Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Red Chess piece - All Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strictly going by hints and allusions in this episode my belief is that MM gave the best clues to the Identity of the Red Queen.

In Clark's loft, he made the comment about more players on the board and in choosing sides not everything is black and white. If you believe that these are chess metaphors (and I do) then the black and white metaphor refers to black and white chess pieces. MM offered this black and white metaphor in non-answer to Clark asking him who he was working with. This is convincing evidence to me that MM is working with the Red Queen. Once one reaches that conclusion it makes perfect sense that MM placed the Red Queen on Waller's chess board. Next to Clark MM is the only character I can think of who could get in and out of the castle undetected.

If one accepts the premise that MM is working with/for the Red Queen then it becomes more important to pay attention to all of MM's scenes in the episode. When talking to Waller MM tries to persuade her that her war against the aliens is unwarranted and that she is acting out of unfounded fear. Now who could MM be working with that would take that position. Lex Luthor? No way. Tess Mercer? Possibly. But much less likely. MM working for/with Tess? I don't think so. Then who else? Chloe? That's a pretty far-fetched stretch particularly considering that Chloe's instinct is to wage pre-emptive war against all Kyptonians except Clark. Who are we left with? The only options I can see are Martha Kent, Lana Lang or some character as yet to be introduced.

My guess is that the Red Queen is either Martha or Lana.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barbara
      My guess is that the Red Queen is either Martha or Lana.
      I have a hard time believing it is either of them. That seems too aggressive for Martha, and Lana, even with her Luthor connections, doesn't seem to have the influence needed for something like this.

Now, the two working together... that I could see as a possibility. But I can't see either of them doing it alone.

But in all of the speculation, one name I'm surprised hasn't come up (not that I believe it is her) is Maxima, who has red hair and is a legitimate queen. OK, so she hasn't been seen on Earth for more than a season, and I can't imagine how she could recruit MM, but it is much more believable than some of the names tossed out.

Comment

• 3 options:

Lori Lemaris
        Morgan Edge (coming back from the dead)
        Shelby

Or maybe the fourth (bonus) option: Alexander Luthor Jr.
        Last edited by Billyk; 04-20-2010, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• How about whoever is the voice of the orb.
          We still don't know who it is.
          I find it little hard to believe that the MMH is working for any type of Earth organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Karza
            It's got to be someone in the government. It's not going to be someone like Granny Goodness.

Hmmm...Reasonable guess? Martha

G.G is my "out there" guess - here is my reasoning:

Lewis Carroll wrote about the Red Queen and the Queen of Hearts:

I pictured to myself the Queen of Hearts as a sort of embodiment of ungovernable passion - a blind and aimless Fury.
            The Red Queen I pictured as a Fury, but of another type; her passion must be cold and calm - she must be formal and strict,
            yet not unkindly; pedantic to the 10th degree, the concentrated essence of all governesses![1]
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Que...oking_Glass%29

Ok, so we have the following description of the Red Queen from Lewis Carroll:

Fury (Granny Goodness was leader of Darkseid's Female Furies)
            Cold and Calm/formal and strict yet not unkindly - G.G. is always shown as being grandmotherly but strict and brutal
            Pedantic to the 10th degree: G.G. trains Darkseid's soldiers, so she is a teacher of some kind
            The concentrated essence of all governesses: G.G is frequently shown as brainwashing children and recruiting them for evil - sort of like the governess in the Omen movies

This would tie into the Darkseid storyline if they went in this direction.

Martha could also fit some of these, but they carry a mostly negative connotation. Martha is not cold (she is very warm and kind), and certainly not pedantic.

I say Granny Goodness...
            Last edited by ClubXerxes; 04-20-2010, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎