Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Effects in "Escape"

Talk about the episode's special effects here!

cant wait hopefully we will get some good ones, for at least silver banshee.

Comment

Clark heat visioning while running into Banshee's wail was pretty cool. Didn't love her look so was glad she wasn't in a ton of the episode. Oh and all Zod's brief flying near the beginning was pretty nice.

Comment

banshee's powers were good and clark's heat vision was nice, and zod flying too.

Comment

Zod flying was a clip from Doomsday when Cosmic Boy landed on the daily planet. They recycle thier clips sometimes

Comment

yea they do it some times. but it wasnt to noticable.

Comment

That shot was originally from the clark and lois flight/jump from crimson.
              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

But it was also used in doomsday. I've always like that shot.

Comment

is the flying scene from tonight online yet?

Comment

No, not yet.

Comment

ah ok yea i just wanted to compare it again. cause i wasnt paying to close of attention when the episode was airing. i was like sweet zod flying.

Comment

I don't think they're the same. Similar, but not the same.

Anyway, I really liked Zod's flight. Didn't really like Clark running into the Banshee's wail with his heat vision. Certainly not their best "Clark Time" effect. The closing of the Banshee's portal was pretty cool, though.

Comment

Laughable.

Clark's abilities effects were cool, as usual.

But the Silver Banshee just reminded me of Black Canary and I really felt it was, well, lame.

I did like the "hearing" effect used when Zod was on the roof in the beginning. That halo effect looked really great.

Comment

What special effects? That banshee costume was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan00
                            That shot was originally from the clark and lois flight/jump from crimson.
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

But it was also used in doomsday. I've always like that shot.
                            They've got to stop doing that, while I survived with Cosmic Boy flying at the beginning of "Doomsday," it was still pretty neat even though they used some old shots. I hate how they keep using those super speed shots from the end of "Run" all the time, in "Fallout," and "Arctic" also.

If anyone remembers, in "Arrival," when Clark races home, that shot was used again in "Crimson," only re-wound, and then again in "Disciple," only, they changed the color.

To do a good finale, they shouldn't have made "Doomsday" like any other random episode, I was disapointed to tears that in the scene where Clark flies Doomsday into space, it's not original, because it was from "Veritas" where Brainiac and Kara fly out of the Earth into space.

I know they have a low budget, but sometimes, they make great special effects, but they were just lazy in "Doomsday." On top of that, does anyone know how many other shots they re-used in that same episode? Metropolis in flames bird's eye-view shot from "Vessel," ugh, I can't remember the rest, but there were many.

It's nice to hear that there's at least a heat vision effect in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clark Kent27
                              It's nice to hear that there's at least a heat vision effect in this episode.
                              There's actually two

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎