No announcement yet.

And the Island winner of "How the Black Rock got inland"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Island winner of "How the Black Rock got inland"

Goes to Doc Artz... Season 1 when they went to the BR, Hurley asked "Dude how does a ship end up in the middle of the jungle?" Doc Artz said.............. "Maybe a tsunami wave did it..?"

All those theories and in the end it was just a wave And if anyone knows how such a wave hits an island and does really very little damage to the trees ect is beyond me.. Sure some debris was around, but NEVER has a wave like that done so little damage to the land it hits.. And could a wood ship survive smashing through a stone statue, doubt it..

Should we also wonder how Jacob & MIB had time for a hair cut and shave from the scene in the incident with them looking at (what we think was) the Black Rock to the crash of it? And how bout that bright sunny and cloudless day they were enjoying? It sure got dark fast.. I'll just go with the time difference we seen in S4 with the Doc washing on shore before he was killed on the ship...

All that being said I thought it was still the best episode since the Constant.. But I've read better theories on the net of how the BR ended up inland....

My original thought was that it isn't the Blackrock that they were watching Last season because he says that "it always ends the same" implying that they have brought multiple groups of people and likely multiple ships to the island and that explains all the differences from last season to this season. Unfortunately, I was wrong and it is time for a new theory.

I now figure that since Jacob has control over a lot of things, he probably has control over the weather or at least parts of it. The ship was pulled into the island's orbit where it spun around the island like Desmond did when he tried to escape. Jacob and MIB had some time to hang out before the ship crashed. They cleaned themselves up to look good for the arriving ship and then either the storm happened naturally and the ship floated in the island's orbit for a while or Jacob used some yet undisclosed power over the weather to conjure up a storm and the ship crashed on the island.

As for Wood v Stone... I don't have an explanation for that one. Poorly constructed statue? Well constructed ship? lol

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking he does have limited control over the weather, and if so, who's to say he might not also have some control over the local plant life to prevent the trees from dying? But yeah, that wooden ship wrecking the huge stone statue... Maybe it was built by some of the first Island residents, and they didn't have the best building materials...? Or it was hollow? But it is interesting that Dr. Arzt had pegged the real reason the Black Rock was able to make it that far inland since almost the beginning of the show. The shave/haircut bit... Well, for Smokey, we can just make-believe it's because he was always able to shape-shift before he was stuck in his Locke form. Jacob's just Jacob. 'Nuff said?

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
        Jacob's just Jacob. 'Nuff said?
        I feel like so many questions could come down to that as the answer.

Comment

I'm sure Jacob has control over weather. Remember it was also a storm that brought Desmond to the island. I was fine with this explanation. Sometimes the simpler are the better answers for me. My only problem with it was that it went through the statue. Not sure how that happened unless the ship broke in half.

As for show debris, I'm pretty sure they can't do damage to the island since it is a public place and I think on the season 1 DVD they talked about how it's kind of sacred ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabularasa
            As for show debris, I'm pretty sure they can't do damage to the island since it is a public place and I think on the season 1 DVD they talked about how it's kind of sacred ground.
            CGI it then.. Like they do for the statue the sub and so on.. If it happened in the 1800's trees would have been back by the time 815 crashed...

As for Jacob and weather. I'll buy that but that has to be explained pretty quick.. We're running out of time for new twists.. Like u said (and I did in another thread) the simplest answer will be the most likely.. To ensure the masses/kids understand the show/ending.. It's just the build up was so hyped, as in "Just wait till u see it" and as the years passed we either guessed it already or had better ideas...

Guy on another board was full on about his theory on the statue crumbling.. This was also assuming Christian was NOT the MIB..
            Jacob and MIB have their conversation on the beach (The Incident).. Now as they were doing that, the losties time jumped to that day.. Locke falls in the well, while the others see the statue, after Locke turned the FDW everything shakes.. And we hear Miles say "that 1 was different that 1 felt like an earthquake..." And that earthquake/Locke turning the wheel was the cause of the Statue crumbling.. Good theory he stood by, but was shot to hell in the end
            Last edited by McFly; 03-25-2010, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Draw and discuss island maps of ABCs series Lost based on Danielle Rousseaus mappings

Scroll down a little to the map that is labeled...
              I noticed where the black rock sits and where the foot of the statue lays its 1 hell of a fly over for it to have landed there after breaking the top of the statue off, would you say a major update is required for this map now?

Comment

I think the map should be updated at the end of the series. Lots of new places have popped up between season 4 and now.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎