Television Ratings for "Escape"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

where it was promoted? cause I didn't see it.

ANd hard for poeple to tune in if people are on vacations

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
      If people are "turned off" the show will take a hit the following week not during the episode they dislike. I fully expect the show to bump upwards next week, not because people liked this episode but because of all the things you mentioned(holidays, hiatuses, etc)

I am guessing the amount of people who go into a show knowing what they will see(ie come online and look at spoilers) is minimal compared to the amount of viewers. Unless there is alot of people with psychic abilities I don't see how the episode itself can effect people not watching it that particular week.
      This.

BUT keep in mind Checkmate is going to be preempted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a Mets game in NY that night?

I think Upgrade is going to be preempted too.

Not that any of this matters anymore. I found it interesting that while the viewers fell, the all important demo didn't plummet.

Comment

Originally posted by supes0
        BUT keep in mind Checkmate is going to be preempted. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a Mets game in NY that night?

I think Upgrade is going to be preempted too.
        I believe both Upgrade and Sacrifice will be pre-empted in NY, but not Checkmate.

Comment

Originally posted by LorelaiG
          where it was promoted? cause I didn't see it.

ANd hard for poeple to tune in if people are on vacations
          It was promoted, several articles and the typical SM exposure, TV guide pump and some E! exposure, in the same regard also noting the jeers. For it to be the lowest, under 2 mil something's a little different. It's fillerisque nature didn't help.

Comment

I believe both Upgrade and Sacrifice will be pre-empted in NY, but not Checkmate.
            Thanks! Glad it's not checkmate because then we'll get a better idea ratings wise if this was an anomaly due to the hiatus (CW didn't air SV repeats during the hiatus, right?) or what?

After seeing the drop for Vampire Diaries and Supernatural this week, I had a feeling this was going to happen.

Comment

Thanks! Glad it's not checkmate because then we'll get a better idea ratings wise if this was an anomaly due to the hiatus (CW didn't air SV repeats during the hiatus, right?) or what?
              The show was off for 4 weeks. During that time they aired repeats the first week, then were completely off air for the other 3 weeks. In all honesty it would have made more sense to either air Escape after Conspiracy(although maybe not enough time to edit it by then) and shown a repeat this week or show a repeat this week and push SV back a week

Comment

and shown a repeat this week or show a repeat this week and push SV back a week
                Yeah, don't know why they came back on Good Friday with no repeats preceding them.

Odd choice. But at the same time, I guess it just doesn't matter because they're renewed.

Comment

First ratings of Escape: 1.99 milion

The worst rating on Smallville's history.

And The CW aired already renewed Smallville (Viewers: #5, 1.99 million; A18-49: #4t, 0.9/ 4)

Comment

Yeah, don't know why they came back on Good Friday with no repeats preceding them.
                    I just saw Ghost Whispers ratings. After being pre-empted the past couple weeks for basketball, the show went from a 7.8M to a 5.9M. I think that gives you a general idea of how bad it is to put a new show on this weekend(especially after not being on air for a couple weeks)

Comment

I just saw Ghost Whispers ratings. After being pre-empted the past couple weeks for basketball, the show went from a 7.8M to a 5.9M. I think that gives you a general idea of how bad it is to put a new show on this weekend(especially after not being on air for a couple weeks)
                      Wow, what an impact, did any show increase? Or are they down all around

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz Fernando

And The CW aired already renewed Smallville (Viewers: #5, 1.99 million; A18-49: #4t, 0.9/ 4)
                        ON EASTER WEEKEND!

I wonder sometimes if poeple just like to ignore outside factors and go straight too doomed scenerios

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz Fernando

To some it's the worst episode of the season, seems deserving. It was an effortless episode, though Supsfan does have a point. I just don't see it getting this low especially when it hit 3 mil with the hype. Eh, forget it, hopefully next week we can gauge it differently

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicus
                              Wow, what an impact, did any show increase? Or are they down all around
                              CBS had some new medical drama that got 7.5M viewers at 10 PM, but both GW and Medium took about 25% hits. NBC programming took a slight hit(~5%), Fox which always airs repeats on Fridays took a 20% hit, while it's hard to judge ABC because they have some cooking show that premiered last week to a pretty high number(7.5M) that dropped to 4.5M(I am guessing a good chunk of that is just the expected drop in viewership after a couple episodes)

To some it's the worst episode of the season, seems deserving. It was an effortless episode, though Supsfan does have a point. I just don't see it getting this low especially when it hit 3 mil with the hype. Eh, forget it, hopefully next week we can gauge it differently
                              Well in a ratings board I am on, somebody brought up a good point, the weather could be a big factor as well. Many places are having a seasonably high tempurature this weekend. Couple that with Holidays not a good weekend for TV.

As I said you can't judge how people liked the episode by the rating when there is to many outside factors that made it predictibly low. If next week's rating goes down that will give you a good indication that that people hated this episode in general. If it goes up though I don't think that is proof positive that people liked it though(since all the outside factors)
                              Last edited by Supsfan; 04-03-2010, 11:24 AM.

Comment

It was promoted, several articles and the typical SM exposure, TV guide pump and some E! exposure, in the same regard also noting the jeers. For it to be the lowest, under 2 mil something's a little different. It's fillerisque nature didn't help.
                                I didn't see these promotions. In fact I was last week when I watched the end of ANTM to see if they would promote Smallville coming back the next week and they didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎