Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrixville, New apporoach????

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool responses! Glad I wasn't by myself on this one.

Comment

Even with the low ratings due to lack of promotion..
      The is espisode was rock star. I loved it!! The fx were cool. MM was bad ass and used A LOT of his powers. That was just freaking cool.
      More eppies like this and with some promotion and I think SV's ratings and go up pretty high.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by jayesse8
      I liked the visual tableau of the GA leap ... very comic-book frame-ish.

Did not care for the elementary / rudimentary strobe-light save, but I did like the disappearance of CK and Chloe, as you point out. That emphasized the unspoken, "I'm here for you now" importance of the save.
      I took the lights off lights on part of the save as, now you see us, now you don't. LOL He's super fast.
      Last edited by pjack; 04-10-2010, 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Bizarrolover
        I think the effect was over used.
        Yeah, I thought it was kind of silly how they used it in the beginning of the episode.
        I liked how it was used at the end, though.

Comment

It was really a mix of "300" (Tess' street fights) and comic-book style freeze-frames (bullet catch). Really cool, I must say.

I saw someone comment it looked like Watchmen-style camera work. "300" preceded "Watchmen". In fact, the same directors directed both movies. Not to be nitpicky, but just fyi.

Comment

I tought these fight scenes where awesome !!!

Comment

I didn't like the Tess fight scenes, especially the boxing hook to the dude's jaw in slow-mo....no need.

but the effect used with the lights going on and off at the Castle with the Clark rescue mission was original.

Comment

As comic-y as it was, gawd it was over used! There was slow mo in almost every scene my brain started processing slowly!

Comment

Freaking epic. Best episode effects wise, and just badass wise this whole season.

Comment

I didn't think it was too much. I thought it was awesome, actually. [MOD EDIT]
                    Last edited by WickedJenn; 04-12-2010, 06:45 PM. Reason: Discussing the boards.

Comment

I really liked it but I hope it doesn't get used again, of if it is that they use it very very sparingly. It is something that could get relly old really fast and I can see it getting majorly spoofed if it becomes something that SV is known for. There are plently of pople on the internet who would use it to make fun of SV.

Comment

^ Which I don't get. Why would it be made fun of? It's actually a cool effect. I guess it's everyone's mission in life to mock Smallville...I've never understood that, oh well. It's so much better than at least 90% of what everyone's raving about on TV right now...we've got about a million pointless CSI and crime shows, and the rest are about who's having sex with who...Smallville is one of the few shows that actually has quality.

Comment

I've read a lot of posts that complained about this ep. I don't know what they were watching, because I thought the ep was great, and the still-frame, slo-motion fight scene, continues the high level of creativity and originality the efx crew for this show constantly achieves. I loved it.

Comment

I thought it was a reference to the comic book origins of the story, not to the matrix.

Pausing the fight scenes is equivalent to a snapshot, and that's what comic books are, a series of snapshots.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                              I thought it was a reference to the comic book origins of the story, not to the matrix.

Pausing the fight scenes is equivalent to a snapshot, and that's what comic books are, a series of snapshots.
                              Yeah it was pretty cool. I liked it and wasn't over used IMO. They need smething to help revive SV and especially since it will be back next year. They just need to use that in combination with a regular fight scene. Like freeze frame for a hard blow or something.

Comment

Yes I really liked it and agree it shouldve been used long ago. It reminded me alot of the smallville motion comics from couple years ago with the yaris ads. Its sad when tv shows like heros tries to be a comic book inspired show when it wasnt even a comic book. Smallville which has an icon comic book character as its main player shouldve had this action method down since day one.

This style of effects is great because the scene lasts longer and has more of a dramtic effect of the comics instead of making a swooshing sound and have clark fly across the screen at a million miles per hour and have it be over in a second.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎