to, I hate that. I felt the same way in season 6 when AlMiles answered one of my questions in an interview about Erica Durance's number of episodes, and they told me that we would be 'seeing more of her', and we got the same number of episodes ever. I HATE being lied to. IMO, to tease about a relationship that they had no intention to show is a lie. It is plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎