No announcement yet.

This episode's title

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This episode's title

I wonder if the title of the episode was a comparison that refers to the fact that the Winchesters know Lucifer & his intentions but don't know Crowley's intentions. Or if it solely referred to how Crowley knew of Lucifer's intentions and how he spread that knowledge to Brady along with all the tactics he used to help the Winchesters stop Lucifer.

I think it refers to Brady being Sam's "devil on his shoulder" from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
      I think it refers to Brady being Sam's "devil on his shoulder" from the beginning.
      Yeah I agree. Brady even said that even back in his sophomore year, Sam had a devil on his shoulder. Brady in this episode was the "devil" and Sam thought he knew him but he really didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by kryptonhero25
        Yeah I agree. Brady even said that even back in his sophomore year, Sam had a devil on his shoulder. Brady in this episode was the "devil" and Sam thought he knew him but he really didn't.
        One thing that didn't make sense to me is Brady's importance. Rather than being a devil on Sam's shoulder he seemed more of a presence that passed by & got things rolling by killing Jessica. He didn't do anything that made Sam go evil like Ruby did in season 4. Sam did spend a lot of his time trying to get him out of whatever problem he had (I think he said he started drinking or something). But none of that was bad. So my problem is how Brady was meant to be a devil on his shoulder when he didn't get him to do anything bad, which is what a devil on someone's shoulder typically does. Introducing Sam to Jessica got her killed, but Sam didn't have any bad intentions about it.

I'm also not sure what I think about Brady being explained as Jessica's killer since I'm pretty sure Azazel took credit for it in an earlier episode when he talked about what he had to do to get Sam back in the game. And the whole image of Azazel being the one who killed her is what fueled so much of Sam's anger, hatred & desire to kill Azazel in the earlier seasons. I always thought pinning people to ceilings was his thing, though I could accept that he taught Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
          One thing that didn't make sense to me is Brady's importance. Rather than being a devil on Sam's shoulder he seemed more of a presence that passed by & got things rolling by killing Jessica. He didn't do anything that made Sam go evil like Ruby did in season 4. Sam did spend a lot of his time trying to get him out of whatever problem he had (I think he said he started drinking or something). But none of that was bad. So my problem is how Brady was meant to be a devil on his shoulder when he didn't get him to do anything bad, which is what a devil on someone's shoulder typically does. Introducing Sam to Jessica got her killed, but Sam didn't have any bad intentions about it.
          The importance has to do with Sam more than anything. The fact that Sam had a demon in his midst for so long and it was someone who he thought was his best friend is the real, "wow, I thought I knew you" moment. Maybe the episode should have been titled, "The Devil You Don't Know"

Comment

Originally posted by kryptonhero25
            The importance has to do with Sam more than anything. The fact that Sam had a demon in his midst for so long and it was someone who he thought was his best friend is the real, "wow, I thought I knew you" moment. Maybe the episode should have been titled, "The Devil You Don't Know"
            Yeah, that title would have been much more appropriate.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎