Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Gabriel let himself be killed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Gabriel let himself be killed?

If he could really see the future as he's boasted about, then he should have known how his showdown with Lucifer was going to go.

Why not just have an real-like avatar face Lucifer and then he would be alive to keep doing whatever it is he does in off-screensville?

I'm sure there's a bigger picture reason for his death tonight, but just really curious as to what it will be.

That's what I thought. He could have made several fake copies of himself rather than just one.

He's the first archangel who died so far. It would be cool if that was just another fake Trickster who died & the real Trickster went back to Heaven after meeting up with God on Earth & being told to stop helping the Winchesters, but the death looked pretty final. I don't know.

Seeing one of God's own archangel children being killed didn't sit well with me, especially since most likely none of the other archangels will die (except for maybe Raphael). I just don't think he'd let that happen, but that appears to be the case. I expected seeing many more sets of wings after he died.

Comment

I think Gabriel just said he saw the future or whatever just to get Kali and the others to run and hide as he knows how powerful Lucifer is even in a Plan B vessel. But at least he did get Kali to leave.

And he did use that copy route, but still got ganked.

What is strange to me is that I suppose an angel's heart is in the stomach area?

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        That's what I thought. He could have made several fake copies of himself rather than just one.

He's the first archangel who died so far. It would be cool if that was just another fake Trickster who died & the real Trickster went back to Heaven after meeting up with God on Earth & being told to stop helping the Winchesters, but the death looked pretty final. I don't know.

Seeing one of God's own archangel children being killed didn't sit well with me, especially since most likely none of the other archangels will die (except for maybe Raphael). I just don't think he'd let that happen, but that appears to be the case. I expected seeing many more sets of wings after he died.
        That would have been awesome if we saw more wings.

----- Added 30 Minutes later -----

I did like how the other gods knew of Gabriel as Loki.
        Last edited by Spirit Detective; 04-22-2010, 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i felt bad I was like Gab died twice in the same night

Comment

It was all apart of the plan. *can imagine him saying that and putting emphasis on the word plan, in that funny way he does*

Comment

My guess is that Gabriel, not some carbon-copy, had to be the one to stab Lucifer in order to kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by smeyer44
                My guess is that Gabriel, not some carbon-copy, had to be the one to stab Lucifer in order to kill him.
                I agree with you on this.

Comment

Originally posted by smeyer44
                  I thought about that. Makes sense.

But still, I know Dean can be pretty emotionally persuasive with his words when he wants to be, but how did we get the big '180' from Changing Channels to Hammer of the Gods, in terms of how Gabriel felt about Lucifer and Sam/Dean being the vessels of Lucifer/Michael? Not to mention his feelings/beliefs about which side he told Lucifer he was on.

Comment

I bet we'll see him again at the very end of the apocalypse stuff, God will bring him back. I think he had to go, cuz Cas is enough of a power player on the team, having Gabe woulda made anything other than Lucifer easy as pie.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎