No announcement yet.

Jesus!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus!!

Has anyone else find it weird that there has been no mention of Jesus? although I think tonight Gabriel did say something about Lucifer being the favorite one until dad brought the new baby home.

I think by "new baby," he meant humans. I think the reason for keeping Jesus out of this is that it allows a more broad interpretation of Judeo-Christian mythology. If you bring in Jesus, you'd have to get into his intentions and motivations. It'd bring huge element into an already crowded mythology. Kripke & Co. have kept it together so far, but I think it would be hard to figure out where he fits in the pecking order.

The closest thing we've heard about it was Cas in S4 saying that it's the first time they've been on Earth in 2,000 years

Comment

Supernatural isn't a super-religious show, so I can see why Kripke doesn't include Jesus. There has been mentions of him and what not, but again, Jesus isn't a prominent figure in the Apocalypse. It comes down to the basics with Supernatural: God, Lucifer and Michael. Jesus and the Holy Spirit are only used as "saviors" for sinners and what not; and that circles around the whole 'Mark of the Beast'(where evil men take the mark, good men don't take the mark and pray for salvation).

Comment

Said it before, but I think for simplicity's sake God will just be God, not divvied up. Yeah there has been a LOT of Christian mythology in Supernatural (and hey, we see Jesus everytime they make Holy Water...he's on the rosary) but it's just too complicated.

Unless next season is Dean and Sam trying to get God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit to all come together again because they had a spat and now they don't talk anymore.

But I did think Jesus for a second with the new baby. I think they mean humans though. It would add some to the Lucifer character though, if you think about it. Imagine his disgust at the idea of God BECOMING human. It would be really interesting to see a Lucifer commentary on that.

Comment

Originally posted by smeyer44
          I think by "new baby," he meant humans.
          I thought the same thing when I heard that.

Comment

One could view it either way though.

It could've hinted Jesus, and one can see it that way, or just as a way to mean humans.

Comment

Although I do think Micheal is Jesus....

----- Added 42 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
              One could view it either way though.

It could've hinted Jesus, and one can see it that way, or just as a way to mean humans.
              Jesus is suppose to be the first Angel god ever created though....
              Last edited by pizzahead2490; 04-23-2010, 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
                Supernatural isn't a super-religious show, so I can see why Kripke doesn't include Jesus. There has been mentions of him and what not, but again, Jesus isn't a prominent figure in the Apocalypse. It comes down to the basics with Supernatural: God, Lucifer and Michael. Jesus and the Holy Spirit are only used as "saviors" for sinners and what not; and that circles around the whole 'Mark of the Beast'(where evil men take the mark, good men don't take the mark and pray for salvation).
                why would you say that? he plays a bhuge part the second coming of Jesus and it is said he will come to earth and deg=feat the Anti-Christ

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
                Although I do think Micheal is Jesus....

----- Added 42 Seconds later -----

Jesus is suppose to be the first Angel god ever created though....
                isn't Lucifer Supposed to be the 1st Angel and then michael, Gabriel, Raphael and in the bible it states Gabriel foretold the birth of Jesus i believe
                Last edited by Carnagefan88; 04-23-2010, 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It is believed that when they say "Michael and his Angels" that they are referring to Jesus. Jesus would be the name given to him on the earth. shrug

Comment

Originally posted by Carnagefan88
                    why would you say that? he plays a bhuge part the second coming of Jesus and it is said he will come to earth and deg=feat the Anti-Christ

isn't Lucifer Supposed to be the 1st Angel and then michael, Gabriel, Raphael and in the bible it states Gabriel foretold the birth of Jesus i believe
                    Gabriel foretold Jesus when Jesus was suppose to be born on earth but the bible did say that Jesus helped god create everything...Gods master worker in heaven before he came on earth.
                    John 1:3 I believe... can we quote scriptures on this site?

Comment

You know, it's really fascinating when you go into the mythology of religion. I get so caught up in the nature of religion and the nature of worship that sometimes i forget that the bible is a very interesting read.

I did think he meant Jesus with that line, because he specifically said about him being brought home... which Jesus was when he died. Humans haven't been brought home so i don't see how it could be them, but i guess it could just be a weird choice of words or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnagefan88

Did they really write in the bible that Jesus is suppose to defeat the Anti-Christ?

Comment

I believe it is written in revelations that in the field of Armageddon that Jesus and his army will destroy Lucifer and his arm, and bringing on 1000 years of peace on earth.fficeffice" />>>
                          As far as Jesus being Michael I will have to disagree. Jesus is not an angle, Jesus is God. In Christianity God is 3 (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) so when they refer to God I believe they are referring to the holy trinity. Other wise it would make no sense not to mention him considering we have seen holy water and crucifixes, as well as the Anti-Christ on the show. Can’t have an Anti-Christ with out Christ.>>
                          >>

Comment

Originally posted by Nike
                            I believe it is written in revelations that in the field of Armageddon that Jesus and his army will destroy Lucifer and his arm, and bringing on 1000 years of peace on earth.fficeffice" />>>
                            As far as Jesus being Michael I will have to disagree. Jesus is not an angle, Jesus is God. In Christianity God is 3 (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) so when they refer to God I believe they are referring to the holy trinity. Other wise it would make no sense not to mention him considering we have seen holy water and crucifixes, as well as the Anti-Christ on the show. Can’t have an Anti-Christ with out Christ.>>
                            >>
                            Not every christian religion believe in the trinity.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎