Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of this episode?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xanderman
    Suppose it appeals to short attention spanned teens though (ie. the target audience)?
    And to a not so teen woman (that would be me) who doesn’t care as long as the beefcake eye candy stays hot to look at. I admit the writing is commercially teen targeted but after a long day at work, this kind of candy is what I like my eyes to feast on. It’s like sitting with a pint of Javachip ice cream & being indulgent.
    It mmmm….goood.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman
      Ok ep, far from great though for me. I just find it hard to really get into anything this show does anymore, owing largely to how temporary everything seems to be. Can't really be bothered to invest too much interest in anything happening or any character, because what you only start to care about they repeatedly take away just as fast. That's my number one beef about this show (major flaw). Too many plots one after the other, characters/actors being picked off just when you're getting used to them, etc. That's bad writing/showrunning to me. Suppose it appeals to short attention spanned teens though (ie. the target audience)?

Another thing that constantly bugs me is that Evil Damon is still alive. This is one long never-ending plothole to me that I just can't get past. He continuously murders humans and his own kind alike, and with no real lasting consequences for himself. The biggest plothole having happened recently, that being the bar witch that Damon ripped the beating heart out of. That vamp who spared him should have obviously found out about that, and then should have gone back after Damon to finish the job. So ridiculous.

Finally, Dobrev continues to annoy me. They could have done far better in the casting department where the Elena character is concerned. But it's too late now...or is it? Here's hoping the show pulls a Doctor Who and has Elena suddenly show up with a different appearance and personality next season. Seriously, show, I give you permission to do something so blatantly cheap and nonsensical--it's for the greater good.

6/10

Can you elaborate on why you feel Dobrev annoys you?

Comment

Originally posted by chole_fan
        I disagree on Damon though. I love the character. I think we need an evil counterpart to Stefan's self-rightousness. I also think there is more to Damon than has been explored and his character has great potential to grow and develop.
        Well it's not that I dislike the character, only the massive plothole his character's continued existence represents. I mean even his own brother wanted to kill him/came close to killing him at one point (or several points). How Damon can get away with murdering as many people as he has/does is beyond me--especially his own kind. And surely rabbit-drinking "good vamps"/"vamps with consciences" like Stefan can't possibly be alone in the world. Damon should have crossed paths with other vamps like Stefan, or vamp hunters, or good witches, many times over by now and really should have been put down like the dog that he is. (I mean the only reason that one vamp didn't finish him off was because Elena intervened and talked him down with cliches--are we to assume there happened to be cliche-spewing "Elenas" around to save him the same way his entire life? lol)

Originally posted by Saber
        And to a not so teen woman (that would be me) who doesn’t care as long as the beefcake eye candy stays hot to look at. I admit the writing is commercially teen targeted but after a long day at work, this kind of candy is what I like my eyes to feast on. It’s like sitting with a pint of Javachip ice cream & being indulgent.
        It mmmm….goood.

Originally posted by Heilige
        Can you elaborate on why you feel Dobrev annoys you?
        She's not the best actress IMO. Seriously she was pretty horrible as Katherine don't you think? Or is it just me? I think an older, more experienced (or at least better) actress might have been the way to go instead of taking a chance on Degrassi -- who I have a feeling got picked mostly for her "Alyssa Milano" look (Milano having played a witch on another "supernatural" based show, Charmed).

Xanderman's Impossible Quiz-of-the-Day:

One played a witch on television, one actually IS one! Can you guess which is which?

just kidding

Comment

i actually really liked this episode a lot . Especially the Damon and Elena Scenes lol Ian and Nina have a lot of on-screen Chemistry IMO.

also loved when Damon said to Stefan " where'd our girlfriend go " <3

Comment

Honestly, this show has been pretty flawless. I can't think of any other new show this seaosn (Minus gLee) that has had stunning episodes and story arcs. I have enjoyed every episode. I also like the fact that the writers aren't afraid to kill off characters. This episode was another great one.

Missed Bonnie.

Comment

I missed Bonnie too! I can't remember if she was in the preview for this week...

Comment

I don't think she was...

Comment

Well as much as I liked this episode, I dunno, I got the feeling at the end of wanting more. I guess that could be a good thing but it felt as if a lot of questions were answered and much was revealed, but more questions kinda plagued the ending. Damon, is going from being to one of my favorite characters to being, honestly, kinda pathetic. I understand why and everything but I'll just be ready when he moves on from his Katherine hurt. I liked the Alaric scenes with his wife. Alaric is becoming one of my favorite characters. The reveal where Damon was actually sleeping with Isobel and turned her was very shocking. Did not see that coming. I didn't really get into the Matt/Kelly relationship. I wish it was more thoroughly explored. Kelly was kinda dumped on us, when we didn't know anything about her.

"Maybe this heartache will be good for him. It'll remind him that he has one, even if it doesn't beat"

I give this episode an 8 out of 10. It had both it's good and bad moments, but it did leave me wanting to come back next episode.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎