Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of The Last Recruit?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of The Last Recruit?

what did you think?
    10 - good
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - bad
    0%

I gave this episode a 10! I loved every minute of it and it was very suspenseful at all times! Soo glad Sun and Jin are now reunited and can't wait for the final 5 episodes of the series!

Comment

It wasn't perfect so I can't give this a 10, but it's getting a 9. This felt like a Lost episode. It felt like a final season episode. This is what should've been happening this season. More emphasis on the war and less on the flash-sideways.

Comment

I loved it..I'm really liking this season.
        This ep set up things instead of actually having much happen. Loved the Sun and Jin reunion.

Comment

Last nights was bad.... May have been good for a season 4 or 5 but we have 4 episodes to go and they hand out that, plus no ep next week?... But I'm glad to have some closure on some things. Sun & Jin together? FINALLY we can put that lame duck to a rest. Was this reunion supposed to inspire tears or something? I thought this was a one of the weaker episodes of the season. Nothing was really answered that was unexpected.

Christian = MiB? Not a huge surprise
          Jin and Sun meet back up on island - Not a huge surprise
          Jack and Sawyer not agreeing what to do - Not a huge surprise
          ALT-World, people coming together - Not huge surprise

With a week off, this did nothing to hold me over counting the minutes until the next episode other than Jack being claimed.

And as for Flocke/Smokie... how is it he can rip trees out of the dam ground but can't manage to get around that (standing on the sand) new sonic fence...? We saw him knock a bolder down at Brham to get him out of the ash, yet these pylons are standing on SAND and he can't do anything...? UGH just a bad show last night...

Comment

I see your point but we haven't learned much at all this season. I mean what did we learn in the Hurley episode? Or Sawyer's episode? Or Jin/Sun's episode? Almost nothing. This episode was refreshing for me to see them progress the island story which has been at a stand still since smokie killed all the people in the temple 7 episodes ago.

Comment

To add to McFly's complaints.... Even what they did with Desmond/Sayid was cliche/predictable writing. Desmond playing the card he did to "weasel" his way out of getting shot was so cheesy. And honestly, Sayid should be way past such sentimental notions making a dent with him. (I mean what is he, a chick? lol j/k) Sayid should have just said "Nice try" and blown his freaking head off. But obviously he let Desmond live and likely freed him. And clearly Sayid, along with Claire, are well on their way to redemption and thus are playing their parts in Jacob's grand scheme of proving old man FLocke wrong about the nature of mankind, or what have you.

Even AU Locke ending up with Jack as his doctor (or "fixer") was overly straightforward, linear writing. Feels like we're being spoon-fed/coddled...but last time I checked I'm not wearing a bib. lol Anyway I still enjoyed the episode but I expect more from this show...I expect to be blown away, traumatized. lol This final season has been a letdown for the most part for me, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given the show's been going downhill since season 4.

Anyway an 8 for me, but really we should be getting nothing but 10's by this point. Lazy writing in some respects. It's like they know it's the last season so they're not really trying anymore.
              Last edited by Xanderman; 04-21-2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

It was alright...I'm just ready to see how it all unfolds. It's probably why I skip the viewing on Tuesdays and wait until Wednesdays to watch the episode on ondemand in HD. I will watch the series finale on the same day, though. Hopefully it will be epic?

Which by the way how many episodes left? I lost count.

Comment

There are 5 episodes left

Comment

It was a set-up episode, which didn't come as great surprise. It was ok, a bit rushed in a few moments, but I liked it.

what I didn't like was the Jack/Locke confrontation. Jack asked Smokey if he disguised himself as Christian three days after the crash and Locke confirmed it. When he asked why, Smokey answered because they needed water. Fine. But why didn't Jack (and previously the others) ask False-Locke why he killed all the people he did since they crashed on the island? For example, why did he kill the pilot (Grunberg) in the first episode? And what about all the other deaths?
                    And why didn't he ask him how he coul dmaterialize as Christian in Jack's living room (or wherever it was) after they went home (thus starting Jack's downward spiral), seeing as he says he's been trapped on that island for ages?

It seems to be that out losties never ask Smokey the right questions!

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianAngel
                      what I didn't like was the Jack/Locke confrontation. Jack asked Smokey if he disguised himself as Christian three days after the crash and Locke confirmed it. When he asked why, Smokey answered because they needed water. Fine. But why didn't Jack (and previously the others) ask False-Locke why he killed all the people he did since they crashed on the island? For example, why did he kill the pilot (Grunberg) in the first episode? And what about all the other deaths?
                      And why didn't he ask him how he coul dmaterialize as Christian in Jack's living room (or wherever it was) after they went home (thus starting Jack's downward spiral), seeing as he says he's been trapped on that island for ages?

It seems to be that out losties never ask Smokey the right questions!
                      Or who he is, what he is, what the island is, what/who Jacob is/was, what the hell his real name is, what in God's name is going on, and why is it that he says he "hates secrets" and yet keeps so damn many of them himself. It's silly. People like Sawyer ask him "What the hell are you" and Smokey responds with Jacob-esque vagueness and non-answers like "what I am is trapped" and other such nonsense. Has Sawyer, or ANYONE ELSE for that matter, ever heard of a little something called, FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS? It's ridiculous, but I suppose a necessary plot device in order to keep the mysteries going. It's definitely a plot hole of magnificent proportions. heh But that's our Lost, love it or leave it.

Comment

Yes, this is Lost. But if you think about it they used the same plot device in Smallville regarding Clark and Jor-el. In that case Clark got nicknamed BDA, though!

Comment

Therefore in this case we have a bunch of BDL's. Big Dumb Losties. lol

Comment

I spent the last few months watching Lost right through since I'd heard good things and got severely addicted This was another great episode. I think Season 6 has been one of the strongest seasons so far, the alternate universe stuff is awesome. And this episode in particular had some great moments, bringing the characters in that universe closer together. The main story on the island was also fantastic - the war between MiB and Widmore has finally begun!

As for Losties not asking the right questions...I've kinda gotten used to that by now!
                            Last edited by Mars Investigations; 04-26-2010, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎