Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Point of No Return?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed it I felt allot was moved forward more so then recent episdoes I give it a 8 out of 10. I am just a little bothered that at this point in the season they are what looks to be another filler next week.

Comment

i actually like ready this forum more than the others. you all discuss the episode and not how hot everyone is each minute of the episode and how you fantasize 24/7 about them. its kind of nice. actually. the episode was good, but not quite what i expected, considering ive been watching since day 1. i thought too much was rushed into 45 mins. and i don't understand how 2-3 years of dean's internal conflict could suddenly just come to a halt in about 20 seconds, and then do a complete 180. just doesn't make any sense to me. or even his outlook on the whole michael/free will thing. that did a complete flip flop in about 5 minutes. im glad it ended the way it did, but i just think it was rushed. and if they're gonna fight lucifer the route they're taking now, they better start pulling some rabbits, because dean may have been emo, but imo he was thinking logically as far as the apocolypse goes. colt-nope, God-yes,but he's just hanging out, and they have no other leads. so michael was the only way. so i guess we'll see.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

and seeing jake abel as michael will be very interesting cause im almost positive thats what happened at the end.
      Last edited by kcufehttahw; 04-16-2010, 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        Reckoning [Smallville] was garbage IMO. The producers used its place as the 100th episode just to kill a great character for the shock factor and the season's plot fell flat after it. Even though I didn't really enjoy this episode, I'd rather have an episode like this than Reckoning.
        I loved Reckoning, thought it was one of the best ever, but HATED that they killed off Johnathan Kent. It was too soon. As you said, he was a great character. But at least they kept him around for 5 seasons. Supernatural killed off John Winchester just after season 1. That was even worse, and it left a hole in the show that has never been filled. I still haven't gotten over that. Still hoping they bring him back at some point. I mean, Sam and Dean have died how many times? Why does John only get once?

I thought the 100th episode this week was somewhat disappointing. It was good for an everyday episode, but I expected more from this milestone. I'm not sure whether to rate it as compared to other episodes, or as I thought it should have been for the 100th.

Comment

Lackluster 100th ep. Still good though. gave it an 8. Great to she the 3rd brother back too.

Comment

adam would have to say yes to be used as a vessel so i doubt thats what happened and am wondering y michael doesn't come down and talk to them like lucifer did with nick instead of using an angle (zachariah) that he knows they hate

Comment

OK, gang I finally saw and....I have to admit I'm really torn. I wasn't sure how to feel about it for a while after it.

I hated that whole scene with Dean basically saying he has no faith in Sam. I was sighing and shaking my head the whole time. Self fulfulling prophesy, Dean, ever heard of it?!

Really enjoyed Misha/Cas in this one, I have to admit. When he was pissed and whaling on Dean? I have to admit I was kinda cheering him on.

Adam was...not nearly as annoying as he was before. And that they were using him as bait was a total surprise. Very clever actually.

Also, finally the angels figure out that the best way to get to the boys is through each other! Only took a couple of years to figure it out, idjits! Geez!

And poor Adam. I figure Michael's wearing him like a meatsuit right now. Or he's ashes.

Oh also, Bobby remains so. damn. cool. "Should I say it in Spanish?" And his yelling at Dean was impressive.

So I guess it was a good episode (though it felt like we were covering the same ground we have been lately) but i'm still upset with Dean for what he almost did, i guess. Ended up giving this one a 6.

Oh and Zachariah or as he could be called

you were a jerk and frankly, I'm kinda glad Dean ganked you.

Comment

Originally posted by diinIN
                I loved Reckoning, thought it was one of the best ever, but HATED that they killed off Johnathan Kent. It was too soon. As you said, he was a great character. But at least they kept him around for 5 seasons. Supernatural killed off John Winchester just after season 1. That was even worse, and it left a hole in the show that has never been filled. I still haven't gotten over that. Still hoping they bring him back at some point. I mean, Sam and Dean have died how many times? Why does John only get once?
                Even though I wanted John to be in the show longer, he was never involved with a significant depth in Supernatural from the beginning so that his death ruined the show like Jonathan Kent was in Smallville. John Winchester was seen in the Pilot & then not seen again until the last few seconds in the ending scene of Home. Then after that, the lower part of his face is seen for a few seconds in Scarecrow when he calls Sam. It's not until Shadow that we finally get to see him for a few minutes.

I didn't like the episodes after John was killed, but that was because Kripke chained the Winchesters to the Roadhouse with Ellen & Jo, which is not how the show ever worked. They had a few episodes like Bloodlust, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things & The Usual Suspects where they were temporarily in cross country road trip mode, but it wasn't until Croatoan when they finally broke much further away from the Roadhouse and the Ellen & Jo characters that Season 2 finally got interesting again. Season 2 was on a roll starting with the stretch of episodes that began with Croatoan, and it showed that John Winchester's death wouldn't have been such a drag on season 2 had they not anchored the Winchesters to the Roadhouse & just let them roam freely like they were meant to.

Comment

^^^ If you think about it, what really got the boys away from the Roadhouse was when Ava went missing. I think that added fuel to Azazel's remaining storyline involving the special children, etc.

Comment

I've watched a few times now. Wanted to see it again and think about it before I posted. My initial reaction was that it was great but it didn't have that "100" episode feel to it. But the more I thought about it the more I liked it and it did have some huge moments in it.

Loved Cas kicking butt...and shirtless too And as much as I hated seeing Dean get beaten up, I was kinda glad Cas did that. Someone had to help Dean get over his martrydom complex and see that there was a lot riding on his decision.

I know alot of people didn't like Dean telling Sam he couldn't trust him, but I get it. Once your trust has been violated to that extent it is hard, if not impossible, to repair. I don't like it, but I get it and I think it makes sense that Dean would take a while to come around and trust his brother again. I also loved seeing Sammy take the high road and not give up on Dean after what he said. It was his show of faith that ultimately brought Dean around. Which brings me to...

The last scene. I LOVED the ending scene with Sam and Dean!! Loved Dean saying he didn't want to let Sam down and that he needed to grow up and trust his brother again. Loved that they are going to take the fight to Lucifer and the Angel's and do it "their way". So glad they are fully back on the same page and back by each other's side.

I am worried about Cas...where did he go? I hope he's okay. And what happened to Adam. I hope they address that. Don't want it to be forgotten and never get an answer. Was he obliterated, did Michael take him after all, did Zac switch bodies?? So many possibilities.

So upon rewatching and thinking I gave this one a 10. It was satisfying and set up the last few episodes nicely. Also loved seeing our boys really reconcile and come together to face a common enemy. Just like old times. This one has me really excited for the rest of the season!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎