Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Charade"

Talk about the episode's special effects!

i hope we get some good ones.

Comment

I haven't seen the episode yet, but i bet its gonna be awesome!!!

Comment

i think it'll be good with the previews we've had so far!

Comment

Clark's slo-mo jump through the machine was pretty cool, but other than that we didn't really have much. I kept thinking throughout this episode, "Does this show even have a budget anymore?" Not that big effects were really needed for this story, but still. Hope it's just one of those episodes where they're saving up money for a bigger episode (like the finale).

Comment

i loved the blur in the alley and the rooftop scene, and then of course in the lab save scene was wicked cool. Also lord's mind reading powers looked cool.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

i am sure their budget is fine, sure its lower in the past few yrs but they still do some great stuff with budget they have. Also i am sure they still had plently of money for the finale when they filmed it.
            Last edited by superspider02; 04-23-2010, 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
              i loved the blur in the alley and the rooftop scene, and then of course in the lab save scene was wicked cool. Also lord's mind reading powers looked cool.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

i am sure their budget is fine, sure its lower in the past few yrs but they still do some great stuff with budget they have. Also i am sure they still had plently of money for the finale when they filmed it.

I agree on all counts. They've been using the effects lately very judiciously and in all the right places. Doesn't seem to be very gratuitous use of effects, which I like. I thought they did an excellent job tonight. Oliver's "Blur" with the red cape looked cgi in Identity...Clark's profile on the roof tonight, did not. I thought they did great.

Comment

yea.

Comment

The 3-D model was very intriguing. Did it show Clark's face?

Comment

Originally posted by Nanda Lane
                    The 3-D model was very intriguing. Did it show Clark's face?
                    Yeah it did and I think it meant that Lois maybe deep down actually knows that Clark is the blur.

I also liked the alley scene and am thinking there are suggestions that his jumps are more flightlike. We see the scene where the goon has just grabbed Lois and you hear the whoosh and the guy is being lifted into the air.

At that time you don't see who actually does this to him and for a moment I thought it could have been Zod becasue Lois did leave a voicemail on the "blur's" phone asking that he provide backup for her.

We then see that it is actually Clark as he and the goon end up away from Lois behind a transluscent barrier. Once Clark disposes of the guy he lifts off to the roof top. The style of his lift off looked similar to recent lift-offs by the Martian-Manhandler and even Zod.

Yeah they are using SFX judiciously but we've seen some good stuff. I thought Zod's attempted takeout of Metallo in the trailer last week was also pretty well done.

Has anyone played back the scene where the Blur rescues Lois from Maxwell Lord, as he "jumps' across the room and through the hologram column. If you advance this jump fram by frame it it quite revealing. I acknowledge its still a jump but he assumes the classic Superman flight pose as he uses a clenched fist to punch his way through that column. What you also see is that his blur jacket flares out like a cap and the inner lining of his jacket had a light red hue to it, He really looks like Superman. Again, you need to find the clip and advance it frame by frame to catch this effect.
                    Last edited by techtweeter; 04-24-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

My favorite was Clark moving through the hologram and matching up with it. Genius

Comment

What else was there?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎