Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Hostage"

Talk about the effects from the episode here!

should have some good ones tonight.

Comment

Liked Clark catching the sign, and the superspeed interception of Vala...god I hate her after "Sacrifice"...

Comment

yea the superspeed/catch was great. Beyond that wasnt that many sfx shots tonight.

Comment

Even though there weren't many special effects tonight... that doesn't matter. Why? Because the story was good. Recently, in my opinion, the story has been weak and lacking, so the lack of special effects was much more noticeable. If I don't have the best story to entertain me I can sometimes find my entertainment in the special effects. But in recent episodes both story and effects were lacking. But with this episode it had such a great story that it didn't need a bunch of special effects to make me happy. Besides, it had such beautiful lighting throughout the whole thing, thanks to the awesome Glen Winter.

I think my favorite effect was Clark ripping of the door of the limo and throwing it into the camera/screen. It's been done better in the past, but it was still cool. I also really liked the opening of the window in Watchtower. Beautiful shot there.

Comment

I liked the shaky effect of the Tess scenes. At first it didn't make sense seeing those scenes juxtaposed with the Kent Farm, but then we realize that Maxwell Lord is inside Tess' head messing with her.

Comment

yea that did look cool.

Comment

I really liked Clark ripping off the limo door.

Comment

What effects?

Comment

I really liked Tess' scenes when Maxwell was messing with her head... That was my favourite part.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎