Collapse
No announcement yet.

And so God is....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of unfinished storylines what about wrapping the vampires. From Season 1 it's been 5 years later and nothing you'd think Luthor's mate would want revenge.

Comment

Ever since the season one episode, though, we've heard that vampires have become a dying race. It even show more of that fact with season three's "Fresh Blood".

Comment

Another thing to look at is Josh's point "Why does he allow evil to even exist". I'm sure he has a damn good reason.

Comment

There is a familiar trope that be used in this show which is God is evil/uncaring and in that case usually God is kinda of a jerk I would not be surprised if God is like another obstacle in the show to overcome. Which is a little tiring so many people use that take on God in fiction that it loses it's impact. I hope that things go different.

Comment

my only beef with this season is how their message on faith is? Having angels come off as evil and make God appear like he doesn't care. Which is the total opposite of the truth which I won't get into.Because I don't want to make a big debate about religion. But if this is Eric Kripke's personal view on the subject he needs to back off. Because it sends the wrong message to the unsure or non-believers.

Comment

Kripke is Jewish. He is religious. He's not an atheist or anything, so he'll obviously have everything work out nicely.

And I don't see how someone can think God is a "jerk" just because he wants the boys to back off. It's not like it's God's fault the Apocalypse has arrived. He didn't break the first seal nor did he break the last or even any in the middle. And most likely, he's on Earth "taking notes" on this free will thing. And that'll most likely be the reason for him to finally stop it all in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Clois4eva89
                my only beef with this season is how their message on faith is? Having angels come off as evil and make God appear like he doesn't care. Which is the total opposite of the truth which I won't get into.Because I don't want to make a big debate about religion. But if this is Eric Kripke's personal view on the subject he needs to back off. Because it sends the wrong message to the unsure or non-believers.
                That's what I think too. It really bothered me how they depicted God or should I better say how the characters reacted to Him. The same thing with the angels, but when it comes to God, it's even worse. I'm pretty sure at the end, there will be vindication, but still I'd rather not have stuff like that. I'd rather see Sam & Dean clashing with the 4 Horsemen and even leading groups of non-hunters (average civilians) who are just finding out about the Apocalypse and trying to fight it. That would give a much better atmosphere of the Apocalypse in my opinion & would have been much better & action-packed than what we got in Dark Side of the Moon.

I think it would be awesome if they would do an episode where Death would resurrect Azazel and the Winchesters would have to use the Horsemen's rings & Castiel's help to kill him again. Or have an episode or 2 where the rings of War & Famine get stolen & have to get recovered.

Comment

If people get offended because they are religious, maybe they should quit watching the show? Cause it will only start conflicts.

Comment

Originally posted by Call_Me_Ishmael
                    I don't see any reason to prolong the Apocalypse arc into next season. It would been nice if they only slowed things down, but they're not. We've got two Horsemen, and only two more to go, and then with Lucifer's vessel, Nick, will most likely be in all kinds of mess up whenever we see him again.
                    It just hasn't felt all that much like what the Apocalypse is usually described as. It's probably because they hardly had Lucifer on this season. If it's already wrapped up at the end of this season, I will feel ripped off since we haven't gotten too many clashes between the Winchesters & Lucifer or the Winchesters & the Horsemen. I also think Kripke has a whole demon betrayal plot he's planning to do where they realize Lucifer is using them & will fight against him. All these elements could take up quite a few episodes.

And also, it was just a regular demon controlling Duane Tanner. I too thought it would be a special "Croatoan demon", but I'm figuring that it's just Pestilence's doing. And Azazel, or Lilith, sent a demon out to test out the virus before the special child ends up opening the Devil's Gate. So, with that being said, I doubt the virus has started now. In the episode, "The End", it was stated it started back in 2012. And even with certain events starting earlier than expected, Pestilence might be starting the virus in "The Devil You Know", but it hasn't started any earlier. The demon inside Duane stopped it, and hasn't been seen since, well, because the virus was only used for a test run.
                    It definitely was a regular demon possessing Duane Tanner. But as to who he was communicating with, is beyond me. I don't think it was Azazel or Lilith since both of them were working together to free Lucifer (Lilith had to know she was the final seal). And Azazel had to know that Sam & the other psychics were immune. In the episode, a demon of pestilence was referred to, and they even gave various names from John Winchester's journal. After watching it recently, I think they could easily have meant a demon of Pestilence as in a demon working for Pestilence, the Horseman (who wouldn't know as much about Sam since he & his brothers were sealed up). Like you said, I don't think the virus outbreak officially started yet, though infection of various individuals has started. My theory is that there are still people being infected, disappearing & spreading out over the country & world like sleeper cells so that when the signal is given, mass infections are carried out to cause a huge outbreak of the disease, which is scheduled for 2012, but will likely happen earlier since the timeline in The End will not happen as we saw it. I do think that destroying the virus could & should be a major focus of season 6. I also think the Winchesters will be visiting Heaven on a semi-regular basis to weed out bad eggs like Zachariah & restore order. I think we can very easily have a "war in Heaven" plot next season. Perhaps they can wrap up the Apocalypse by the halfway point of the season and take care of the virus & restoring Heaven throughout the 2nd half of the season to end the series.

Comment

It's a nice idea, sure, but the Winchesters aren't the "religious" type to help out with Heaven, and even so, it doesn't make sense for the Winchesters to jump from Heaven to Earth. That just doesn't make sense because no one can do that besides angels. It would be nice to have another season dealing with the Apocalypse, but it just won't happen. Also, with the fact that you want more Winchesters vs Lucifer and the Horsemen, but what we're getting is solo episodes with each Horsemen, and most likely we will get one more bout, but with all four Horsemen at once(I can see that in "Two Minutes To Midnight"), and it just costs money. Dawn doesn't care for Supernatural that much, and with the budget the series has I think it's doing a steady job. The Apocalypse could've been bigger and longer, but I think Kripke's dealing with it at a steady pace. The Horsemen seems to be put in place only to push Sam further to saying yes(a theory of mine), so having other battles with the Horsemen won't make any sense, imo.

Comment

Deus Ex Machina. I expect it, in the season finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                          Testing the boys? Fishing? I'm not following why God bothered to save them or release Dean from hell if he really had no intention of stopping anything or helping when he was really needed.

Well I mean, taking Dean from hell I guess he hoped Dean would stop Sam but you know that seem botched from the start because neither brother had enough info.....

It just seems odd....
                          I am with you on this Ginx. My first guess though, would be that God is testing the boys. I go back over this season and add everything up that has happened...Sam and Dean separating for a while, the deaths of Ellen and Jo, what happened to Bobby, and now this episode, and Cas looking like he was giving up too. Also Dean breaking down a bit over things that are missing in his life.

Look at the amount of times they've seen their parent or parents, I feel as though that's saying something to us as well.

Taking all this into account, it definitely seems like it could be the ultimate test. I mean the boys have had hard times before for sure, but this is a lot of big things in quick succession.

I'm curious to see where it all leads to...my guess would be trying to strengthen up Sam and Dean as much as possible so that they can really resist allowing Michael and Satan to use them as vessels...

Comment

not sure but cas looked so upset in the last scene and dean...well dean is depressed as hell

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎