Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alia, Brainiac & his end game, and the Book of Rao (theory, no spoilers please)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpfort1957
    Great theory!!! I've always believed the voice from the orb to be some version of Brainiac. The voice also was curently aware of the "Beast" and the existence of Brainiac's crystal to open the PZ porthole.
    When Brainiac went back into the past on Krypton, he could have left a drop or two of his ooze in the orb for his own preservation. When speaking to Tess, is was fully capable of male, female, or even multiple voices at the same time.
    While Brainiac did hide himself in Alia, the was atleast one time he used Zod's body. After Alia killed Jor-El, Brainiac used Zod's body to silently superspeed to the the Kent farm and over hear Clark talking to his fathers grave..............then superspeeded away by the time Clark looked up. It was strange to see the grin on Zod's face as he listened.........but could easily picture Brainiac standing there with a grin on his face!!!! Zod would not be happy about Jor-El's death unless he ordered it, and we know the Alia did it on her own. Only Brainiac would a kick out of Jor-El's death and the pain Clark felt.
    The day that Clark defeated Brainiac in "Legion" was a different timeline. Superman will battle Brainiac his entire life.
    Thanks. I don't want to comment about Brainiac going back to Krypton in season 7 & messing with the orb because according to Quest, the orb was stuck in the Luthor mansion fireplace since before it was built (probably at least a century if not longer) while in Kandor, Jor-El was seen making the orb. So I can't comment on that aspect because Brainiac went to Krypton circa 1986 and I have no idea where the orb was in 1986 as of the retconned origin of the orb given in Kandor.

But I do know that the black crystal that Brainiac used to open the Phantom Zone portal to free Zod in Solitude & Clark used to open the portal to throw Davis in the Zone in Beast is a form of Brainiac since Jor-El did say the Black Ship itself & all extensions of it was Brainiac. And my guess is that Brainiac was able to communicate with the technology of the orb & through it, using it as a voicebox/mouthpiece. Any link between the 2 could be a result of both the orb & the black crystal having been placed in/on the Fortress of Solitude's crystal console (the orb was placed on it in Arctic & the crystal was placed in it in Solitude & Beast). Or it could also have to do with Chloe, while she was possessed by Brainiac, manipulating the FoS crystal in Bloodline (while she was sucking Clark & Kara out of the Phantom Zone) so that once the FoS was rebuilt & the next time the black crystal was inserted in the FoS, it would activate a sequence in the orb that would allow the Brainiac in the crystal to speak through the orb. Because the orb had interacted with the Fortress in Arctic, it's possible when the Fortress dissolved back into that crystal, it contained coding/AI from the orb that allowed Brainiac to communicate with it.

You may be right about Brainiac possessing Zod. If he hadn't finished reconstructing his own body by the end of Kandor, then he could have possessed Zod temporarily. For my theory to also explain Alia's powers under both suns, Brainiac in the original timeline (the one that led to the future seen in Pandora) would had to have finished creating his own body by the events seen in Pandora so that the Alia who time traveled with Lois was in fact Brainiac in his own body shapeshifted to look like Alia.

Then again, they could also execute a lazy version of this theory by explaining that Alia's superpowers were a result of being possessed by Brainiac. Last season in Legion, they showed Chloe as being able to superspeed while being possessed by Brainiac. The lazy version of this theory is having Alia's powers under the yellow sun be explained as her being possessed by Brainiac. I call is the lazy version because they would have to go a step further & also explain Alia's heatvision while under the yellow sun (which she used in Savior) as a result of her being possessed by Brainiac. Previously nobody possessed by Brainiac had heatvision & prior to Chloe in Legion nobody possessed by him had any powers whatsoever (not Casey Brock, not Lana, not Dax-Ur, and not Chloe). At worst, they could explain that because Alia is Kryptonian, Brainiac was able to override the blue-k in her body & use her Kryptonian physiology to execute those powers. So this would be the lazy version of my theory because Brainiac reconstructing his own body wouldn't be necessary. This lazy version of my theory could end up with Brainiac ultimately creating hiw own body & multiple copies of himself, one of which possesses Zod & releases General Zod from the Phantom Zone so he (General Zod) could possess Major Zod's body just as the Brainiac copy oozes out of Major Zod's body. But even this lazy version would stem from the same event that the black Brainiac crystal merged with or was absorbed by the orb & was released when the orb opened up.
    Last edited by xrayvision; 04-21-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Man, I will be impressed if the writers have at least some of the aspects of xray's theory, particularly Alia being Brainiac (we all know it makes sense ) and that the transfer medium was the black crystal.

Must go back and view the footage of Jor-El and the wall vent at the farmhouse in Kandor.

Comment

Originally posted by skully
        Man, I will be impressed if the writers have at least some of the aspects of xray's theory, particularly Alia being Brainiac (we all know it makes sense ) and that the transfer medium was the black crystal.

Must go back and view the footage of Jor-El and the wall vent at the farmhouse in Kandor.
        I hate the way they showed that. They could have shown it more close up. You could hardly see what he's doing. I would rather the camera taken Chloe's PoV so that the entire camera would focus on that monitor than show Chloe watching that video from a distance.

Comment

No matter how it gets explained..........Brainiac is the hidden villian of season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            I hate the way they showed that. They could have shown it more close up. You could hardly see what he's doing. I would rather the camera taken Chloe's PoV so that the entire camera would focus on that monitor than show Chloe watching that video from a distance.
            The magnified still-shot that Chloe examines near the end of Kandor clearly shows an octagonal disk with the House-of-El (Superman badge) indentation in the center. As you say, hard to tell whether Jor-El was removing the item or placing it. I agree that removing or retrieving it makes more sense.

I'll see if I can the shot up.

Comment

In the 2nd last scene of Kandor we see Chloe running the tape she had of Jor-El in the farmhouse backwards. I have cropped a series of screencaps (showing just Chloe's monitor) and put them in reverse order, which will show what Jor-El actually did.

But it appears that this particular forum has the image code turned off. If you are interested, you'll need to click on each link. It shows Jor-El handling the Book of Rao, putting it IN the wall vent and walking off.

So it appears that the Book of Rao is either still in the wall vent, or Chloe has it.
              Last edited by skully; 04-21-2010, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpfort1957
                No matter how it gets explained..........Brainiac is the hidden villian of season 9.
                I don't know if the showrunners know what they set up or if they did it by accident, but that's what all the evidence points to.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by skully
                In the 2nd last scene of Kandor we see Chloe running the tape she had of Jor-El in the farmhouse backwards. I have cropped a series of screencaps (showing just Chloe's monitor) and put them in reverse order, which will show what Jor-El actually did.

But it appears that this particular forum has the image code turned off. If you are interested, you'll need to click on each link. It shows Jor-El handling the Book of Rao, putting it IN the wall vent and walking off.

So it appears that the Book of Rao is either still in the wall vent, or Chloe has it.
                Are you sure he didn't pull it out & then put it in his pocket? I don't know why he'd go to Smallville just to put it in the vent. What did he expect to do with it? He had no knowledge of Clark. Did he perhaps know about the House of El crest appearing all over Metropolis?

Anyway, if this is true, then my original hunch was right & that he put it in the vent, which means Chloe has to have it. But what doesn't make sense is his motive for putting it there. He could have destroyed it or buried it in the desert. Or traveled to the Arctic & bury it in ice. If it's true then I'd have to ignore the Book of Rao parts of my theory since the Brainiac part still makes sense.
                Last edited by xrayvision; 04-22-2010, 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Are you sure he didn't pull it out & then put it in his pocket? I don't know why he'd go to Smallville just to put it in the vent. What did he expect to do with it? He had no knowledge of Clark. Did he perhaps know about the House of El crest appearing all over Metropolis?

Anyway, if this is true, then my original hunch was right & that he put it in the vent, which means Chloe has to have it. But what doesn't make sense is his motive for putting it there. He could have destroyed it or buried it in the desert. Or traveled to the Arctic & bury it in ice. If it's true then I'd have to ignore the Book of Rao parts of my theory since the Brainiac part still makes sense.
                  Well, it's hard to be 100% sure due to the grainy nature of the clips and the fact that it was in reverse-fast-motion (hence my screen caps), but I watched it several times, and the sequence-in-reverse (as much of it as we see) starts with the still shot that Chloe blows up (the Book of Rao in Jor-El's hand) with Jor-El looking at it intently, he then appears to put it in an envelope or bag and put it in the vent, shut the vent, get up and walk away.

I agree entirely that your theory makes more sense, but, from what I can see, it looks like he put the disk IN the vent.

And fingers crossed on the Brainiac theory. I'll give the writers kudos if they at least get that "right".

Comment

Hey, xray, I have posted the images from the earlier post in a new thread in the Kandor episode forum (image code is turned on there). It is much easier to see what Jor-El does in the sequence.

The thread is called Reverse sequence of Jor-El at the farmhouse.
                    Last edited by skully; 04-22-2010, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I wanted to thank you for those skully. I saw them in this thread & the other one as well.

By the way, I think Chloe did some rewinding when she checked the footage right? Did you account for any rewinding she did (if she did rewind)?

Comment

The whole sequence is screencaps while she rewound onscreen in fast-motion (we didn't get to see any forward motion of the footage). The rewind stopped at the shot of Jor-El holding the disk (with Chloe blowing it up to see the disk more clearly).

I cropped each screencap to show just Chloe's monitor and posted them in reverse order, thus giving a sequence of what Jor-El actually did.

Comment

^^Thanks for the clarification. If he put it in the duct, then maybe it was because he thought nobody would bother to look at a farm for the Book of Rao. Little did he know that his son lived there & had a certain friend spying on him.

Comment

^^Thanks for the clarification. If he put it in the duct, then maybe it was because he thought nobody would bother to look at a farm for the Book of Rao. Little did he know that his son lived there & had a certain friend spying on him.
                            Jor-El did know that Clark lived there, it was clarified earlier in smallville in the episode Relic.

Comment

^^Actually, the clone Jor-El's memories, was from 20 years, before Clark was even born (sending Kal-El, to be raised by the Kents, was a choice, Jor-El made, while Lara was pregnant, in 1986). In Kandor, he's surprised, by the revelation, that he had a son.

Comment

No, that's not correct, Eddie, sorry. The Jor-El in Kandor is a clone (from the Orb) of the real Jor-El, created from DNA taken 20 years before Krypton was destroyed (seen early in the epi).

So the Jor-El clone remembered his trip to Earth (in Relic) and meeting Hiram Kent but had no knowledge of Kal-El. The real Jor-El and Lara had Kal-El after Jor-El's blood was taken. This is why Chloe had to explain that he had a son and that the Kent's had done a wonderful job in raising him.

Clone Jor-El and Chloe have this exchange at the farmhouse:

Chloe: Well, maybe he wasn't around other Kryptonians, but he certainly wasn't alone. Trust me, the Kents are the greatest parents you could've ever hoped for on Earth.
                                Jor-El: I would've expected as much. My father sent me here when I was younger as a-a rite of passage.
                                Chloe: Like a walkabout?
                                Jor-El: I met a man called Hiram Kent. I felt so much love in his house. And perhaps that's why I sent Kal-El here.
                                Chloe: But if you didn't know that your son even existed, why did you come to Smallville today?
                                Jor-El: I have many very fond memories here. I wanted to see the place again.

Maybe the last line is indicating this was one place on Earth that he felt he could safely leave the Book of Rao?

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Ah, I see jon-el87 beat me to it.
                                Last edited by skully; 04-22-2010, 12:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎