This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Clark. stop that this minute or I'll get out the kryptonite"

Originally posted by Lilah
    Because its easier to say its a retcon than to admit the writers did something right for a change... I don't know... its just a theory...

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Too bad you didn't stick around til the end. This season has really been the best since like ever... but to each his own I guess.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Martha Kent has used Green K on Clark countless times. And its always been for his own good. It sucks sometimes but this isn't out of the ordinary. Everyone seems to use Green K on Clark lol.

Oh and Jonathan has used it too.
    Oh I must bow - I remember Jonathan using it now to - still CREEPY. Can you imagine prequel to Smallville - "Clark - don't make me get out the Kryptonite!" Talk about a tough family - "Here son - how about a little deadly radiation from your home planet?" Talk about Mommie dearest. Maybe she should be the Green Queen instead.

"Clark go to the barn and get out the lead box ... you've pushed me too far."

And when he and Lois have children - "Why boys, my mom used to make me go get my own kryptonite when I misbehaved." You know, real parents would go to jail for stuff like that.

Comment

• I gave it a 6 & that was generous considering the assassinated the character of Martha Kent & everything she's supposed to stand for. We already have/had 2 Lana's on this show (the real Lana & Chloe), we didn't need a 3rd. The pace of the episode was too slow and I wasn't happy to hear Lois complaining about not having a purpose again (once was in Charade enough & she did not sound like a real person would sound). Chloe getting off scott free after only 1 apology also didn't really sit well with me, considering her spy devices led Checkmate straight to Faora & indirectly got her killed.

The only thing I liked about this episode was seeing Perry again. But even with him, I expected to see Clark & Perry work together so Clark gets serious about journalism. Didn't happen. Instead Lois works with him & we get a forced deja-vu scene that put Perry in a situation similar to the one he was in Perry with Lois pulling him up, which lacked credibility. They could have had Lois help him some other way & be original rather than copying a previous episode.

Comment

• Just watched this for the first time! I'm giving it an 8 out 10 because it didn't really hold my interest all the way through. I blame my CW affiliate for screwing up every Friday and forcing me to watch Smallville online.

But....I loved any scenes with Lois, she was funny and adorable. I was really sad that Clark and her weren't really "together" when they were with Martha.

The Book of Rao nonsense has me all confused in typical Smallville "mysterious disk" style, but whatever I'll take whatever it gives me haha

BUT NEXT WEEK = AMAZINGNESS

Comment

• Great episode! Gave it a ten! Here's an interesting review.
          http:// https://www.smallvilleph.com/2010/05...eview-hostage/

Comment

• another great epsiode I would say 9/10... I have loved the end run of episodes for this season, the stroylines (ships aside) are coming along very nicely and coherently...really looking forward to the finale...despite less marketing than last year...guess better storytelling will do that huh?

Comment

• Has anyone seen Cedric for the last few episodes? I haven't caught any of his reviews and wondered if he's been spotted anywhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kycowgirl92176
                Has anyone seen Cedric for the last few episodes? I haven't caught any of his reviews and wondered if he's been spotted anywhere?
                I've been kind of MIA myself, but have looked for his reviews. Here's hoping he's all right and back in action asap.

Comment

• LOVED it. Martha Kent and Perry White returning gives any episode a 10 for me!! I missed Ma Kent so much, and it was nice kinda being back to the old days. I don't mind her being the Red Queen, though I admit, her antics as the RQ is a very different Martha than the one we all knew and loved; trashing Lois's place, pointing guns at people and using green K on Clark, but it's all from a mother's love and doing anything to protect her son, so I bought all that. It was lovely to see Clark and Martha reunited. And Perry was awesome. Loved the Lois-Perry stuff. Loved the Chlark scene as Chloe realizes that she wants to be in the real world, finally some Chloe retribution. It was great to see Clark figuring out that Martha is the Red Queen all by himself, as most information has been pretty much been handed to him of late. And the ending. Oh my god. Great acting all round, lovely directing. TW looked as hot and gorgeous as ever.

Didn't like the Tess/Oliver/Lord Maxwell stuff, felt very out of place, but it wasn't bad enough to lower the 10 score for me.

Can't wait for Salvation next week!

Comment

• Liv, like you I've been watching S9 on E4. Although I really enjoyed the first half of the season, after Absolute Justice it felt like some of the momentum was lost. But Hostage was a real return to form! Just having AO'T on screen immediately gave the episode a classic feel. And of course Perry White's return was just awesome - especially the dialogue with Lois. Martha's conversations with Clark, particularly the one at the end, took me back to the golden age of Smallville - that last scene reminded me of Memoria and that powerful theme of what mother's will do for their sons (and vice versa - I loved how Clark forgave Martha straight away). Like you say - can't wait for Salvation (or indeed S10)!

By the way, why did Clark feel the need to punch a hole in the wall of his own house when looking for the Book of Rao?!

Comment

• OMG! i was shoked to see that Martha was the Red Queen. She kicks so much butt. I always loved Martha but i love how she just shows up to help Clark. Love it!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎