Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Michael did tell Hurley that they would die if they blown up the plane??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Michael did tell Hurley that they would die if they blown up the plane??

Why did Michael did tell Hurley that they would die if they blown up the plane?? Maybe a mad Flocke will kill them but Flocke can't turn Smokey on Hydra Island can he?? Doesn't he lose that power??

Surely Michael knows about the Submarine whereas Flocke definitely doesn't know. Is Michael on Flocke side??

Why would Micheal or Hurley bother to met Flocke? I really don't like Richard, Miles and Ben departing from Hurley's group. It doesn't seem right. I really don't like Hurley not following Richard's decision when Jacob said that they should listen to Richard because he knows. Jacob should have idea about what the future entails for them. So Hurley doesn't want to follow Jacob then?

Trusting dead people idea that Hurley has, is starting to wear thin with me. Especially if such dead one like Micheal is stuck on the island as a punishment.

Remember last season when smokey lockes appeared as ben's daughter to psychologically motivate him to kill jacob.... it is possible that michael was really smokey lockes.... for that matter it could be possible that any of the dead people that appear to hurley including jacob is smokey locke... which would thus make it obvious why michael would want hurley to prevent the plane from being blown up

i dont think dead jacob that appeared to hurley is smokey locke - just a possible theory - michael more likely

Comment

Originally posted by jmsnyc
      Remember last season when smokey lockes appeared as ben's daughter to psychologically motivate him to kill jacob.... it is possible that michael was really smokey lockes.... for that matter it could be possible that any of the dead people that appear to hurley including jacob is smokey locke... which would thus make it obvious why michael would want hurley to prevent the plane from being blown up
      I think it's been established however that MIB can't do his trick anymore, not since taking on the form of a candidate--Locke. This was his "loophole", but it didn't come without a price. He's stuck as Locke. He can only go back and forth between being smoke and being Locke. So the people Hurley has been seeing were indeed likely the "spirits" of the dead people, or perhaps just Jacob pretending to be, doing some manipulation of his own.

As for why blowing up the plane would get a lot of people killed, it probably really is as simple as MIB getting mad and killing everyone. But that's a little flawed since the submarine can still be used, so it's not like the plane is MIB's only alternative. And the dead people/Jacob visiting Hurley should know that. So it's not really clear.
      Last edited by Xanderman; 04-16-2010, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I agree that MIB cannot be another person other than Locke or smokey as it was said he cannot change his form as the consequence of killing Jacob.

I also doubt very much that the dead people are Jacob in disguise as it is said that it would defeat the purpose of him bringing people to the island and so that the people decide for themselves what is the good or evil direction without his interfering on their decision. If Jacob was any one of the dead people then, MIB has won his argument because those peoples views were leaded by Jacob and couldn't make their own decision and hence is unable to prove that they were good inwardly.

----- Added 11 Minutes later -----

To be honest, if we can't kill Flocke or destroy any means of him escaping, then we might as well killing the whole lot of them candidates so that Flocke (who is evil) cannot leave the island into the outside world and by ensuring that no real means for anyone to get to the island (by destroying the DI's lamppost). This way, Flocke is trapped and noone can find the island and the outside world is safe. Let the few die so that others can live. People dying for a greater cause to stop evil would show that good not evil is in the heart of mankind.
        Last edited by WhoRU?; 04-20-2010, 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by WhoRU?
          I also doubt very much that the dead people are Jacob in disguise as it is said that it would defeat the purpose of him bringing people to the island and so that the people decide for themselves what is the good or evil direction without his interfering on their decision. If Jacob was any one of the dead people then, MIB has won his argument because those peoples views were leaded by Jacob and couldn't make their own decision and hence is unable to prove that they were good inwardly.
          Jacob has been "interfering" in lots of other ways though. He (along with the mysterious island) has pushed people/events to get to the situations they have been in, which to me implies that he already knows what they would do or the choices they would make given the circumstances. And as I've said before, remember when Linus stabbed him, Jacob in a way said the worst possible thing to Linus, that being "What about you?" This wasn't exactly the most "neutral" thing he could have said, if anything it was sure to set Linus off, who was desperate for answers/explanations here, not more of the same cryptic b.s. lol And Jacob was calm the whole scene, to me it's because he was expecting the confrontation. Everything that is happening he has foreseen in some way imo, either via a power he has, or from time travel.

And besides, when you think about it, what's the difference if Jacob visits Hurley and tells him to stop Smokey from leaving the island, or if he appears as Michael and does it. Either way Hurley has a choice and is making his own decision. Whether Hurleys thinks it's Jacob guiding him or "Michael" or someone else, he's still not being forced, right. Just "pushed". Something Jacob has been doing from day one.

To be honest, if we can't kill Flocke or destroy any means of him escaping, then we might as well killing the whole lot of them candidates so that Flocke (who is evil) cannot leave the island into the outside world and by ensuring that no real means for anyone to get to the island (by destroying the DI's lamppost). This way, Flocke is trapped and noone can find the island and the outside world is safe. Let the few die so that others can live. People dying for a greater cause to stop evil would show that good not evil is in the heart of mankind
          Given that we have two universes now, it means that every character has a "backup life". So I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of them do in fact die in a sacrificial sort of way. The only issue I have with this is that they already did something similar to what you're saying, back when Jack and company decided to blow up the bomb. They weren't sure what would happen, but were willing to die if that's what it would take to fix things/save everyone. Many of them have already proven their goodness/selflessness many times over, Jack being front and center. So perhaps Jacob's goal is to prove that even the worst seeming of them can be redeemed, people like Linus, etc.
          Last edited by Xanderman; 04-20-2010, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎