No announcement yet.

Soulmates

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soulmates

During the episode Desmond discusses the idea of "Love at First Sight"....We can infer that Charlie was talking about Claire and Daniel was talking about Charlotte. Is one of the biggest mysteries for the finale, that everyone has a perfect match, another half, ying/yang...however you want to put it? And in whatever reality we will always be drawn to that person.

I think that's part of what they're trying to show, Angel. I think the overarching theme is that there are certain things that are "destined" to happen regardless of what other events and details take place in a person's life. People will end up making some of the same choices, embarking on some of the same journeys, and discovering happiness in some of the same relationships, regardless of other differences that might be more readily apparent at first.

Comment

I'm fairly certain that everyone on the show has a soul mate. Even someone like Ben had Annie. But I also feel that there's a theme of choices vs. destiny. Some characters made choices that took them away from their soul mates.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
        During the episode Desmond discusses the idea of "Love at First Sight"....We can infer that Charlie was talking about Claire and Daniel was talking about Charlotte. Is one of the biggest mysteries for the finale, that everyone has a perfect match, another half, ying/yang...however you want to put it? And in whatever reality we will always be drawn to that person.
        I think it has more to do with the fact that the 2nd universe isn't the "real" universe (or "natural" universe), if one figures that the only reason it exists is because of time travelers from the original universe (and also the island's "white flash" power which "beamed" the bomb at the moment of its explosion to the 2nd universe, creating it in the process). The 1st universe on the other hand does not require the 2nd to exist (although I'm sure the 2nd has a purpose, which is why Jacob/the Island pushed things along to make sure it got created). So anyway, following this logic, the 1st universe is where the lives they were supposed to be leading lie. And in these lives they were in love with these various women. I'm not sure we can say that they were all perfect matches/soulmates though. I mean Claire was mostly just weirded out by Charlie if I remember right. It was more of a one-sided fantasy when it came to that drugged up delusional crackhead Charlie. lol Throughout the season in Sideways flashes, we've seen it has only been the AU counterparts that have been experiencing these "connections to the other side" (like AU Jack and the appendix thing). Only the AU people are experiencing these things because the AU is a universe that should not exist. It is a tangent universe (Donnie Darko). It exists only because the Island (and/or Jacob) wanted it to.
        Last edited by Xanderman; 04-07-2010, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
          Only the AU people are experiencing these things because the AU is a universe that should not exist. It is a tangent universe (Donnie Darko). It exists only because the Island (and/or Jacob) wanted it to.
          I think Des might have seen the AU when he was in the EM Generator, he might have been connected to the consciousness of AU Des while the test and thats why AU Des fainted when the generator was shut down and itīs also why Des was so calm didnīt hit Charles in the face when he stood up.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisB85
            I think Des might have seen the AU when he was in the EM Generator, he might have been connected to the consciousness of AU Des while the test and thats why AU Des fainted when the generator was shut down and itīs also why Des was so calm didnīt hit Charles in the face when he stood up.
            Yeah, first we had Des shifting consciousness thru time, and now we see he apparently can do the same across universes. The man gets around.

Ape-like Desmond reminds me of ape-like Ted from Heroes' season one. He was radioactive. He wasn't harmed by radiation, similar to how fellow caveman extraordinaire Desmond wasn't harmed/burned by that energy discharge that everyone's favorite British crackpot Widmore forced him to endure without even bothering to try and explain things better first. (Widmore's addicted to the drama. heh) And speaking of apes, there's no man more "apier" than freaky Faraday, that's for damned sure. lol
            Last edited by Xanderman; 04-08-2010, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎