Chuck's official "First Kill"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck's official "First Kill"

So what do you guys think about it?

I think his first kill couldnt happen at a better time. There was nothing he could have done.

As a not-self-described nice guy myself, I thought that was probably the hugest moment in Chuck's life since the Intersect went into him. And yet, he came out the same Chuck. And Sarah's reaction...I was definitely relieved. Heh.

Comment

I've always thought that the only way for Chuck to kill anyone and still remain the old Chuck is to do it to save Sarah. So I thought it couldn't have happened at a better time. Plus, he didn't just kill some random nameless bad guy, he killed Shaw...which was even harder for him. And I was really relieved at Sarah's reaction...she knew that he had to do it to save her.

Comment

I agree...perfect way for Chuck to have his first kill and not lose his identity in the process. I think he had to kill eventually to progress as a spy, but he will never be a cold blooded killer. It took a threat to someone he loved to make him go there. Even so, I wonder if he will struggle with having taken a life??

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
          I agree...perfect way for Chuck to have his first kill and not lose his identity in the process. I think he had to kill eventually to progress as a spy, but he will never be a cold blooded killer. It took a threat to someone he loved to make him go there. Even so, I wonder if he will struggle with having taken a life??
          I agree. I think it will probably weigh on him, but he will also be secure in the knowledge that he didn't do it in act of emotionless detachment, but in a heroic act to save the woman he loved.

Comment

I really have nothing else to add that you all didn't already say. I think you're totally right in how you described the potential effects this could have on Chuck. It might weigh him down momentarily, but overall, he knows, and clearly Sarah understands, too, that he had no other alternative in that moment. It was kill or be killed and watch the love of his life get murdered as well. He had no other option and did himself, Sarah, and his country proud.

Comment

Dido to what y'all said. So glad they had it happen that way.

Comment

I just thought it may have been too many shots for him to have taken. I would have liked it if during his first shot, Shaw accidently trips over the bridge with the possibility of his return later on in the series.

Comment

I think Shaw made the perfect first kill. The situation totally set up for it, and it's not like it was just another everyday Ring operative.

Comment

Honestly love IS selfish. To me it all fits perfectly. Sarah is a girl who has never felt she had any value more than sexual in another human being. Even her own dad was occupied by his own doing and used her for it even though he loved her in his own way.
                    Casey told her Chuck wasn’t a killer. “He’s not wired that way”.
                    So Chuck went outside his own believes and did this, to him horrible act to save HER.
                    After what he did in episode 3.12 and now this, there is no doubt at all in her mind for his love.

I honestly don’t think this will affect him very much. He will still not kill after this unless some one tries to kill Sarah.
                    Last edited by PNy; 04-06-2010, 03:58 AM.

Comment

I think he will be fine... I am sure at the back of his head, he is kinda relieve that Shaw is dead.

Chuck was already annoyed that everyone is saying "Shaw is a good spy and Shaw is a professional"

Comment

That was the perfect way to have Chuck's first kill he saved Sarah he had no other option he even tried to convince Shaw because he did'nt what to kill him and Shaw is Shaw one of the most wanted Spies not just a common mole but at that time he was a mole. I knew that it was going to happen there was no way he was going to forgive Sarah even if it was'nt his fault he still loved her you could tell by the way he talked and sighed about her.

Comment

I think it was perfect that the first person Chuck killed would be Shaw, he had it coming. Shaw had a good run but was around long enough...IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎