No announcement yet.

"Clois Scenes"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WendySue

Lois is so in love with the Blur..how could she do that to clark..
    I'm sorry? How did you get that? She specifically said in the episode she had to stop looking at other people to make her feel fulfilled, including the blur. The entire eppy was about Lois finding strength in herself to be her own hero- and know that she didn't need the blur or Clark, for that matter, to have a purpose in life. She could be her own hero and find her own hiring calling all by herself. At least that's what I took from it..

Comment

I thought that was a bit harsh for her to break up in front of martha too, but I think with Lois' tendency to explode if she tries to bottle things up it was inevitable, especially because she voiced prior to that that she didn't like lying to Martha, and Clark was doing his best to pretend things were perfect. I felt that she gave him enough hints before she finally broke up with him that he should lay off the 'perfection in paradise' line of speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
        Makes me think less of her

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Are you freaking kidding me!
        What was that for?

Comment

I really just think there was no point to this relationship. Damn I wish o could go 7 mos in the past and tell myself that nothing good will come out of this and S8 Clois w/o Lana was better. Lois&Clark should have been left to the comic book and movie writers.

Comment

My only issue, and its rather a big one, was Lois doing that at the dining room table, in front of Martha and Perry. If she was feeling that way, I can sympathize, but doing that to Clark in front of other people just felt...unnecessary to me. How would she feel if Clark did something like that sitting opposite from the General? She'd flip.

She should've taken Clark aside, or just excused herself from the table and told him she'd talk to him tomorrow. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
              I really just think there was no point to this relationship. Damn I wish o could go 7 mos in the past and tell myself that nothing good will come out of this and S8 Clois w/o Lana was better. Lois&Clark should have been left to the comic book and movie writers.
              Relationships are imperfect and they grow and change. They will reconnect and things will be better because of this break they are taking. I guess we will have to wait for next weeks episode to see if things work out...but I have a feeling they do. *still on the Erica Durance high*

Comment

Originally posted by RabidforClois
                Lois did NOT break up with Clark b/c of the Blur...she broke up with Clark to find her purpose. Happiness cannot be found in another person it has to come from within. She broke up with him because she needs to find out who she is.

In tonight's episode she realized that she did not need the blur to find a purpose in the world. Her purpose is to become a star reporter and by doing that she can be her own hero. That is about her individual self separate from Clark, just as Clark has to find out who he is and strike a balance between his two halves.

This break up will allow for their reunion to be on equal footing. She can enter into a relationship with Clark on solid ground. However, she needs to know Clark's secret to really have a relationship with Clark and I think Clark realizes that as well.

In all honesty, I am find with the break up b/c this is Lois and Clark...they will end up together and the breakup itself was believable and not over petty issues.
                I personally believe that you can find yourself and be in love. It doesn't have to be one or the other. And sorry, but it is not so much that they broke up, but the fact that the whole relationship was nothing but a cheat to keep Clois fans watching. We hardly saw them together after they started dating, they never did anything, and all development we thought we had with Lois was thrown away when she decided that she "needed to find herself".

I mean, if Lois knows that she is "in love with Clark", and that "he is it", why is she risking it all by breaking up with him? If she is breaking up with him, it means that she doesn't know that "he is it" after all. So, all we had on her side was just "cheat". And if, what Erica said is true, and we are on for the triangle next season, that means no reveal, no 'I love yous'. Nothing but a big fat tease. If they were going to break up, at least the producers could have done it without proclaiming that everything we saw in Lois was nothing at all.

I would rather they never got together than see this. Seriously. It was completely O.O.C. according to everything we saw in Lois since last season.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
                  My only issue, and its rather a big one, was Lois doing that at the dining room table, in front of Martha and Perry. If she was feeling that way, I can sympathize, but doing that to Clark in front of other people just felt...unnecessary to me. How would she feel if Clark did something like that sitting opposite from the General? She'd flip.

She should've taken Clark aside, or just excused herself from the table and told him she'd talk to him tomorrow. JMO
                  This is my issue also. However Clark should have been honest with his mother. Lord knows what Lois did was not attractive however it felt real to her character.

Comment

Originally posted by RabidforClois
                    Relationships are imperfect and they grow and change. They will reconnect and things will be better because of this break they are taking. I guess we will have to wait for next weeks episode to see if things work out...but I have a feeling they do. *still on the Erica Durance high*
                    I disagree. The only reason the producers put them together was to tease us, nothing else. And next season is going to be another whole season with tease, but this time, wanna bet it will be with Blur/Lois instead.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
                      I personally believe that you can find yourself and be in love. It doesn't have to be one or the other. And sorry, but it is not so much that they broke up, but the fact that the whole relationship was nothing but a cheat to keep Clois fans watching. We hardly saw them together after they started dating, they never did anything, and all development we thought we had with Lois was thrown away when she decided that she "needed to find herself".

I mean, if Lois knows that she is "in love with Clark", and that "he is it", why is she risking it all by breaking up with him? If she is breaking up with him, it means that she doesn't know that "he is it" after all. So, all we had on her side was just "cheat". And if, what Erica said is true, and we are on for the triangle next season, that means no reveal, no 'I love yous'. Nothing but a big fat tease. If they were going to break up, at least the producers could have done it without proclaiming that everything we saw in Lois was nothing at all.

I would rather they never got together than see this. Seriously. It was completely O.O.C. according to everything we saw in Lois since last season.
                      I think it was on of the best things the show has done this year. Woman need to but themselves first. Lois was not feeling good in her own skin, Lois she not ever need to look to Clark or anyone for validation. I am sorry no one is that fabulous that you can find fulfillment in them with out having it in yourself first. And why does it have to be all or nothing to say just because Lois broke up with Clark she does not love him?

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad

You are completely right. They probably did this because the producers seems to think it is funny to always make Lois do something awkward. It must say that it surprises me that they took so long to do something ugly with Lois. I mean, at least once a season they do something really bad with her. Last season was Styletto, season 7 was the editor.

Comment

However Clark should have been honest with his mother.
                          He should've been, but I thought his reasons not to felt very real and understandable. And considering the big whopper his Mom was keeping from him...

Lord knows what Lois did was not attractive however it felt real to her character.
                          And that may be too, I just don't find it a very likeable quality.

Comment

I'm just going to say Lois breaking up with Clark at the dinner table with Martha and Perry present was painful to watch. I felt really bad for Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by asha14
                              I think it was on of the best things the show has done this year. Woman need to but themselves first. Lois was not feeling good in her own skin, Lois she not ever need to look to Clark or anyone for validation. I am sorry no one is that fabulous that you can find fulfillment in them with out having it in yourself first. And why does it have to be all or nothing to say just because Lois broke up with Clark she does not love him?
                              If she broke up with him and risks losing him, because she can, then that means that she is not "that sure" that she loves him after all. In that sense, yes, it goes against everything they wrote about her the entire season, because you just don't do that when you are sure that this is the chance of your life, be it in love, or in work. If you blink, you can miss the train of your life, and Lois doesn't need to break up with Clark to "find herself". You can do that and date. It was not like they were going to marry tomorrow, and they were taking things slow. As far as I know, they were not planning a wedding. I mean, what is the problem of dating?

Comment

Originally posted by liana

Word. I don't want a triangle and I feel totally let down.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎