No announcement yet.

Who does Chloe more resemble in the comics Lana or Lois

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who does Chloe more resemble in the comics Lana or Lois

So initially Chloe was suppose to be created as a Lois Lane archetype as the intrepid reporter before they snuck Lois on to the show. But she also shares some of comic Lana's characteristics, the girl who Clark regarded as half pal/half pest in high school, who had an unrequited love for him, and would learn his secret at the end of high school (though Clark voluntarily told Lana his secret in the comics) so who do you Chloe has more in common with from the comics Lana or Lois.
    Lana
    0%
    Lois
    0%
    Neither she may share a few traits but even from the beginning she was her own
    0%
    She's a equal hybrid of both before the character derailment started in season 6
    0%

Chloe is way more Lana'ish then she ever was Lois(the only similarity with lois would be the reporting thing). That being said by S5-7 the whole sidekick thing was not really like any character in the Superman comics(thankfully for the comics) but she did have some traits of some Jimmy Olsen/Pete Ross(I would argue you this to S4)/Kent Parents in those seasons. The past couple seasons she seemed to morph into Barbara Gordon(without the batsuit).

You can probably add a few other characters Chloe borrows from

Lucy Lane - relative of Lois' dating Jimmy
    Perry White - Clark's editor
    Letitia Lerner - Superman's babysitter

She is sort of like some Frankenstein hybrid creation of many characters on Smallville. lol
    Last edited by Supsfan; 05-14-2010, 03:49 AM.

Comment

I would say neither, sure she shares some qualities with the two but everyone has things in common, over all I must say Chloe is her own

Comment

both

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
          Chloe is way more Lana'ish then she ever was Lois(the only similarity with lois would be the reporting thing). That being said by S5-7 the whole sidekick thing was not really like any character in the Superman comics(thankfully for the comics) but she did have some traits of some Jimmy Olsen/Pete Ross(I would argue you this to S4)/Kent Parents in those seasons. The past couple seasons she seemed to morph into Barbara Gordon(without the batsuit).

You can probably add a few other characters Chloe borrows from

Lucy Lane - relative of Lois' dating Jimmy
          Perry White - Clark's editor
          Letitia Lerner - Superman's babysitter

She is sort of like some Frankenstein hybrid creation of many characters on Smallville. lol
          I think, even more recently, you can add Batman to that list.

Chloe is a mixture of everything, and is sort of whatever Clark needs at the time, even when he doesn't realize he needs it. She's definitely is a tried and true friend.

Comment

Lois since she had the torch and worked at the daily planet. Clark told her secert so she was a companion before Lois came into his life.

Comment

Chloe Sullivan was not very original character as she borrowed from many already existing Superman comics characters. EVen her last name is taken from the address Clark and Lois used to live in. The one character she reminds the most is Lana Lang.

Edit: who is the blonde in the picture? Is it Chloe err I mean... Lana?
              Last edited by Superboogie; 02-05-2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Lana.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎