Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 8 Fanfic Episode Guide

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Lis . Still wondering if I should add one more image in the previously on for the last two episodes. One showing Clark having 'the strength of ten men'.

Comment

• hoooooolyyy ****, it's been a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by sil3nt
        hoooooolyyy ****, it's been a while.
        Speak of the devil...or something. I had actually planned to PM you and the rest of the writers to extend my thanks and explain what's been going on since you guys left haha.

Not sure if you ever read the rewritten "Fear"--yes I finally finished it lol. I took a lot of inspiration from your feedback and outline and went from there. I also finished "Homecoming" for Matt since he didn't seem to be coming back.

Comment

• I think I forgot to add a poll for "Temperature". I had gone back and add polls to most of all our stories.

Comment

• I totally forgot about this place 'til just because i wanted to see what others thought of the finale.

ugh, "fear", sooo sorry about that. we were meant to rewrite it together, but i guess i was too occupied and pulled a yaseen and didn't remember about the commitment here. Once again, I apologize for suddenly vanishing and dumping the work on you.

i havn't read any of the new material after i finished temperature. I think I may have read Disaster, assuming thats the tsunami one, don't really remember it. I'll be giving most of these a re read soon in the holidays, can't wait to see what you came up with.

Comment

• Originally posted by sil3nt
              I totally forgot about this place 'til just because i wanted to see what others thought of the finale.

ugh, "fear", sooo sorry about that. we were meant to rewrite it together, but i guess i was too occupied and pulled a yaseen and didn't remember about the commitment here. Once again, I apologize for suddenly vanishing and dumping the work on you.

i havn't read any of the new material after i finished temperature. I think I may have read Disaster, assuming thats the tsunami one, don't really remember it. I'll be giving most of these a re read soon in the holidays, can't wait to see what you came up with.
              I hear ya.

It's okay I understand. Besides, I kept stalling on us writing it together because of being in a finale writing mindset. Also, we had various delays with many stories too. And I was even tempted to just forget about the stories because ideas weren't coming easy and most of our readers had even gone. But something in me said 'no, I have to finish this' lol.

Yes, "Disaster" is the Tsunami one. Cool. Look forward to reading your feedback on the other stories. I hope all the other writers will come back too!
              Last edited by Vergon6; 05-14-2011, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• I have finally written another fanfic. It is another one-shot. It is not a previously unreleased deleted scene, but it's intended to be an 'off-screen moment' set during the events of Matt's (SuperShazam!!) story, "Endgame". This is obviously written 2 years after Matt posted that story, but you can consider it canon for our fanfic, to make the evolution of some arcs flow more naturally.:
                Authors: Vergon6 Pairings: Lois and Clark Rating: PG Spoilers: The only ones relevant would be from my Season 8 fanfic (https://www.ksitetv.com/forums/forum/smallville/smallville-creative-endeavors/smallville-fan-fiction/general-action-adventure-and-other/71858-season-8-fanfic-episode-guide). In particular, this is a follow-up

Comment

• Someone voted in the poll to bump the thread. I would love to hear from whoever did and ask them to share why the voted the way they did. We haven't had much activity in the thread lately, so it would be good to hear from some people haha.

Comment

• Oh just to let you know, I have posted the first part of a fanfic that I had never finished as a one-shot in the Clois subforum. It's called "The Best Ones...". It would have been the very beginning of a movie fanfic set about two years after "Destiny" but prior to the one-shot "Leo", which is set in the same universe. As I noted in the author's note: I wrote this several months ago but have not worked on the parent fic recently. Some of the dialogue may be not perfect, or perhaps romantic situations are depicted as too perfect, please let me know if I can make any adjustments. I never finished that fic and it would have tentatively been called Darkness Falls. If someone wants my notes and would like to finish that fic on my behalf (most of it is not written), please contact me. You would need to know the Season 8 fanfic though.

Without further ado, here is "The Best Ones...":
                    http://www.ksitetv.com/forums/showth...nes-(One-Shot)

Comment

• I have been glancing at the old stories from time to time, which makes me nostalgic for those times but also I noticed things that I wish we could have fine tuned. We had some pre-planning for things, but I think there is a some things I would have definitely changed. For example, loosening the restrictions on the use of Lex, having Davis more developed rather than shoe-horning him in at times, and if Andrew had thought of "Temperature" earlier, I think I would have liked to have that earlier in the season. Maybe have an explanation of how John Corben was surviving without the meteor rock heart. Was he barely hanging on life support? What kind of tests did he go through while Sean Kelvin was the current model of Project Metallo?

Lois temporarily learning the secret (before clark told her) would probably have happened earlier too, and Clark would have worn the thin rimmed glasses more often. Maybe have a return of General Lane and have an earlier exploration of Project Injustice. We were at times all over the place with regards to Lois and Clark's feelings for each other, and with Chloe's new power, I felt like I flip flopped on it and had to retcon it a bit to say her powers were on the fritz. Don't get me started on my issues with my own "Alter", aside from the Clark/Jimmy subplot ala "Prey".

I felt like I also disregarded or had completely forgotten some things when writing "Homecoming" as it seemed like everyone else wanted a more robotic Metallo, like Sean Kelvin in "Temperature". I also forgot that Jacob had written a line about Oliver and his team describing themselves in the past as a 'league of justice' before introduced the idea in "Destiny". Perhaps me and Jacob should have also made some reference to Sean Kelvin in our episodes as well, to make the characters make that connection. I think at the time I was too focused or distracted by spelling mistakes in Jacob's story. Upon reflection, I had tons of spelling mistakes in my stories and I don't know why I seemed so hard on him. He did a nice job with "Infiltration" with some nice nods to past episodes (eg. the scene with GA and Boyscout on the Daily Planet roof reminded me of "Insurgence") and character and plot development. You could see Tess' knowledge of the effects of meteor rock translate into Matt's original start to "Homecoming" as well, that started with Jacob's episode.
                      Last edited by Vergon6; 07-15-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• I know how you feel David. But overall the season came out great. And I want to start re reading the episodes myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rival X The Great
                          I know how you feel David. But overall the season came out great. And I want to start re reading the episodes myself.
                          Thanks. There are few things that have been bugging me about Surprise lately. I know I'm silly to get hung up on old stories but I realized there is stuff I don't quite understand about the story, maybe I missed something. What exactly was the purpose of constructing an elaborate room with Lex's location on a single USB key hanging from the ceiling? Was that meant to be a trap for Boy Scout and the team? Was Tess messing with them? I think there was a trap involved with infiltration and that's why we had my story in between. Also if Tess knew the location and knew Lex was alive, then why did she need Christopher who could resurrect Lex? It is suggested that Lex knew all about what has been going on in his absence too. I don't quite remember but that little bit maybe why I decided to suggest that Lex had been in contact with Regan without Tess' knowledge later on. There is also a glaring continuity error that maybe explained by the episode order change. When Clark finds the hangar, he finds papers that are related to project metallo. However the story states the project name means nothing to him. But Oliver and Clark find about it in Infiltration, 2 episodes earlier! For future readers, I thought correcting that error but having the pages related to Corben or phase 2 hastily ripped away as if Lex took them with him. Maybe leave a reference to Sean kelvin, which was the earlier prototype. The lack of Sean Kelvin references could be explained by sil3nt rewriting his story later on. However Calum read Infiltration before posting his story.
                          Last edited by Vergon6; 08-17-2013, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• I went ahead and fixed some of the continuity issues, especially in regards to references to Temperature and Infiltration. I even added more to Tess and Lex's talks in Homecoming to explain why Corben had more humanity than Sean Kelvin did. Basically Tess has started to feel guilty about what she has become in Lex's name. Corben wasn't as far gone as Kelvin and she wanted him to retain some humanity.

One thing I noticed is Dax-Ur is mentioned offhand as being a guest of Jor-el when he talks to the council in Endgame. However, Dax-Ur had been on Earth since the 19th century. I had noted he gave his perception filter notes to an ancestor from the House of el, which still makes sense given the timeline. I guess we could say that Jor-el brought him back to krypton briefly before Krypton's destruction. Not sure though.

when did lex first use the name Kryptonite? Or had he ever on the show? Despite him not remembering his time in the arctic I had him refer to the rock as that when asking a battle damaged Metallo to join his team in Doom. I thought it sounded better than meteor rock but not sure if that's a continuity error. Maybe the Veritas journals could explain it? Or did Brainiac tell him at some point? I figured Lex would not remember the fake Kara conversation at that point. Not sure if lex would know Kara's secret now too or if he would figure out it was brainiac. Though she did save him herself in bizarro. My head is spinning lol

Comment

• I know this isn't much, but for my 25,000th post (dear god lol), I will be posting what I had left from the "Darkness Falls" movie fanfic I never finished. I last worked on back in 2011. The first part of it appears on the site as 'The Best Ones', a Clois one-shot thttp://www.ksitetv.com/forums/showth...nes-(One-Shot). Here is the rest of it. I know it's a big tease that we never got to see what Kara was up. Sorry. As an aside, Luthor's right-hand man in this is someone Chloe was following around as an internet reporter in the Jimmy Olsen one-shot comic (the one appearance of Chloe in the comics pre-Smallville comics):

Meanwhile, Lois and Jimmy were still trying to break through the barrier of security between her and Lex. “Listen, I’m not going to explain this again. I’m Lois Lane, one of the Daily Planet’s star reporters. Surely, Lex can take a moment out of his busy schedule to talk to me.”

“I’m sorry, but Mr. Luthor is not taking any questions today,” the security guard reported.

Lois let out a frustrated sigh. “Then why did he decide to make an extended appearance well before his speech in front of a room filled with reporters!”

Behind the two security guards emerged a younger man in his mid to late 20s. “What seems to be the problem?”

“Lois Lane, Daily Planet.”

“Sebastian Mallory,” the man answered back. “How may I help you?”

“All I wanted to do is get a word with Lex, not with his new golden boy, Junior Executive,” Lois explained, still annoyed.

“I’m sorry but that’s not going to possible,” Sebastian insisted.

“Come on, it’s freedom of the press!” Jimmy exclaimed, finally letting his own frustration out. He got a bad vibe from this Sebastian guy, he didn’t like him. Given Mallory’s disapproving glare, the feeling was mutual.

Finally, Lex emerged from behind his security. “That’s quite alright, Sebastian. I can take it from here. I’m always up for catching with old friends.” He smirked.

“We were never friends, Lex,” Lois snapped. “And besides, if you were so up for talking, why all this thin blue line crap?”

“Come now, Lois. I would think living all those years under the General’s roof would’ve taught you a little something about strategy,” Lex countered. “Letting an aggressive opponent stew for awhile allows you to turn the tables on them and gain the upper hand.”

Lois looked unimpressed with Lex as Jimmy started to snap photos. “Whatever. Now that I have you, what can you tell me about your speech tonight?”

“You can’t expect me to lay out all my cards on the table do you, Lois?”

“Really? That’s the best you can do?” Lois questioned Lex. “Cut the cat and mouse game.”

“It would be no fun otherwise,” Lex responded, with a devious grin on his face. “Well, I will say this. We’ve become too complacent with so-called superheroes running around. There may come a time when realize we’ve become too reliant on them, that we’ve put our faith in the wrong people.”

Lois shook her head in disapproval. Lex didn’t know what he was talking about. Not that his opinions were all that surprising.

Across the room, Lana and Clark were still catching up. “How long have you and Lois been living together now?” Lana asked.

“A little over a year,” Clark answered. “It was good of Oliver to offer his loft at Queen Tower to me. Otherwise, it would be hard to afford living in Metropolis. Of course, with Lois there now, with the balcony view she’s always wanted, it’s…perfect.”

“Look at my man, all grown up,” another familiar voice stated from behind him, observing Clark’s professional attire and look.

Clark spun around, “Pete!” he exclaimed as he spotted his friend, with his mother following close behind.

“Hey Clark, long time no see,” Pete responded, hugging him.

“You’re looking well.”

“Thanks. I guess anything is a step up from when I was last in Smallville,” Pete joked.

“Mom!” Clark acknowledged his mother, hugging her too.

“Hey Clark, catching up?” Martha asked.

“Yeah.”

Pete put his arm comfortably around Lana’s waist. “You know Clark, you’re mom is quite something. She’s taught me so much already, and I haven’t even started my internship.”

Martha blushed. “It’s easy with a good student.”

Pete smiled. “Clark, if you and Lois are free, Lana and I would like to take you guys out for lunch. The Senator and Jimmy are welcome to…”

Pete was abruptly cut off as everything went pitch black. A few moments later, the emergency lights came on, although, the room was still very dimly lit. They could hear Lois call out from across the room “What the hell?”

Through the confusion, everyone started chattering, trying to see if they could get any cell phone reception to see what was going on.

“Can you hear anything?” Martha asked her son.

Clark listened intently, trying to filter out all the background noise of hundreds of voice. He eventually found something of use. A man had managed to get some a low analog signal on his phone. “What do you mean half the state is out of power? How is that possible? They think the drain is coming from Niagara Falls?”

“What is it?” Lana wondered.

“Half of New York state is affected. They think the problem is coming from the Niagara Falls Hydroelectric Power Plant,” Clark explained.

“Go,” Martha urged.

Shielded by relative darkness, Clark begin unbuttoning his shirt and loosening his tie. Martha could barely make out him nodding before he disappeared in a flash before her eyes.

1400 miles away, Kara weaved majestically through the skies above Metropolis, her left arm outstretched in front of her. She had agreed to patrol her cousin’s home city while he was away in New York.
                              Last edited by Vergon6; 10-01-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎