No announcement yet.

Why did Desmond run over Lock?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Desmond run over Lock?

Why did he run him over? To get everyone to the hospital? If he did, he should had run over Hurley too.

ya i have no clue. maybe he had a flash f locke throwing him down the well

but ya i think he is doing something that is making them all need to go back somewhere. wonder how he will get the whole plane back or whatever. like micheal and walt and the people we dont know.

Comment

He probably ran him over so that Locke could have the vision of his life on the island just like Charlie and Desmond had to be near death to see their visions.

Comment

That, and he may have seen Locke as the MIB

But on the score card it Des 1 Locke 1... I imagine Locke can't kill Desmond so he trapped him in the well..

Comment

Maybe Desmond senses that John is "supposed" to be healed or walking (as he was and did in the original universe). Perhaps John needs to be near death, or die, and be resurrected just like his original self was by Jacob. Desmond is trying to make sure the same things happen again. Similar to how the same people in the same or similar situations (like on a plane together) had to be replicated in order for the losties to return to the island.

Or maybe Desmond senses that Locke died in the other universe, and now he's trying to even things out.

Locke (dying): Why.....WHY????
          Desmond: No matter what I try to do, you're gonna die Charlie!!
          Locke: HUH?? I'm not Charlie...and I KNOW I'm gonna die....you just ran over me you piece of ****!
          Desmond: Oh, right. Sorry, brotha! I guess I murdered the wrong person, then!
          Original Charlie's Ghost appears: Actually, we BOTH died in the original universe. So technically--
          Desmond: OH WHO CARES. So anyhoo John, you suppose then I could have your wheelchair after you croak?
          Locke: Sure...why...
          Desmond: I want to beat our Charlie to death with it when I see him again. I think it'd be "ironic"!
          Locke: Try "moronic"... Moron. [dies]
          Michael shows up: Walt??!? WALT?! WAAAAAAAALT!!!!!!
          Desmond: That was just John, brotha! And don't worry, I'll take care of your brat son too, just give me some time brotha!!
          Michael: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by superhippie2000
          maybe he had a flash f locke throwing him down the well
          Desmond: "Payback's a b****, brotha!"

Originally posted by Tabularasa
          He probably ran him over so that Locke could have the vision of his life on the island just like Charlie and Desmond had to be near death to see their visions.
          Possibly, but that begs the question as to why he didn't just beat Hurley to (near) death with a hammer or something in the restaurant or force him to choke on his own chicken instead of convincing him to see Libby. lol And I don't think Desmond was ever actually near death when he had his visions was he? He had his first vision underwater wide awake while trying to rescue the crackhead--it was the "familiarity" of it all that seemed to trigger the first flash in Desmond's case I think. Similar to kissing Libby triggered a flash for Hungry Hungry Hurley.

Originally posted by McFly
          I imagine Locke can't kill Desmond so he trapped him in the well..
          Sounds possible, however I thought MIB just couldn't harm the candidates or something? Or perhaps he can't harm anyone that is under the "island"'s protection? As we've heard multiple times that the island "isn't done" with Desmond yet. Maybe MIB senses or knows this as well, and so can't harm him because of this. That said, why doesn't he just find a "loophole" to get it done like he did with Jacob? lol
          Last edited by Xanderman; 04-14-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I thought Desmond ran over Locke because he was supposed to die, just like Hurley was supposed to be a lucky man. When Locke's father threw him out the window fate intervened in the form of Jacob. Maybe instead of being paralyzed he was meant to have died. Just like Hurley was fine until Jacob crossed his path. Maybe Desmond is trying to correct the paths and only one reality can exist. He's trying to correct the paradox.
            Last edited by darkphoenix21; 04-14-2010, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎